Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

34 minutes ago, DGW9 said:

Yes and it's filled with the usual excuses! We'd be top of the league with the quality we show in training

"We warned the players not to give away cheap free kicks. We also decided to play Kevin Nicoll to try and batter them into submission".

41 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

Has DL given a post match interview?

Yeah, usual p#sh

Saying that we are great in training and doesn’t know how we don’t turn it into game time

To me the reason is quite clear - basically the players aren’t good enough and haven’t been all season.  So result to me wasn’t a surprise 

We needed to raise our game and we were even poorer than we normally are and Clydebank probably raised their game but probably by not much

There should be a gulf in class between L1 and West of Scotland league but yesterday just showed me we aren’t L1 level class be and majority of team are probably lower L2 or lowland league level which made the game a 50/50 game

We only have DGW and if you nullify him we don’t pose a threat and their baldy CH had DGW in him back pocket all game

10 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Suppose it's easy for players to look good in training when it's shite v shite.

Yeah that is probably the reason I was thinking.  

It easy in any environment for everyone to look good when everyone is of the same level as each other

only problem is rather than L1 level the players are all probably lower L2 or mid/high lowland league level

We haven’t looked L1 in any game this season other than flashes of brilliance from DGW in games that is the reason why we are 9th rather than 10th

56 minutes ago, DGW9 said:

Great to see the chairman come out and say how disappointed the board are and that all football operations are under scrutiny.......

Personally I don’t think this is enough

The board should surely have seen the performance and result yesterday coming.  I certainly did as we haven’t played well in any game this season (I have seen them all except two v Dumbarton home and v QP away)

DL should have been made aware in no uncertain terms before the game that a result like that he could just forget getting on the team bus back to Broadwood

We are sleep walking to L2.

Sometimes you reach the point that just a new voice and presence gives the boost you need.  I think we have reached that point plus would give the new manager a month to assess  things before January

17 hours ago, haufdaft said:
17 hours ago, Harry Haddock said:
Who would want to take on this mob?

Step up, Mr Graham Diamond.

Ah think that’s whit were aw afraid off

Let be honest, this board is sleepwalking the club to the grave. Unless things change on and off the park we will be at best a Lowland league team in a few years.
The club has went tits up since promotion and whilst on the park the buck stops with DL off the park the board is to blame.

Two utter imposters for recruitment and a board that stays silent and will occasionally say buzz words like "new stadium" or "making inroads woth sponsors"

How can he turn us around the way he did when he was appointed, then do a complete u-turn as we have now, I don’t understand it doesn’t make secret, Two experienced managers have managed to wreck any progress made within 2 years it’s quite unbelievable.

I also have a question to put out there: the sports science/ analysis stuff.. is it actually a distraction at part time level?

Is it causing Lennon to overthink things and forget about the obvious?

we don’t even warm up subs  at half time now because they stay in and watch a presentation from the analysis guy! Utter nonsense if you ask me, funny how our decline coincided with all this pish!

How much actual ball work and tactical work is actually done a training instead of which we are analysing distance ran, heart rate zones and muscle strength etc.. Going by out defending set pieces I’d say very little practical work on game play is done at all.

I won’t even mention Recruitment Dept and the Charlatan Diamond!! 

9 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

we don’t even warm up subs  at half time now because they stay in and watch a presentation from the analysis guy! Utter nonsense if you ask me, funny how our decline coincided with all this pish!

I would say the decline started the moment Letham and Alexander snuck in through the back door,, heading back to the days we witnessed under their previous tenure.

Edited by Pride Of The Clyde

Time to go Danny. This season has been nothing short of an embarrassment. Players have a fucking cheek not apologising to the fans who turned up yesterday to watch them half arsed stand and watch Clydebank play football. 

Pathetic fucking attitude from a group of so called “football players”