Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Bunch of fucking imposters the lot of them. Splaine lasting 90 mins after the worst individual performance I've ever seen from a Clyde player just shows the garbage we have in reserve. 

Clydebank didn't even have to work hard for that. Embarrassing from top to bottom.

Worst thing about today for me was that 2-0 flattered us. Some of the worst individual performances I've seen from Clyde players. Tade did more in his time on than most others combined but that wouldn't have been too tall a mountain to climb.

The other thing that annoys me - probably irrationally - is the post-match interviews and the lack of actual questions or pressure.

It’s obviously the issue with being reliant on club media post Covid but Lennon really should be getting pressed on whether he’s considering his position but instead it’s the usual platitudes about training and congratulating the opposition.

Edited by Ignoramus

Personally I’d be looking away from Bollan, did ok with Cowdenbeath but we need to look higher.

Brian Rice is someone I’d consider, similar position with accies in terms of being lower down the budget scale in the league but did a good job. 

However, I have no confidence Lennon will walk or that we’ll get rid. 

Never met a more horrid set of supporters at a Clydebank game since before the juniors. Get beat off a team 3 divisions below and trying to intimidate old guys.. even some arguably sectarian remarks heard.

Enjoy the rest of the season. See you in the lowland league season after next. 2-0 ya p***ks. Lol. 

8 minutes ago, Jack Phillips said:

Not convinced Aaron Splaine is a footballer after today, never seen someone lose the ball so much / give the ball away. Hope Barry’s not out for long or we are defo fucked.

The only positive thing you can say about Splaine today is that even when he is playing like that, he doesn't hide. Not much of a positive admittedly but look at the state of some of the other players.  

Appointing a new manager is more about preparing for next season now, whatever division we are in. Apart from the ultimate happy-clappers, there's not a single person who would feel confident about Danny Lennon doing that. I refuse to believe that Billy Mortimer was getting a game for Cumbernauld; he is in a league of his own in terms of being out of his depth.

If Nicoll and Love are good in the changing room, then it would be good for them to start motivating some people. They certainly aren't contributing anything positive on the pitch.

If you are a boring, miserable side like we are, then you should at least threaten from a set piece occasionally. I don't think we've had a serious effort on goal from a set piece since the QP game at Broadwood, which is worsened by the fact we look like conceding from every corner and free-kick. It doesn't help when you regularly field centre halves and target men that can't win a header.