Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

100% that’s what happened. Danny answered a question about recruitment at the end. Diamond who was sitting at the “top Table” was asked; “anything to add?” He simply said “No!”

Quite unbelievable, shocking lack of leadership on his part, it was almost like he had taken the huff that there was criticism voiced. Basically left Lennon to face the crowd so to speak. Disgrace

29 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

100% that’s what happened. Danny answered a question about recruitment at the end. Diamond who was sitting at the “top Table” was asked; “anything to add?” He simply said “No!”

Quite unbelievable, shocking lack of leadership on his part, it was almost like he had taken the huff that there was criticism voiced. Basically left Lennon to face the crowd so to speak. Disgrace

Get him gone. That’s offensive. Joined as a main board director then resigned for trumped up post of Head of football so he could be paid. Not as if he’s set heather on fire. 
absolutely shocking 

3 hours ago, JBJ said:

couldnae make the meeting so thanks to everyone for posting some notes.

Star of the show....." would you like to say anything as head of the football department Graham" 

"No" apparently was the response. That's just wrong

If that the case that doesnt bode well for things.

I would have thought he would have been leading the meeting rather than DL.

Listened to an old podcast recently where DL and Diamond were on a "Celtic State of Mind" with John Paul McBride (think thats his name) and he had a lot to say for himself then. 

Trying to remember when it was done - think it was early last season.

I said weeks ago that the run of games from Airdrie to QP (6 games) would be the test.  I thought we might get 3 points from those 6 games.

We overachieved in terms points v performances before then but now we are getting the points that the performances deserve (absolutely nothing).

That is us 4 games into that run of 6; 4 defeats, 0 points, 2 goals scored (both penalties) and 13 conceded.

I think we will now end up with 0 points from the next 2 games and then probably get beat off EF to give us a run of 7 games of defeats.

If that turns out to the case then regardless of what DL thinks then it will be time for him to go. 

6 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

I said weeks ago that the run of games from Airdrie to QP (6 games) would be the test.  I thought we might get 3 points from those 6 games.

We overachieved in terms points v performances before then but now we are getting the points that the performances deserve (absolutely nothing).

That is us 4 games into that run of 6; 4 defeats, 0 points, 2 goals scored (both penalties) and 13 conceded.

I think we will now end up with 0 points from the next 2 games and then probably get beat off EF to give us a run of 7 games of defeats.

If that turns out to the case then regardless of what DL thinks then it will be time for him to go. 

We haven't progressed since we were promoted that's enough time to Judge we have just got steadily worse time to bite the bullet now and hopefully salvage what we can we are heading for relegation anyway so may as well try and do something

At this stage we are as good as down. Our only hope is we can somehow be saved come January if we are still in it. Docherty coming out the blue to start today is buck wild. A manager completely throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. Hopefully a clear out coming and we can restart and rebuild in league two next year

15 minutes ago, DGW9 said:

We haven't progressed since we were promoted that's enough time to Judge we have just got steadily worse time to bite the bullet now and hopefully salvage what we can we are heading for relegation anyway so may as well try and do something

Yeah have said that as well before.

Each season since promotion we have got worse year on year.

Last season we just missed the playoffs with a goal with 10-15 minutes to go in the last game.

The quality of signings it was clear to see wasnt good enough from early on compared to what we lost last year so only logical conclusion is that we would be worse this year which we are.

However, there has been a steep drop off in performances this year that was evident from basically the cup games at the start of the season.  The game v Stranraer and v EK Thistle effectively showed me we were going to seriously struggle this year then the first game of the season v Dumbarton just confirmed things.

We have got lucky in a few games (v Montrose away) together with DGW bailing us out in a few games (v Alloa, Cove and QP at home) with some wonder goals but we stilll havent played well in any game at all this season.

21 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

Docherty coming out the blue to start today is buck wild. A manager completely throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

As said before it seems that DL just writes the players names on a piece of paper, tosses them up and see who comes down.

Docherty been no where near the squad for ages but comes in and starts today.  But to be fair to Docherty today I thought he actually done ok.

10 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

We were told on Tuesday that he knows when his time is up and he’ll go. I’ll put a fairly large sum down that we’ll limp on to a doing from Clydebank and that’ll be curtains there.

Peachy.

No sure that will be the end. The new chairman is a big fan o the manager.

Hes got a contract so if they were to pump him they need to pay him up. A new manager will want money for Janiary. We are skint according to everyone apart from an ex chairman who I hear said the directors canny believe whats in the bank.

24 minutes ago, DGW9 said:

That post match interview is interesting

We'll be ok as the ffort was better. Falkirk were crap apparently but took 3 off us.

Wisnae there but hearing Jones should not be allowed near the starting team again, Docherty done well and Paige was good.

Munroe needs hunting and Mortimer oan fur Munroe in last few minutes seemed a starnge choice.

Something needs doing. Anither forum to tell us how good the fitness coach and PJ are at there jobs?

last four games and no goals scored from open play and 13 let in. Apply this to remaining games and we are gone. Straigt gone. No playoffs.

By the way where wus Balatoni and Love? Same squad said the preview.....well it wasnt

We'll be ok as the ffort was better. Falkirk were crap apparently but took 3 off us.
Wisnae there but hearing Jones should not be allowed near the starting team again, Docherty done well and Paige was good.
Munroe needs hunting and Mortimer oan fur Munroe in last few minutes seemed a starnge choice.
Something needs doing. Anither forum to tell us how good the fitness coach and PJ are at there jobs?
last four games and no goals scored from open play and 13 let in. Apply this to remaining games and we are gone. Straigt gone. No playoffs.

By the way where wus Balatoni and Love? Same squad said the preview.....well it wasnt

Love was injured, as for balatoni as long as it’s far away from the first 11 then who cares.