Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

8 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Agree with everything you say

Anyone who was at the game tonight must agree that is the worst ever Clyde performance/result.  Certainly I can’t think of one worse in 40+ years

It isn’t just that we got beat from a team 2 leagues below.  They were absolutely hopeless, couldnt string 3 passes together and had a keeper about 5 stone overweight that must have missed about 5 crosses tonight

It is a pity that the best player I have seen in a Clyde shirt DGW will go down in history with the worst team i have seen.

I fully expect us to not just be relegated but be relegated by Feb

There has been nothing I have seen in the 7 competitive games to indicate otherwise

1 win out of 7 and we should have lost that

Unfortunately don’t see DL being still here by the end of the month

As pish as the team are, there’s no chance they’re the worst we’ve ever had. The teams under Miller and Chapman were far, far worse.

2 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

As pish as the team are, there’s no chance they’re the worst we’ve ever had. The teams under Miller and Chapman were far, far worse.

Agreed. The starting line-up last night was garbage but our first choice 11 are far from being the worst Clyde team I've ever seen imho.

On last night and this season in general, I'm loathe to blame Danny Lennon fully when we simply aren't aware of what's going on behind the scenes. As a fan owned club, every step of the recruitment process should be outlined to us by the salaried recruitment team. I get the feeling that Danny is putting on an extremely brave face at the moment and dishing out the 'great fans, great club' patter at every opportunity because it's the only way of appeasing us.

HOWEVER, he is still in charge of what's happening on the park. Playing Goodwillie left wing was crazy, Ally Love as a defensive midfielder equally so. I can understand Goodwillie playing deeper as a 10 if we had someone more effective that Robert Jones up front. Last night we showed the cup and Broomhill a huge amount of disrespect by playing a team nowhere near good enough and we got what we deserved.

I don't want Danny and Moorey to leave because I do really like them and their teams have given us some tremendous moments as fans but it really has gone stale, so maybe it is time for a change. With that in mind, I do not trust the current club set up to hire a manager at all so as it stands, I'd rather stick with what we've got.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

11 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

Jones is one of the most unintentionally hilarious footballers I have ever seen

What's amazing about the enigma that is Robert Jones is that the fans of the 4 senior clubs he's played for have all said stuff similar to this about him, yet 4 different managers of senior clubs have thought "he could be useful". There are times where I think I must be missing something and there are times when I think Scottish football managers really are just fucking winging it.

Lennon certainly isn’t blameless in this situation, but I really don’t think getting rid of him is the answer. Off the top of my head, I can’t think of any decent manager out of work just now that would a) touch us with a barge pole and b) improve our fortunes with that group of players. 

Yes, it’s Lennon’s squad and he should absolutely be taking some of the blame. The budget he has been given has been wasted on players that are nowhere near good enough and that’s on him. However, I agree with the above - we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes, and if you contrast the feeling around the club just now with the promotion season (or even our first season in L1) there has clearly been a monumental shift.

Unbelievably frustrating yet entirely predictable that we’ve ended up a complete mess again after a short period of success. I really fear for us in the next few years. We seem to be standing still while teams around us move forward. When we first went down to the 3rd Division in 2010 we could just about afford to fanny about until we got our house in order, but that’s no longer the case. Something needs to change pronto. 

Edited by ScottR96

24 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What's amazing about the enigma that is Robert Jones is that the fans of the 4 senior clubs he's played for have all said stuff similar to this about him, yet 4 different managers of senior clubs have thought "he could be useful". There are times where I think I must be missing something and there are times when I think Scottish football managers really are just fucking winging it.

"Plan B".

30 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

To be bluntly honest, he's been our best signing so far in terms of contribution which probably tells you all you need to know about our recruitment this year. 

Despite his horror moment last night, he won a penalty v Killie by being a presence, scored a neat goal v EK, set up Ally Love at Morton and came on and made an impact at Montrose, scoring to get us back into the game. I could rhyme off an endless list of strikers we've had in my time supporting Clyde who have done nowhere near that amount in their first few appearances. Having said that though, he will still give us more frustrating moments than good ones over the course.

If we didn't already know - Mortimer, Docherty, Andrew and McGrath (although I'm inclined to give him more of a chance as I don't think he's a winger?) are absolutely miles away from it. You'd think a cup tie against a team 2 divisions below us would be a game they might look half decent in but nah. 

5 centre mids in the line-up on Saturday then 1 centre mid in the line up last night. It's if Lennon's flinging mud at the wall hoping something will stick. Love in the role he was in last night was just utterly bizarre, and the player himself must be starting to get frustrated at the amount of different positions he's being asked to play. 

At least the new centre back didn't do anything spectacularly bad, although I'll reserve proper judgement on him until he's tested. 

Edited by C. Muir

30 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Basically it’s incredibly lazy; he is big so might be useful, really does my head in!

If only David Goodwillie was 6ft 3” he’d score more goals!! 

The recruitment dept😂 should be questioned it’s totally unacceptable. Can the Podcast boys get them on? I won’t hold my breath waiting for Diamond and Corr agreeing to come on and answer questions!!

4 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

To be bluntly honest, he's been our best signing so far in terms of contribution which probably tells you all you need to know about our recruitment this year. 

Despite his horror moment last night, he won a penalty v Killie by being a presence, scored a neat goal v EK, set up Ally Love at Morton and came on and made an impact at Montrose, scoring to get us back into the game. I could rhyme off an endless list of strikers we've had in my time supporting Clyde who have done nowhere near that amount in their first few appearances. Having said that though, he will still give us more frustrating moments than good ones over the course.

If we didn't already know - Mortimer, Docherty, Andrew and McGrath (although I'm inclined to give him more of a chance as I don't think he's a winger?) are absolutely miles away from it. You'd think a cup tie against a team 2 divisions below us would be a game they might look half decent in but nah. 

5 centre mids in the line-up on Saturday then 1 centre mid in the line up last night. It's if Lennon's flinging mud at the wall hoping something will stick. Love in the role he was in last night was just utterly bizarre, and the player himself must be starting to get frustrated at the amount of different positions he's being asked to play. 

At least the new centre back didn't do anything spectacularly bad, although I'll reserve proper judgement on him until he's tested. 

Fair points, he's certainly done more for Clyde then than he ever did for us. 2 good games across 2 seasons. 

Ally Love has a different frustration after last night I'm told - he's away for a scan on his knee and could be out for a few weeks. 

50 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Fair points, he's certainly done more for Clyde then than he ever did for us. 2 good games across 2 seasons. 

Ally Love has a different frustration after last night I'm told - he's away for a scan on his knee and could be out for a few weeks. 

He did pick up an injury in the first half and was hobbling about wasn't seen to by the physio that I could see and played the full 90

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

there are times when I think Scottish football managers really are just fucking winging it.

100%.

If we wanted a big striker to offer something different, the recruitment team should have identified Russell MacLean as the one. He's based in Falkirk and was available for transfer so you'd think a perfect situation to get him in, but he went to Peterhead. The reasons he went there wont ONLY be financial although that will have been a big part, but it's the recruitment teams job to actively recruit, and convince players like that that Clyde are a club worth joining.

Danny still wanted to try the Plan B, and has signed Robert Jones because he's big and probably cheap instead of someone who could actually do the job. He's winged it and we've been stung.

Russell MacLean scored four more goals last season that Robert Jones has scored in his entire professional career until he joined Clyde. Because of rubbish recruitment we've been left with a player who will be largely ineffective because Danny had a whim that he wanted to try something different. Admittedly as outlined above, he's done a few bits warranting a stay of execution but going by last night and the first half of the Dumbarton game the experiment is not paying off.

Basically it’s incredibly lazy; he is big so might be useful, really does my head in!
If only David Goodwillie was 6ft 3” he’d score more goals!! 

The recruitment dept[emoji23] should be questioned it’s totally unacceptable. Can the Podcast boys get them on? I won’t hold my breath waiting for Diamond and Corr agreeing to come on and answer questions!!
More than happy to ask if they would be willing to come on. Hoping to get board members on to for Q&A sessions, had been hoping to do this in late June but I...well...forgot [emoji38]

Edited to add : Someone is going to ask on Saturday for me.

What’s more the  whole club; players, staff and board should me made sit down and read every Tweet, forum post and newspaper report tonight at training!!

It’s embarrassing and although they may well be feeling some pain I’m sure it not as much as the well deserved slagging we have all had at work today.

Enough is enough!! Sort this while we still have some time!

12 hours ago, Clydeside said:

This beautiful game never ceases to amaze me.

We should run off a batch of t-shirts for the club shop with this quote emblazoned across the front. Perhaps substitute "This beautiful game" with "Clyde FC" though. I'd buy it.