Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

It is my understanding that The Glasgow Branch sought representation on the Board ,their request being denied.
Worth pointing out all but one Board member ARE Clyde supporters.
Is there a reason they didn't propose a candidate at the AGM?

Whilst I agree there are issues with the board,  I do actually appreciate all the time and effort they put in. The long term off the field issues are relevant of course it is, however…

My grip is with the situation the team is currently in, yes board lead on the wider running of the club, however the performance of the “football operations “ of out club is ill and may be terminal.. these people are salaried and as such have a responsibility to tell us their strategy on recruitment and team development. 

Therfore; Mr Diamond and your team please step forward and defend your recruitment. 
defend the fact that it has been an abysmal failure. 
Have you thrown The manager and his assistant under a bus? If not come out and tell us. As I said before if there are deeper financial or other issues that are restricting recruitment then again tell us, we might accept this a little easier in that case.

In your defence I assume you didn’t pick the starting LB on Saturday nor did you make the outrageous decision to play our best attacking player completely out of position.. that’s for Danny’s to try and explain. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

We continue to push the board on this issue and continuously get ignored or palmed off...until they come crawling to us for money. Again.

Our club is in danger on and off the park due to the current board.

Haufdaft that is a very good question.I know a number of their members post on this Board maybe they can answer.

I think fan representation is a slightly odd issue for a membership structure, for all the flaws that entails.

I think it should be more looked at as adding the position of Communications Director to the board, which has a similar end effect. They would then have an additional person who is not allowed to take on any other odd jobs aside from attending board meetings, staying up to date with the other board members actions, reporting back to fans and improving posting on the website & social media. That would include communication to both CIC members and non-members wherever possible.

For all people will defend/refuse to criticise the board, nobody can claim their current communication is at an acceptable level.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

4 hours ago, Harry Haddock said:

It is my understanding that The Glasgow Branch sought representation on the Board ,their request being denied.

Worth pointing out all but one Board member ARE Clyde supporters.

Glasgow branch are a complete joke and a complete embarrassment to the club. I wonder what reprobate they would suggest? CRINGE!!! CRINGE!!! CRINGE!!! At the very thought.

Glasgow branch are a complete joke and a complete embarrassment to the club. I wonder what reprobate they would suggest? CRINGE!!! CRINGE!!! CRINGE!!! At the very thought.
Nice to see unnamed board members finally making an appearance on this forum and interacting with fans eh...

4 hours ago, WhiteCollarClyde said:
13 hours ago, salute said:

Nice to see unnamed board members finally making an appearance on this forum and interacting with fans eh...

I think the -39 score tells you the tactics with posting. Best ignored.

We are 1 game into the season…..give DL a break just now….we don’t need hysterics.
Plus 4 League Cup games.

Including being outplayed at home by League Two team and drawing with a Lowland League team.

And I'm not even mentioning last season

30 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Plus 4 League Cup games.

Including being outplayed at home by League Two team and drawing with a Lowland League team.

And I'm not even mentioning last season

Or actually witnessing last Saturday and the players that are actually starting let alone the fact that just should not be anywhere near the club.. it’s an utter shambles!

I would just love to know what actually goes into recruiting a player… The recruitment team in the last few seasons have been absolutely shocking, idk how they’re still in a job. It’s like every year with the exception of a few signings we’re constantly picking from the bottom of the barrel and it’s showing in the results 

1 minute ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

I would just love to know what actually goes into recruiting a player… The recruitment team in the last few seasons have been absolutely shocking, idk how they’re still in a job. It’s like every year with the exception of a few signings we’re constantly picking from the bottom of the barrel and it’s showing in the results 

It comes down to what you can afford to pay.

I heard that Danny didnt get any of his first 12 signing targets and if that is the case then probably explains why the squad so poor.

2 hours ago, clydenil said:

We are 1 game into the season…..give DL a break just now….we don’t need hysterics.

Have you seen any games this season or last season?????

We were bad enough last year but are worse this year.

Outplayed by Stranraer who should have easily won, not able to beat a lowland league team and two defeats against championship sides which is to be expected I suppose.

The least said about Saturday the better.

On 03/08/2021 at 00:05, salute said:

That's a fuckn disgraceful statement - I'm not a member of the Glasgow Branch, but I know some of the lads and many have followed the club they love since our Shawfield days, the branch (like many of us) dig deep into our pockets when possible for very little return, your comment comes across as bitter and childish, we all know where the GB congregate within the stand, maybe best you make your statement in person if you feel so strongly apposed to them ?