Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 hour ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Anyone know what’s happening with that trialist midfielder we’ve had in the team the last few games ? Boy looks some player so can’t understand why we haven’t signed him yet 

Believe we've got a friendly against Rangers B on Saturday so perhaps using that for one final look? Not that I think we need to, agree he looks a good find. 

46 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Syvertsen joining Dumbarton. A player that's definitely going to come back and haunt us after being injured for 2 years :lol: 

He’ll do his usual play a handful of games then get injured and be out for the rest of the season. The boys made of Lego 😂.

2 hours ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Anyone know what’s happening with that trialist midfielder we’ve had in the team the last few games ? Boy looks some player so can’t understand why we haven’t signed him yet 

Wonder if we've blown the player budget and that's why we can't easily sign him.  We kinda signed unseen a decent number of the new lads.

Hope I'm wrong 

30 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Wonder if we've blown the player budget and that's why we can't easily sign him.  We kinda signed unseen a decent number of the new lads.

Hope I'm wrong 

Yeah wouldn’t be surprised, if that is the case I’d happily release that Docherty and sign him instead. From what I’ve seen Docherty shouldn’t be anywhere near this team, I’d rather have McNiff back 

Happily I think we can be quite sure that Kennedy wouldn't underwhelm in the way that Jay Lang and Gary Arbuckle did. While both of those players showed up quite well in their trial matches, very memorably, they also let on to us that they had the habit of holding onto the ball for a lot longer than really good players would. And despite picking some great passes against Thistle, as I remember that match, Lang looked nothing like mobile enough to play in the centre of midfield.

I shudder to remember that Thistle friendly actually. Although we won it, it marked the beginning of a period where we often accepted as 'good' players who were decidedly 'bad'. Fast forward a year or two and we were putting players like John Sweeney on a pedestal. He was another one, along with Murray Henderson and a few others, who you could tell on a single showing to be below par. I think we played Ross County away in our first friendly under Millar and it was clear even then that we were in for a long season. About the worst in our history as it happened.

The matches Kennedy played in had some tempo to them and were played against teams with a good number of players with something to prove. There were far fewer trialists and brand new signings with something to prove playing against us in the friendlies that Lang and Arbuckle were involved in. You could see in Kennedy that he instinctively moved the ball quickly and forward where possible. He wasn't slow. He's got decent stature. We could be wrong about him, but it's a lot less likely I think.

Like everyone else I hope he signs. I understand he has been with squad post Airdrie so we live in hope.