Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

It all seems a bit quiet. Are we even back training yet or are they not bothering until we have players?
Got a 5 a side pitch booked out at Broadwood.

Now the distraction of Scotland is out the way its back to despairing over the lack of our signings, great stuff.

My abiding memory of Billy Mortimer in QP fans' estimations is that he was initially a striker, often shunted out to the wing and occasionally filling in at right back, whose main attributes were pace, work ethic and having progressed through the QP youth system. If I'm not mistaken, he split opinion quite a lot during his time there. Good luck to him as always and I hope he is a roaring success with Clyde, but if we are scraping around the Lowland League for this kind of player already then it's going to be a very long old season.

Oh dear 

Not in a mocking way but if that’s the standard of player Clyde are going for this season then they’re in serious bother.

Mortimer came through our youth ranks and for about 4 seasons was played as a striker and I think it took around his 70th game to score a deflected goal against Albion Rovers. 

Was deployed to right back by Mark Roberts and seemed slightly more of league 2 footballer, showing bundles of energy and enthusiasm but in reality his crossing, end product and defensive awareness was suspect at the best of times 

Was swiftly punted by McKinnon after a horror show against Albion rovers and was released the week after. I’d say if a middle of the range league 2 side had signed Mortimer then i wouldn’t worry too much but I’m astonished he’s found a league 1 team 

Good luck to him though, he never hid throughout games and can run all day 

I wouldn't go straight to pessimism on this one despite the conflicting accounts given by QP supporters. We've signed an athletic player for the right hand side. He's a good height. He's got a decent engine. He can play as a defender, wing-back or midfielder. If the worst accounts are true and he's not the most polished or defensively aware player, well, he's had a season or two to work on that. The hope has to be that we're getting back the same, good raw materials but with a bit more refinement and experience as a defender.

We'll see I suppose.

Edited by Clydeside