Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

5 hours ago, Jack Burton said:
9 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:
Dumbarton and Partick are sending their groundsmen up this week to provide advice on how to get the game on. 

Keith will be the 3rd team to shite it from playing Clyde.

More and more teams just dont want to be near Racist Rapist FC.

6 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

That patter wasn’t funny the first six times, either, ya soap dodging weapon.

Ah but Racism and Rape isnt a funny matter, is it? But you make light of employing one of each. Soap dodging. You have us mixed up with your pals at Celtic FC. Remember, we are the West End Luvvies.

9 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Ah but Racism and Rape isnt a funny matter, is it? But you make light of employing one of each. Soap dodging. You have us mixed up with your pals at Celtic FC. Remember, we are the West End Luvvies.

gartnavel royal closed then.

Another Rangers kid in - midfielder Jack Thomson - on loan. He’s described as ‘combative’ on the Rangers website so there’s that. 

Amazing how we have these links to Celtic with Diamond and then sign half of Rangers’ youth team. Not convinced another young player is what we need but not sure what other options we have.

Recently we've a pretty poor record of taking youths on loan that impressed.

I can only think of Waddell, Gourley, Cogill and Banks.

The latter two, even though they made a significant contribution, spent a lot of their time on our bench.

Have I missed any?

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Recently we've a pretty poor record of taking youths on loan that impressed.

I can only think of Waddell, Gourley, Cogill and Banks.

The latter two, even though they made a significant contribution, spent a lot of their time on our bench.

Have I missed any?

Lamont was on loan, albeit not utilised at all until mid January.

How far back are we going? Scott McMann was excellent although unfortunately injured for most of his spell. The same with Craig Halkett. Duffy had a few decent centre halves (Fordyce, Lamie) and goalies (Feely, Mentel), though I'm not sure how old they were at the time we signed them.

I would agree the list of players that I've not named is far greater than that and contains some players that clearly weren't good enough, or grown-up enough, to play.

Not technically a loan, but the mere mention Celtic and Scotland youth player Jack Breslin makes me shudder.

I do agree that we have had a poor record in getting good loan players through the door compared to other clubs in the same divisions as us. Montrose are a good example, they always seem to have two or three loanees that make a real difference to their team.