Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Think the board have done Danny dirty here. A nice new contract last year and absolutely zilch to spend this year. I appreciate that spending money on haddies like Wallace, Rumsby and Johnston lie with him but this year we have a squad reflective of where we are off the park. Being quite so skint is absolutely embarrassing given we drew Celtic in the cup and had two big crowds against Falkirk last year.

22 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

This squad isn't even good enough for league 2. Utter pish

Good enough: Mitchell, Lang, Goodwillie, Syvertsen and Cunningham. 

Not good enough: McNiff, Rumsby, Shiels, Cuddihy, Jack, Robertson, Henderson, Love, Nicoll, Johnston, Vajs (though he's a back-up 'keeper, who are normally rotten). You can maybe carry one or two (a Cuddihy, McNiff or Love) but not one of them would be getting snapped up by any other team in this league. I also think Lamont is firmly trending this way.

Jury still out: Bain, Howie (there must be a reason we never see him at centre half), Palmer.

25 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Think the board have done Danny dirty here. A nice new contract last year and absolutely zilch to spend this year. I appreciate that spending money on haddies like Wallace, Rumsby and Johnston lie with him but this year we have a squad reflective of where we are off the park. Being quite so skint is absolutely embarrassing given we drew Celtic in the cup and had two big crowds against Falkirk last year.

The simple fact is that this is our ceiling until something pretty drastic happens, there's no getting around that. The same problems persist in that we cannot organically grow the club without any assets or real means of income generation, and we seem to perpetually end up with bizarre decisions being made at board level. An accountant-by-trade as chairman overseeing us racking up a £170k debt to get promotion from the 4th (fourth) tier, knowing fine well that only a plum draw would end up clearing it (and we can only thank god that we drew Celtic, because where on earth would we be now if we hadn't?). Genuinely perplexing stuff, and I'm pretty sure that Danny will have been made aware of the general situation around the club and its spending on a continuous basis. DL will be picking up a pretty hefty wage from us at this point I'd imagine and, while he is in most respects completely worth it, he's ultimately making a good living from the club and isn't doing us any favours by being here.

11 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

The simple fact is that this is our ceiling until something pretty drastic happens, there's no getting around that. The same problems persist in that we cannot organically grow the club without any assets or real means of income generation, and we seem to perpetually end up with bizarre decisions being made at board level. An accountant-by-trade as chairman overseeing us racking up a £170k debt to get promotion from the 4th (fourth) tier, knowing fine well that only a plum draw would end up clearing it (and we can only thank god that we drew Celtic, because where on earth would we be now if we hadn't?). Genuinely perplexing stuff, and I'm pretty sure that Danny will have been made aware of the general situation around the club and its spending on a continuous basis. DL will be picking up a pretty hefty wage from us at this point I'd imagine and, while he is in most respects completely worth it, he's ultimately making a good living from the club and isn't doing us any favours by being here.

So. In their panic to keep him from Thistle , Lennon extracted a hefty wage from you and left you potless? Seems fair.

Guest andyp1301

What’s the solution then? Danny to leave? Would take Mitchell, Goodie and if he could Lang with him.

Loads  off the weekly wage bill and our sporting director steps in as manager by default (didn’t get anywhere when he applied twice previously).

back to League 2 before you know it and told lucky to have a club to support in these tough times.

but woohoo the wage bill is manageable again and the risk averse people who are in control (wonder who they really are????) will be happy.

the miserly budget this year is really starting to show itself to be our biggest enemy

35 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:

What’s the solution then? Danny to leave? Would take Mitchell, Goodie and if he could Lang with him.

Loads  off the weekly wage bill and our sporting director steps in as manager by default (didn’t get anywhere when he applied twice previously).

back to League 2 before you know it and told lucky to have a club to support in these tough times.

but woohoo the wage bill is manageable again and the risk averse people who are in control (wonder who they really are????) will be happy.

the miserly budget this year is really starting to show itself to be our biggest enemy

I have said before it is a league 2 squad with 3 stonewall exceptions.

Queens Park will come up next summer and League 1 will toughen up further. We have regressed on last season. Maybe the young lads will come good over the season?

Can’t see us getting much change out of Cove or the next 3 fixtures for that matter.

It's fine, once a few business deals are tied up in Brazil I'm sure we will embark on a wild spending spree in January

Guest andyp1301
49 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:
6 hours ago, andyp1301 said:

It's fine, once a few business deals are tied up in Brazil I'm sure we will embark on a wild spending spree in January

No idea what's going on but I fear there's a village missing an idiot. Just been added on Facebook and invited to share my mobile number for a "chat" regarding a post I supposedly made. Funnily enough it turns out he's got the wrong guy. 

Out of common decency I'll not say who it is, but just be aware that any posts made re Clyde on here may lead to a part time Poirot taking the huff and seeking you out. 😂😂😂

32 minutes ago, maccanee said:

No idea what's going on but I fear there's a village missing an idiot. Just been added on Facebook and invited to share my mobile number for a "chat" regarding a post I supposedly made. Funnily enough it turns out he's got the wrong guy. 

Out of common decency I'll not say who it is, but just be aware that any posts made re Clyde on here may lead to a part time Poirot taking the huff and seeking you out. 😂😂😂

That'll no doubt be the creepy time waster from Thomas the Tank 😂😂

Plenty of web sites for guys to met up , hook up & swap numbera and so on...

Neva had P&B as one of them....

Yer Mithers "pride" indeed[emoji2380][emoji8]

With your experience, would you recommend Grindr for such purposes?

“Demand a Milanda”