Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

13 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

Well that’s a lie isn’t it? He was finally dropped near the tail end of the season once Hall was up to speed. He was also the only CB released.

I take it you weren't too impressed by him then... 

You can't knock the fact that Buchanan was a fan, captain and loved playing for the club. Sadly he just didn't have the ability to go with it.  We might have had the best defence in the league but that was also partly down to the level of opposition we faced each week. He was all over the place at times and it's no coincidence Durnan's ( who incidentally was made the scapegoat at times for us conceding goals ) form improved markedly without Buchanan beside him. If he'd walk into your team your defence must be rank rotten. 

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

You can't knock the fact that Buchanan was a fan, captain and loved playing for the club. Sadly he just didn't have the ability to go with it.  We might have had the best defence in the league but that was also partly down to the level of opposition we faced each week. He was all over the place at times and it's no coincidence Durnan's ( who incidentally was made the scapegoat at times for us conceding goals ) form improved markedly without Buchanan beside him. If he'd walk into your team your defence must be rank rotten. 

I thought Buchanan was a Clyde fan when he ballooned a 1-on-1 over the bar from about 5 yards out at TFS.

2 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Disappointing but expected he would leave was surprised he stayed on last season. Think I'm right in saying we will be due a development fee for him assuming we offered him the same terms as last season.

Don't think so; I think that clause lapses at the end of the season when they turn 23 (namely this season in his case).

2 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Take it this is Raymond Grant. Looked a cracking player and will be very tough to replace. Expect him to roll up at Qu££n'$ Park.

Certainly who I’d assume he’ll end up at. Full- time and his brother plays there. Whilst I’d like to say I’d be disappointed at him dropping down a league, playing full-time with his brother (who’s his best pal) sounds hard for him to turn down.

2 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Certainly who I’d assume he’ll end up at. Full- time and his brother plays there. Whilst I’d like to say I’d be disappointed at him dropping down a league, playing full-time with his brother (who’s his best pal) sounds hard for him to turn down.

Yep. More than likely he'll be back in this league in a year's time anyway.

A massive loss. The guy is incredible, our best midfielder since Bryson. 

Gutted to see him go but can only thank him for what he’s done for us in last couple of seasons. It was a joy to watch him every week & wish him all the best. Really nice guy off the park too so no hard feelings. Hope he goes on to have a great career & does what is best for him, he’s certainly got the ability to play at the top. 

If rumours are true that he’s off to QP it would be slightly frustrating that it’s a step down in terms of leagues but if it’s full time given the ambition & location I can understand it. Would rather see him move up a league or two mind you. 

In saying all of that Clyde is obviously the priority so we need to find a replacement & try to improve on the midfield we had last season. A tough job for the management team but with season still a few months away I believe we’ll have a decent team in place to compete for places in the top half of the league.