Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Definite resign for me, but I can understand if not given he was out all season. He was looking good before some QP clogger kicked him (at least that’s how I remember it).

ETA: His ability would definitely have helped us last season. He’s still at uni here so I don’t think he’d be on a huge wage.

Edited by Scott-Replay

6 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

What's everyones thoughts on Syversten? Resign or release?

I'd keep him. He definitely has plenty to offer going forward. It's just a shame a Queens Park hammer thrower ruined his season last season.

I’d release him hardly played since he’s been here. Can’t afford to waste any money on someone so injury prone especially in these times.

30 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

I’d release him hardly played since he’s been here. Can’t afford to waste any money on someone so injury prone especially in these times.

There's a difference between a player having a long term injury and being injury prone.

If he's going to be fit for the start of the season I'd hope we can give him another chance. In the little we saw just before his injury, it did seem he'd been working on his weaknesses, namely strength, holding the ball up and playing with his back to goal.

We didn't get a chance to see if it would really make a difference to his game but he certainly seemed intelligent enough to know what to work on.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

I’d keep him personally, I thought the tail end of the promotion season and the start of last he was in good form and was chipping in with some goals. Shame the injury ruined his season. Definitely think his ability to run at defenders and getting a ball in is something we missed a bit. 

Tough season ahead again. Huge reliance on Goodwillie and no Tom Lang to steady the ship at the back. Big chance for Lamonty and Mcstay though this season.

Cove will be a huge upgrade on Stranraer that is for sure.

13 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

Tough season ahead again. Huge reliance on Goodwillie and no Tom Lang to steady the ship at the back. Big chance for Lamonty and Mcstay though this season.

I can see Cove finishing in the top 4.

42 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

We've only got 10 players signed up so far. I'd wait and see how the rest of the signings go before before deciding how tough a season it will be.

There's plenty of time yet.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

I wouldn’t keep Syvertsen unless it’s on peanuts or pay as you play, we can’t afford injured passengers. 

Also can’t fall into the trap of signing players who have done an alright job in the past, we need improved quality (not easy I know) but that is what Lennon and Moore are payed to do. 

To be honest Love and Lamont should be the last to sign from last year, anyone from now on has to be an improvement on those already there. (Obviously not the case in Goodwillie or Mitchell as improvement on these two is impossible at our level) we are fortunate to have them we know that.

Proper playmaker midfielder who imposes himself on the game in an attacking sense, Left back CH and support for Goodie is minimal. Ironically exactly the same as last year! Livingstone would be welcomed back that would be a start.

6 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I wouldn’t keep Syvertsen unless it’s on peanuts or pay as you play, we can’t afford injured passengers. 

Also can’t fall into the trap of signing players who have done an alright job in the past, we need improved quality (not easy I know) but that is what Lennon and Moore are payed to do. 

To be honest Love and Lamont should be the last to sign from last year, anyone from now on has to be an improvement on those already there. (Obviously not the case in Goodwillie or Mitchell as improvement on these two is impossible at our level) we are fortunate to have them we know that.

Proper playmaker midfielder who imposes himself on the game in an attacking sense, Left back CH and support for Goodie is minimal. Ironically exactly the same as last year! Livingstone would be welcomed back that would be a start.

Surely you would like to see Ray Grant signing on?

12 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

We've only got 10 players signed up so far. I'd wait and see how the rest of the signings go before before deciding how tough a season it will be.

There's plenty of time yet.

Of course I hope to be proven wrong.

However the rhetoric coming from the club in conjunction with where we are. Suggests to me unless we recruit significantly better than we did last summer we will struggle.

1 hour ago, TheBigGuy said:

Of course I hope to be proven wrong.

However the rhetoric coming from the club in conjunction with where we are. Suggests to me unless we recruit significantly better than we did last summer we will struggle.

Sad truth is that the past several close season signings have been generally poor to embarrassing. Guys who never kicked a ball, those who didn't make it beyond pre season kid-on-cups and some who looked out of place and were let go of before or at the end of the term.

I'd love to believe that the shake down that has hit Scottish Football will mean that us AND other teams in our mini league, will have some decent quality to choose from. Having yer man Diamond to work with Danny to act as a critical pal, will hopefully improve our ability to track decent prospects.

Edited by Bully Wee Clyde FC

Assuming it’s just Grant, McStay and Syversten left from last seasons squad who haven’t been released or signed new deals yet. If all 3 sign up then that’s 13 players signed for next season. Ideally what positions would you be hoping we could improve on? Still waiting for a striker to help Goody out as well as a proper left back, Wouldn’t mind seeing Livingstone coming back. A proper centre half to cover the gap left by Lang would be much needed as well.

Happy with Lamont & Love 👏🏼 would love to have Grant signed up best player last season other than Goody but I think if rumours are true about QP could be hard to turn down full time football and a chance to play along side his brother (best friends)

Would rather have Norway and McStay signed then not but I’m not that fussed about them personally, McStay so inconsistent more bad games then good for me.

1 hour ago, Bridgeton Clyde Boy said:

Happy with Lamont & Love 👏🏼 would love to have Grant signed up best player last season other than Goody but I think if rumours are true about QP could be hard to turn down full time football and a chance to play along side his brother (best friends)

Would rather have Norway and McStay signed then not but I’m not that fussed about them personally, McStay so inconsistent more bad games then good for me.

I’m a bit behind with this rumour, whereabouts was it mentioned that Grant was linked with QP ?

Cant say I know too much about him other than him being Peter Grant’s brother. Seems like he’s highly rated so here’s hoping he joins