Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

6 minutes ago, clyde_r_us said:

I am an owner !!!The

Sorry, didn't realise that.

All the more reason to make direct contact with a Director for frank discussion.

As an owner you will already understand the need for discretion on public forums.

Edited by LiviClyde

8 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

It’s £5 for Arria Lounge admission on match day, or £40 for a Clyde membership, which seem to be the only two options of granting the luxury of basic information.

Otherwise, the rest of us just have to keep pouring our money in every weekend and not even think about asking any questions 🤫 It’s obviously much healthier to have a rumour mill constantly churning away.

And people honestly wonder why the mood surrounding the club has plummeted in the last two months...

As if you lack the means of finding anything out!! 

Life's a game of why you know, who you know. Some are good at it. Others.....

44 minutes ago, LiviClyde said:

I think it is both acceptable and appropriate that the Club's internal affairs are not bandied around a public forum.

I have no doubts that most genuinely interested serious fans will have access to the main issues through contacts without the need to post them on forums like this. 

Of course the point of ownership/membership is to give fans the chance/right to have a say and vote in the running of the Club and it is open to all fans at a ridiculously affordable annual membership.

I'll say one last time that I genuinely don't understand the reluctance of serious fans to join.

Agreed. I'd have quoted the previous post, but there's a virulent non-truth in it. 

The uptake of this facility is pathetic, frankly. Given the list of extremes the club's endured lately (and i mean the decade), it seems to serve as another chip for many to balance on the shoulder. Its almost as if the vast, vast majority just don't care. Whatever views one may have of the structure/personnel, its really very simple to get not even involved, but merely cast an eye over.

Why would the club publicly announce an AGM and then follow it up with absolute silence? As there are obviously serious issues afoot, why would they not simply embrace transparency and communicate unfolding events as a matter of urgency, through the correct medium, in order to gain valuable trust and outline the process of rectifying the situation in a timely manner?

We have already caught the gist of proceedings on this very platform in any case, from individuals who somehow think it helpful to declare that there is indeed cause for worry but who are also unwilling to discuss it at any length, leading to speculation and festering concern. Like others have already pointed out, it is an insult to have the beggar bowl constantly rattled in our face without so much as a hint as to why it is required or what it is helping to alleviate.

And how difficult is it really to provide the fan base as a whole with some basic information from time to time? Take player fitness for example! Everyone has their reservations about our squad depth and the direct impact it has been having on our performances of late, and are eager for any updates. Rankin has been out since the last campaign, Syvertsen from pre-season and Fitzpatrick for a good few months now, yet not a peep has been heard on their injury severity, progress or anticipated returns. This is not exactly sensitive information or difficult to communicate via the website.

Something seriously needs to change here, as a lot of people are rightly getting pissed off with constantly being left out of the loop and made to feel like this is somehow their fault.
I would freak if East Fife announced the AGM details on a public forum.
Where's the need, if you get a membership that allows you to go then get it if your bothered, only £40 seems reasonable too.

Why would the club say if they were swimming in debt or swimming in profit to anyone other than who needs to know. Keep it to yourselves and if your still interested give the club a visit, or call and ask for the minutes of the meeting. At very least you will get the minutes from the second last one as they would have been presented and approved. [emoji106]

My point wasn't at just you people were saying about there being no talk of what happened you just happened to be at the bottom of the conversation.

All I was meaning is I want no details of our AGM posted and I doubt you guys would want it out too. I also believe if you ask for details you will be given them but it's not your place to also out this online or anywhere of what's going on.

I don't think the club does a great job of keeping fans informed in general. The only correspondence you get from the mailing list is asking for money and the monthly club insight, on the Web site, has been updated once this year.

You shouldn't have to pay a £5 to get in the Arrira lounge or speak to someone "in the know" at games to be kept up to date. There has been nothing about Syvertsen, Rankin for months now on the pre-game reports.

The directors do a thankless task but we do seem to constantly have some f**k-up going in the background. In the last 2 years we've had Chapman taking the club to an employment tribunal, the registration farce and points discussion and now the latest issue. The only new blood at director position was Norrie Inness who quickly went from chairman to director to out the door.

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

I don't think the club does a great job of keeping fans informed in general. The only correspondence you get from the mailing list is asking for money and the monthly club insight, on the Web site, has been updated once this year.

You shouldn't have to pay a £5 to get in the Arrira lounge or speak to someone "in the know" at games to be kept up to date. There has been nothing about Syvertsen, Rankin for months now on the pre-game reports.

The directors do a thankless task but we do seem to constantly have some f**k-up going in the background. In the last 2 years we've had Chapman taking the club to an employment tribunal, the registration farce and points discussion and now the latest issue. The only new blood at director position was Norrie Inness who quickly went from chairman to director to out the door.

There was a reason why he left so soon.

51 minutes ago, David W said:

EMA-EINWkAYKbt-.jpgPlaying a stronger team tonight than the Thistle game.

Wow 6/11 pretty regular 1st XI!  Nice to see our former captain and loyal servant Ross Mcfarlane no 15 turning out for the 'amateurs'. 

Hope this is not part of some claim-direct scheme to claim retrospective underpayment, like the council!

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Wow 6/11 pretty regular 1st XI!  Nice to see our former captain and loyal servant Ross Mcfarlane no 15 turning out for the 'amateurs'. 

Hope this is not part of some claim-direct scheme to claim retrospective underpayment, like the council!

Do not remember Ross McFarlane at all. I'm guessing he's one of the 600 players we had over the past 10 years in League 2?!