Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Maybe [mention=1592]CK[/mention] will be able to confirm but Lennon is surely the oldest ever player to make an appearance for Clyde? He must be registered as a player if he wasn't down as a trialist?
As for the game itself, a good win against a team with a few players who have played for the Celtic first team. Every one of their players would walk straight into our starting XI tbh. They were quick, great on the ball and passed us off the park at times but they can't defend. Our first two goals came from headers that should never really have resulted in goals. The third was an o.g, outstanding work from Lamont who sprinted about 50 yards to win the ball back and get us forward. His ball for Smith (and Lennon making a run!) was poor but he was absolutely knackered and got a bit of luck with the Celtic defender sliding it in the net. 
Lyon did a decent enough job at right back when Cuddihy went off (he didn't look pleased at all), Lamont and Love worked their socks off as usual, Howie looked a lot better too. 

I'm missing a fair few dates of birth particularly in the 19th and early 20th century but would be shocked if we've ever fielded anyone older.

We lined up with three centre-backs tonight, Rumsby in the middle of Howie and McNiff. Cuddihy and Allison as wing backs. McStay as a holding midfielder and Love, Wallace and Johnston all inter changing and supporting Smith. Lyon came on for Cuddihy a few minutes before the break and Lamont for Wallace at HT.

Celtic were fit and very quick coming forward but our defending in and around the box was better then what it has been recently. They lacked a cutting edge but their build up play and passing was good. After getting the second we sat back a bit and it became a 541. They started to get more space in the wide areas as the game progressed but Allison did well for the most part aided by Love (bar an obvious push for their penalty), until they began to tire. Smith was isolated for most of the second half but put in a good shift and was unlucky not to score twice. McStay more like his old self. McGee let an early cross slip through his hands but was otherwise solid, and made a couple of really good saves near the end. Lennon then strolled through the last few minutes.

A decent workout overall.

12 hours ago, David W said:

They've done themselves out of £15 as three of us would have gone if we had known it wasn't going to be a kids team we had out.

https://www.glasgowfa.co.uk/pdf/gc_rules_2019.pdf

Going by the rules here we need to play at least 6 first team players in each game

I work with one of your players fathers, he was saying yesterday how the whole first team had been told to report for the game last night as Lennon wasn't happy with their efforts in Saturday's league match. I suspect him throwing himself on is to prove a wee point.

Wouldn't be surprised that it was to prove a point, but we did have a few carrying knocks and injuries hence the sparse bench.  All the first team were out doing some form of fitness work at the side and one of two sat out altogether.  

Two of our subs last night had a combined age of 91.  

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I work with one of your players fathers, he was saying yesterday how the whole first team had been told to report for the game last night as Lennon wasn't happy with their efforts in Saturday's league match. I suspect him throwing himself on is to prove a wee point.

Worrying if true.

The only player that seemed agitated at coming off was Barry Cuddihy and that looked like it was to protect his hamstring as it was straight on to ice once he was off.  

Allison done alright last night as the wing back.  Certainly has got the pace to get up and down the flank which is a big issue with the role McNiff has been asked to do.  Whether or not he is the long term fix I don't know.  But all players looked far more comfortable across the back in the 3-5-2.  Regardless of opposition standard.  

P&B's hilarious, really is.   Tuesday's the first scheduled training night after the game on Saturday.  Could easily be he had all the players in to discuss the Airdrie game.  That's got f**k all to do with the team picked for Celtic.   We had 4 named substitutes, one was the GK coach !  The other 3, one being DL, all came on.  DL's played in several training games against other teams.

We've players out either injured or carrying a knock.   You really want to risk them for a nothing competition like the Glasgow Cup?? 

Aye, that's right, he was making a point.  Give us some of what you're drinkin 🤣

P&B's hilarious, really is.   Tuesday's the first scheduled training night after the game on Saturday.  Could easily be he had all the players in to discuss the Airdrie game.  That's got f**k all to do with the team picked for Celtic.   We had 4 named substitutes, one was the GK coach !  The other 3, one being DL, all came on.  DL's played in several training games against other teams.
We've players out either injured or carrying a knock.   You really want to risk them for a nothing competition like the Glasgow Cup?? 
Aye, that's right, he was making a point.  Give us some of what you're drinkin [emoji1787]
thought he might have tried a few of our under 21 team

3 hours ago, David W said:

Pretty sure Lennon has played in a few closed door friendlies to make up the numbers, don't think he's making a point at all.

Sorry if I caused any confusion here, the "prove a point" thing was just my opinion (based on very little previous knowledge!), all I was told was that the players were told to report for the match last night and Lennon wasn't happy. If he's filled in previously in meaningless games then there's maybe nothing to him subbing himself on.