Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Unless we’re going to sign a free agent striker who’s good enough at our level which is highly unlikely I think we’re in for a horrible second half of the season. Don’t get me wrong this team has done really well recently without goodie but to go half a season without him is a big task and one I can’t see us doing well in with Jones and Tade as our strikers… The problem for us is finding someone of goodie’s calibre who is willing to go part time and that’s just not gna happen imo, I think we’re in for a bumpy second half of the season 

2 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Can we not loan until the end of Feb? I’d love a Moffat from Celtic or a signing of that ilk now that we must have some money to play with between the few and the wage costs.

It’s gonna be a tricky end to the season now tho, just hope we can hold on.

Old firm  co are extremely reactant to loan their kids now because they are playing in lowland league. 
Otoo for example is captaining the Celtic b team in LL when he could be gaining much better experience and helping us out up in league 1 

annoying 

Just now, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Unless we’re going to sign a free agent striker who’s good enough at our level which is highly unlikely I think we’re in for a horrible second half of the season. Don’t get me wrong this team has done really well recently without goodie but to go half a season without him is a big task and one I can’t see us doing well in with Jones and Tade as our strikers… The problem for us is finding someone of goodie’s calibre who is willing to go part time and that’s just not gna happen imo, I think we’re in for a bumpy second half of the season 

Calm down we’ve got Jones 

Right lets examine. 

On the pitch it is obviously a massive blow.

I will be very gladly surprised if I ever see a better striker than him at Clyde.

It possibly takes us from maybe thinking about promotion playoffs to looking down the league again.

The money we received for him will be well short of what we thought he was worth.

However,

While the football has been turgid we have been getting points without him recently so there is a never say die about the team.

We should be far enough clear of East Fife that relegation playoff is the worst we do this year 

We will have freed up a huge amount in our wage bill so while any player is now a downgrade there is now money to play with that there wasn't previously.

Selling him and Mitchell has also added revenue.

We thank him for his efforts but Clyde can now move on and hopefully become more of a community club and can promote equality without being massively hypocritical. The club have suffered massively having him as a talisman. Let's use that as a clean slate.

Time for some of the young bloods to stand up to the plate and make a name for themselves. Never did think Goodie was a good as a captain, so you never know if some of the players will come out of the shadows. ( OK totally wishful thinking but I need to stay positive!)

3 minutes ago, LiviClyde said:

Time for some of the young bloods to stand up to the plate and make a name for themselves. Never did think Goodie was a good as a captain, so you never know if some of the players will come out of the shadows. ( OK totally wishful thinking but I need to stay positive!)

Never a good Captain….whit?

We just about owe our very existence as a club to him, we would be rooted at the bottom of the league this year without his goals and assists, if that’s not leading by example as a captain on the field what is, come on!

1 minute ago, TheBigGuy said:

Good luck Goodie in your move. Utterly gutted and angry about the way the club has handled this farce.

Basically said the same above

To leave it till 10.30pm on transfer deadline day basically shows the shambles of board we have.

It should have been done at least a week ago or no deal unless at least £100k which it won’t be

It will be less than £50k plus some if they get promoted

We thank him for his efforts but Clyde can now move on and hopefully become more of a community club and can promote equality without being massively hypocritical. The club have suffered massively having him as a talisman. Let's use that as a clean slate.

Why would it stop being hypocritical now that he's left? He's only left because you were able to sell him for money, not because the club discovered a moral compass.

3 minutes ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Can’t believe the board have left it this late to get this deal sorted. Ok yes it will be financially beneficial for the club but to leave it until there’s 1hour until the window shuts !? How fucking retarded can they get. I really hope we find a replacement but the board needs out ASAP regardless 

Unless transfer fee is £100k it won’t be financially beneficial as that is what he would have been worth over the remaining 18 months of contract

The board will say they have signed Jamieson as a replacement - what a joke

Agreed, if the club think we will survive with a strikeforce of  Jones, Jamieson (decent player but not proved anything yet) and Tade ( let’s take emotion out of this, he is almost finished , other than impact sub)

They have to get not only some kind of decent forward and a creative midfielder in just have to