Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

I see Airdrie’s game has been postponed tomorrow.

Would I take playing a potentially diminished Airdrie at this point in the season? Yes.

Would I take the game being postponed meaning potentially more time to bring players in before the game? Also, yes.

Edited by Scott-Replay

Quote from Danny on the official website:

”We know the challenge Alloa is going to present away from home. They’re well organised with good players, but we need to bring the qualities that we possess and that’s the key thing."

Anyone got any idea what these "qualities" are? Is Danny deluded or is this merely his attempt to buy a bit of time to replace (hopefully) most of the squad in January? I get that the players look amazing in training but surely even Danny must now realise the majority of them simply aren't up to scratch when it comes to competitive action?

If major changes aren't made in January (for whatever reason) then Danny really will have to go. 

Quote from Danny on the official website:
”We know the challenge Alloa is going to present away from home. They’re well organised with good players, but we need to bring the qualities that we possess and that’s the key thing."
Anyone got any idea what these "qualities" are? Is Danny deluded or is this merely his attempt to buy a bit of time to replace (hopefully) most of the squad in January? I get that the players look amazing in training but surely even Danny must now realise the majority of them simply aren't up to scratch when it comes to competitive action?
If major changes aren't made in January (for whatever reason) then Danny really will have to go. 
I decided a long time ago that Danny is full of shite.

11 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I decided a long time ago that Danny is full of shite.

Is this based on your vast experience in football management ?  Presumably it must be given you'd never criticize the Board on the basis of having 'no understanding of corporate matters'  And yet you'd still give Danny the January transfer window

You're the one that's full of shite hop-a-long

Is this based on your vast experience in football management ?  Presumably it must be given you'd never criticize the Board on the basis of having 'no understanding of corporate matters'  And yet you'd still give Danny the January transfer window
You're the one that's full of shite hop-a-long

I have eyes. I'm a football fan not a business man. I see the disparity between what he says and what I see on a Saturday.

Some examples below.

Danny on Robert Jones,
" He causes defenders significant problems and whilst he doesn’t fall into the category of a prolific scorer, what he does incredibly well is draw defenders to open up space for the other forwards and midfield runners to hurt the opposition. His link play and ability to hold the ball whilst we shape an attack is very good. He also brings height to set plays in both boxes. He fits the bill for what we are looking for to add another dimension to our forward play and we look forward to his contribution in the famous Clyde jersey this season."

Danny on Mortimer,
"We’ve been looking for a right back with a lot of pace and energy. One that will neutralise the wide threats of the opposition all day long. We also want good technical ability in that key position and that spark in the modern full back to make things happen when called upon, whether it’s lifting their head to make a penetrating pass, make the kind of runs that cause the opposition problems, and very importantly, can make good deliveries into the box.
Billy ticks all these boxes..."

Danny on McGrath
"Kieran is a natural goal scorer. He certainly knows where the goals are. He’s had a good pedigree of coaching through the Hibs and Celtic youth systems and it shows in the technical ability, vision and creativity that we have seen from him."

Danny on Munro,
“He is a very, very good defender and we need to have players who perform well without the ball, and Marky offers that.”

I'll not even mention the patronising sucking up to the Clyde fans that some just lap up.

Nor the "players are exceptional in training" bullshit.

However, it seems to work for him. Lots of Clyde fans still make excuses for the dreadful performances, dreadful recruitment and dreadful team selection. Everyone is to blame except the manager.

Christ! We still chant his name at matches. Imagine if these performances were under Ferguson, Duffy or Chapman.

Good PR goes a long way it seems

3 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Danny on Munro,
“He is a very, very good defender and we need to have players who perform well without the ball, and Marky offers that.”

Suppose Munro does perform well without the ball. i.e when he's not playing.

Edited by C. Muir

I'm sure he'll be in good hands with Johnny Harvey:blink:

I see they've also got Darren Gribben, who was a classy operator but a bit of an underachiever when at Berwick. Even more surprisingly, they also have a kid I used to teach.

9 minutes ago, David W said:

I see they've also got Darren Gribben, who was a classy operator but a bit of an underachiever when at Berwick. Even more surprisingly, they also have a kid I used to teach.

Gribbs probably isn't the same player he was hut doing a job for us. Whos the player you taught

13 hours ago, David W said:

There was definitely a time when he was at Forfar that I would have taken Gribben at Clyde

18 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

He set up our 2 goals yesterday on loan at us.

First one's a great ball but as mentioned, he was unchallenged and that'll rarely happen in the top four leagues.

There's no way you're giving him the assist for the second goal, his ball was about 10 minutes before the finish!

5 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

First one's a great ball but as mentioned, he was unchallenged and that'll rarely happen in the top four leagues.

There's no way you're giving him the assist for the second goal, his ball was about 10 minutes before the finish!

Hardly 10 mins his ball in the box caused them the bother of getting it out and ants hit in. 

Well seems a good player for our level anyway

4 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

What was the full script with Sweeney? I never actually listened to the full story 

Quite scary how rife that is. Big McLean from Peterhead was ousted from Heats because of the same thing

Don’t know all the ins and out, just that he was up to that kind of thing just before he moved on, or so the rumour goes I should say.