Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

On 16/08/2021 at 18:40, Bullyweeno1 said:

Not surprised.  He's hopeless.  What a waste of a wage.

I could tell you that after what I have seen of him.  He got hooked at half time v Broomhill.  That says it all.

Honest to god, so much for giving the boy a chance. To be honest anyone of about 7 players could have been hooked at h/t v Broomhill. He must have something about him when a host of English clubs including premiership club were after his signature maybe next season we will start to see his potential, maybe the reason he got a 2 year deal..

He played in his natural position in the second half against Kilmarnock. He done well then in my opinion. Held it up alright. Linked well with nearby players. Nearly scored an overhead kick. Looked like he had some instincts in the box.

In every other match he played we had him playing out of position. Mostly on the left hand side of a front three or on the left wing as fifth midfielder without the ball. Whatever it was. He was visibly irritated by that in the Albion Rovers friendly and against Broomhill.

If any premiership clubs were looking at him that must've been quite a while ago. The Berwick site has him describing himself as a pacey forward who likes to get in behind. Perhaps he was pacey. He isn't any longer. He's built like a barrel. But then a lot players have lost their fitness over the last year or two and he's made the drop to part-time football.

I'm in the give him a chance camp, in short. We need to be cultivating long-term alternatives to Goodie. Not straight swaps of course. But players who can do a turn as and when he's not a ninety minute player any longer.

To be honest I don't think Clyde can cultivate players in the long term.

Any youngster showing promise will be snapped up by the full-time vultures from higher leagues.

It's unlikely we'll see much reward on the pitch for such a policy.

Two year contacts for anyone other than players with proven ability at our level (or above) should be a no-no.

14 hours ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

He must have something about him when a host of English clubs including premiership club were after his signature maybe next season we will start to see his potential, maybe the reason he got a 2 year deal..

Fair enough, lets see what he does with Berwick.  If he doesnt bag a ton of goals then he doesnt really have much about him.

Also lets see what he does when he comes back next year but my feeling is he wont be back at Broadwood in the next 2 years.

13 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Two year contacts for anyone other than players with proven ability at our level (or above) should be a no-no.

Agree with this.  To give 2 year contracts to the likes of McGrath and Kennedy is madness !!!!!  You are really taking a punt on someone with potential.  Kennedy looked good in the games v Albion Rovers and Airdrie but has done little since.  McGrath never showed anything in any the game time he got IMO.

A 2 year contract for a DGW is right thing to do as he is proven that he can score 20+ goals a season at our level.  Personally i would be adding another 2 years onto his current deal which think ends in 2023.

If they aren't good enough for the first team then it's pointless us paying them a wage.

Cassidy and McCormack have been at the club for a year or 2 and I don't think either has featured for the first team other than friendlies. McGrath I've not seen play.

I'm sure we will be trying to jettison Mortimer as well now we have both Munro and Cuddihy for right back.

I think he was 15/16 at the time "a host of epl clubs wanted him" there has been a host of players of that age that have went down south only to end up not being good enough and jobbing about lower league football, McGrath ended up at Celtic and was deemed not good enough by them. He needs game time ultimately to develop and he probably won't get that here with Jones and Goodie, I see he got an assist in his first game for Berwick hopefully he scores a few and comes back next season ready for first team football at a higher level.

22 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

What's folks opinion of our new chairman's vision for the club?

I'm looking for guidance on whether I should be comforted by it or incredibly outraged and tearing up my season ticket (metaphorically speaking).

Hopefully I'm wrong but, given it's someone who's been on the board for years and he's only stepping up from Vice Chairman to Chairman, I wouldn't get too excited for any dramatic change at this stage.

Perhaps his move plus a new Secretary and Vice Chairman might help overall.

I assume that owners were informed of the change in board personnel in advance and had a chance to voice their opinions on the candidates and vote it through? 

Or did the owners have no say about who gets to lead the club forward?

4 Chairmen in 5 years, no wonder the club is absolutely directionless 

Edited by Ocelot1877

Why would his statement and vision for the Club cause outrage?

He is a lifelong Clyde fan who in the past has attempted to improve communication between Club and the wider community.He was also instrumental in bringing Danny Lennon to the Club.

Give the guy a chance...time will tell.

6 minutes ago, Harry Haddock said:

Why would his statement and vision for the Club cause outrage?

He is a lifelong Clyde fan who in the past has attempted to improve communication between Club and the wider community.He was also instrumental in bringing Danny Lennon to the Club.

Give the guy a chance...time will tell.

Don’t be daft and expect Clyde fans to give anyone sufficient time to do anything whatsoever!