Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

38 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

I take it no one is going to this rebranded Challenge Cup pish tomorrow night? If it had been in Glasgow I may have gone along but no chance am I going to Alloa. Good luck to anyone who does make the trip mind!

The season has barely started and already it seems apathy has well and truly set in. Three days since the last post on this thread tells its own story. The joys of being a Clyde fan, eh?

Shows you how much attention I pay to things - seem the post on Clyde website today and thought the game was tonight rather than tomorrow

My office is just 2 mins from Alloa ground so will probably go as couldn’t tonight due to family commitments

Though right enough could be the embarrassment of all embarrassments if don’t win

2 minutes ago, David W said:

Probably best to not search for him on here, didn't impress when at ICT.

Still, at least he hasn't been weighed down by a traditional hyperbolic Danny Lennon introduction.

Had a wee look and he only played three league games, four years ago. I'm taking the ICT fans' opinions with a big grain of salt atm.

Looks a big laddie, hopefully he can fling a couple of the Broomhill boys about tonight.

1 hour ago, David W said:

Probably best to not search for him on here, didn't impress when at ICT.

When at the time he'd just turned 20 and had up until then only played in Middlesborough's youth team.  A few years back he also suffered a bad knee injury which has clearly disrupted his progress.

But OK, from your vast experience and knowledge of the game, tell us all exactly what you would do, who you would sign, where you would get the money from, by which month you'd have the league wrapped up, and why it is that a multitude of clubs haven't been knocking your door down to get you in as a head coach for the past decade.

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Had a wee look and he only played three league games, four years ago. I'm taking the ICT fans' opinions with a big grain of salt atm.

He played about 8 or 9 games for us across all competitions and was thoroughly unimpressive in the majority of them. He was slow, lacked positional awareness and could barely make a tackle. A particularly poor performance at EEP against Dunfermline lead to a dressing room bust up with Iain Vigurs (allegedly) and although he played against Brechin a couple of weeks later he was ultimately displaced by Coll Donaldson (who was also garbage when he first arrived). Following that he had to settle for a spot on the bench before being dropped from the squad altogether until his load ended in January and he officially went back down the road.

Despite all of this, it could be argued that he was still quite young at the time and came into a side that was a completely shambles on and off the pitch so not exactly ideal for the kid. Maybe he has improved in the last couple of years but we can only comment on what we saw at ICT and it wasn't good. Nothing against the guy though and hopefully he can do a job for you. We've had plenty of players come in to use who were mince elsewhere and done well for themselves so no reason why he couldn't do the same for you. Maybe.

Edited by RiG

26 minutes ago, RiG said:

He played about 8 or 9 games for us across all competitions and was thoroughly unimpressive in the majority of them. He was slow, lacked positional awareness and could barely make a tackle. A particularly poor performance at EEP against Dunfermline lead to a dressing room bust up with Iain Vigurs (allegedly) and although he played against Brechin a couple of weeks later he was ultimately displaced by Coll Donaldson (who was also garbage when he first arrived). Following that he had to settle for a spot on the bench before being dropped from the squad altogether until his load ended in January and he officially went back down the road.

Despite all of this, it could be argued that he was still quite young at the time and came into a side that was a completely shambles on and off the pitch so not exactly ideal for the kid. Maybe he has improved in the last couple of years but we can only comment on what we saw at ICT and it wasn't good. Nothing against the guy though and hopefully he can do a job for you. We've had plenty of players come in to use who were mince elsewhere and done well for themselves so no reason why he couldn't do the same for you. Maybe.

Sounds like most players we sign. Shite for us and then go on to do well elsewhere. Alan Trouten the best example of that, imo.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

19 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

In a strange way our recruitment team are highly commendable in that they have inexplicably managed to unearth some truly astonishing, utterly obscure and absolutely howling shite during their tenure

It's probably the same as the bulk of business we do and has come through word of mouth or an agent flaunting a player to any club that'll listen. Hopefully he's some use but our signing history and the testimonies of Inverness fans aren't exactly filling me with optimism on this one.