Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

We are sitting with 2 fit CBs so we sign a RB recruitment team earning those pennies
I'm sure they scoured the nation, spoke to multiple contacts and watched hours and hours of video before discovering Marky Munro who (check notes), was bang average for us last season.

Clyde's player recruitment and scouting network is second to none.

3 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I'm sure they scoured the nation, spoke to multiple contacts and watched hours and hours of video before discovering Marky Munro who (check notes), was bang average for us last season.

Clyde's player recruitment and scouting network is second to none.

We were unlucky that Ross Lyon (Stenhousemuir), Jamie Bain (Brechin and Kieran Duffie (injured) were unavailable.

13 minutes ago, David W said:

We were unlucky that Ross Lyon (Stenhousemuir), Jamie Bain (Brechin and Kieran Duffie (injured) were unavailable.

Have we considered an up and coming full back named Liam Allison for our problems at LB? I’ve heard he’s a future star

I just can’t understand the recruitment process… Surely someone has went and watched all these players we’re signing and I’d like to know who, because who has went and watched Docherty, Mortimer and Jones to name a few and thought that these players are good enough to push for league 1 playoffs… 

17 minutes ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

I just can’t understand the recruitment process… Surely someone has went and watched all these players we’re signing and I’d like to know who, because who has went and watched Docherty, Mortimer and Jones to name a few and thought that these players are good enough to push for league 1 playoffs… 

You are assuming the ambition is to push for the playoffs and not just try to survive

Edited by Ocelot1877

18 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

You are assuming the ambition is to push for the playoffs and not just try to survive

Yes but these players won’t make survival possible.

I’m actually astounded that we actually have the cheek to say that we have a Director of Football Operations and a Chief Scout.. oh my God total failures, do they not have an appraisal like every other employer?

Again, I’ll say it can Diamond and Corr please give some kind of statement as to how they actually carry out recruitment. They are obviously incompetent or at best lazy and don’t actually watch the players !

Post-match interview bingo;

- competed well for long spells
- got into areas where we identified we could hurt Montrose
- lacked that final pass
- dealt with their threats very well
- conceded poor goals, which isn't like us
- excited to get back on the training pitch to work on what we didn't do well today

I take it no one is going to this rebranded Challenge Cup pish tomorrow night? If it had been in Glasgow I may have gone along but no chance am I going to Alloa. Good luck to anyone who does make the trip mind!

The season has barely started and already it seems apathy has well and truly set in. Three days since the last post on this thread tells its own story. The joys of being a Clyde fan, eh?

Edited by RutherGlen