Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Clyde were comfortably the better side but poor finishing and good goalkeeping denied them. The Rose ended with 2 midfielders and a centre forward playing at the back with 4 trialists in midfield.

Howie was alright but the other starting trialists just won't do. Allison was clumsy as f**k, we'd be aswell just playing McNiff there instead of signing him, and the number 11 didnt offer much either. 

All of the trialists were worse than shite, Howie aside. And even he didn't look like he could hit the ground running in League 1. Coyne beat him in the air three times.

Just a friendly and wouldn't read much more into it than that. Opener was a classic exhibition of absent-minded defending and goal-keeping. Rest of the goals were just meh.

Needing a big centre-forward, a left-back, another goalie, another centre-half, and maybe - now that I've seen them today - a Banks replacement. A midfielder with real pace to put the cat among the pigeons when overplaying becomes a problem.

Howie was fine.I doubt we will see any of the other trialists again.

Linlithigow had 3 shots on target.scored 2 and had 1 disallowed.We made countless chances,hit the bar and post and the Linlithgow slug goalie had a great game.

We passed the ball well and Looked really fit. Nothing to worry about.

Howie was fine.I doubt we will see any of the other trialists again.
Linlithigow had 3 shots on target.scored 2 and had 1 disallowed.We made countless chances,hit the bar and post and the Linlithgow slug goalie had a great game.
We passed the ball well and Looked really fit. Nothing to worry about.
You had 2 disallowed as well.

Out of the starting trialists Howie was decent on ball but poor in air, Liam the left back was woeful as was Callum (11). 

Good work out for the team though & thought Norway was looking particularly sharp when he came on 2nd half. Grant as always a joy to watch - the composure. 

Cracking set up through there & think match would have been beneficial for both sides. 

Head was turned as their 1st went in. What exactly happened?

45 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Thanks for the visit today chaps, a big support from you.

Hopefully we will see you back again at some point.

Good luck for the season ahead.

The simple but effective set up at Linlithgow pisses all over some of the grounds in the senior leagues.

A bit more detail on today. We started something like;

Mitchell
Cuddihy Rumsby Howie Allison
Wallace Grant Lamont
Robertson Smith Johnston

Wallace, Johnston and Lamont often interchanged positions throughout the first period and Smith pulled out wide alot. He actually put some decent crosses in, one in particular on a plate for Wallace but he skied the header. Most of our good play in the first half came down the right, mainly due to Allison being out of his depth on the left hand side. Smith also had a diving header disallowed for offside.

Second half;

Mitchell
Cuddihy Rumsby Howie McNiff
McStay Grant Lamont
Robertson Syvertson Love

Really on the front food second half. Another disallowed goal through Love after he tapped in a shot spilled by the goalie. Their goalie in the second half made a couple of superb saves in the second half and we also hit the woodwork 2 or 3 times. Syvertsen could've had a hat trick. Can't really remember the subs as the game went on apart from Fitzpatrick replacing Howie. He had a couple of absolute horror passes out from the back but looked more comfortable than I've read was up front in the points deduction games.

Fitness levels were superb, particularly Cuddihy and Grant who both looked really sharp and Syvertsen too in the second half. Good enough exercise but as I alluded to before, Howie is the only one I would even consider inviting back out the tralists who started. I just wonder if we've spunked the budget or most of it already and are relying on cannon fodder to fill out the rest of the squad. Although I suppose we can still look to the loan market

Edited by C. Muir