Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Dick Campbell ( I'm no big fan) was interesting on Sportsound yesterday. He said Arbroath are the best part time team in Scotland, which is difficult to argue with.  

He said fulltime players he'd approached, even peripheral ones, were not interested in going part time.  He said he would not sign anyone who wasn't better than the current players and that there was a shortage of potential signings.

I see the highlights are up. The penalty for Kilmarnock looks like a correct decision from the opposite side camera. 

I will never know what Docherty thinks he's doing for the first goal. 

1 hour ago, David W said:

I see the highlights are up. The penalty for Kilmarnock looks like a correct decision from the opposite side camera. 

I will never know what Docherty thinks he's doing for the first goal. 

You got a link? Can’t find anywhere 

14 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Interesting to know if other clubs have stream included. Personally I’m not bothered, suppose they see it as a separate service as the game is available to watch live… hopefully 

Can’t say I share your optimism about being able to go to games all season.  I don’t think our glorious leaders are finished exercising their new powers.  If I buy a season ticket I’d struggle to convince myself the poor quality stream is worth paying for again on top of what’s already been paid.  It’s barely worth paying for once.

Edited by WBR

Really, really poor that the club isn't bothering its arse to implement a facility for ST holders to have access to match streams - particularly given the very real possibility of restrictions returning, at which point they'll then be scrambling around in a farce having had all of the close season to put this in place. £17 as a walk-up price is also not great at all.

Edited by the_bully_wee

2 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Not being able to use the season ticket for purchase of live streams is a big drawback.

I disagree. If we stream, it will hugely reduce the number of visiting fans.  And it would also mean sacrificing potentially 4 entrance fees for a family 1 stream purchase.  If anyone  with technical knowledge it's also easy to share 1 legit broadcast to many.  

5 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

I disagree. If we stream, it will hugely reduce the number of visiting fans.  And it would also mean sacrificing potentially 4 entrance fees for a family 1 stream purchase.  If anyone  with technical knowledge it's also easy to share 1 legit broadcast to many.  

Well, we are going to be streaming matches, so this point is null and void off the bat. That's before you even consider that after the past 16 months, the preference for most folk (home and away), by some distance, will be to actually attend matches in-person rather than continue watching on a delayed, poor-quality stream with pretty insufferable commentary. I couldn't believe how bad the Broadwood Cup streams were. Overall, it's just complete laziness from the club and they've essentially admitted that by claiming it requires "a large amount of manual administration". Quite why other clubs can either stomach this - or automate the process - and not ours is a complete mystery.

Curious about people’s thoughts for tomorrow’s game. For me personally I’d be giving some of the ones who won’t get much game time this season a run out. Maybe give Page 20/30 mins in the second half if hes back available. Personally wouldn’t risk goodie if he’s still carrying that slight injury, and I’d maybe give Gomis n Splaine a rest. However I understand EK won’t be a pushover but personally I don’t see the point in risking the main few incase one gets an injury like goodie did on Tuesday night. 

Yeah can understand that tbh, a win n then a draw against Morton would do the job. From what I remember EK’s pitch is pretty awful so hopefully we don’t get any niggles. But they could have relayed the surface so who knows hopefully it’ll be a good game regardless. 

7 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I'd go as strong as possible. A win gives us a chance of getting to the last sixteen for the first time in forever

I would go strong as possible too. Not only do we have a chance of going through but we've also looked disjointed a lot of times in both games so far, particularly in midfield, which could do with some addressing before the league kicks off.

Mitchell
Cuddihy Balatoni Page* Livingstone
Splaine Gomis Kennedy
Love Goodwillie Cunningham

*Rumsby if Page still not available.

Edited by C. Muir

There's a decent difference in prize money between different positions in the table as well. 9 points might see us knocked out but it'd be an extra few thousand quid.

I get that DL has to prove a point but leaving Livingstone out the team in favour of Docherty cost us big time on Saturday and should have cost us against Stranraer. We need to start putting cohesive performances together.