Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Guest andyp1301
18 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Not if we have several hundred thousand pounds (at least) that you mention above.

I would like to see the books to support that.

If the Board won't spend it on the playing squad.......we're dying a slow painful death. Me too, but the Board refused to answer the question last night.

So £20k each per annum plus NI - lets call it £21k. A pool of 18-20 players, not all on £400, as some  will be more and come less will therefore be c £420k. Add in win bonuses, coaching staff, physio, one or two others and you have £500k+. 
Add in pension costs, bonuses , rent, travel costs, stewarding, website, admin staff, audit fees, phones, postage, stationery and you are well over £600k.
Crowds of say 700 paying an average of £12 for 20 home games = £168k (you have to take the  VAT off the £12 but lets ignore that for now).
Income from cup games is uncertain as is income from SPFL/SFA as it depends on their ability to get sponsorship for competitions etc. 
Income from sponsorship is uncertain. So is fan generated days like Golf, Xmas party, various prize draws etc.
That's a fair bit of uncertainty and a significant gap to make up. Get it wrong one way, and you cannot pay bills, get it wrong the other way and you may get relegated. 

There is a real balance to be found and it isn't that easy.
Sensible post.
An acceptance that there's actual costs to running a football club.

I suspect some Clyde fans would rather blow everything on one season of glory followed by years of financial austerity and depressing football than live within our means.

Guest andyp1301
17 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Sensible post.
An acceptance that there's actual costs to running a football club.

I suspect some Clyde fans would rather blow everything on one season of glory followed by years of financial austerity and depressing football than live within our means.

Then stop complaining about our league position and sub standard players HD. The season of glory......2017/2018 getting out the basement league if  you can call that "glory"....1 year in League 1 and then a set of accounts showing serious profit by June 2020.. What a disaster eh?

We need to decide if we are shite, really shite or want to compete.

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

So £20k each per annum plus NI - lets call it £21k. A pool of 18-20 players, not all on £400, as some  will be more and come less will therefore be c £420k. Add in win bonuses, coaching staff, physio, one or two others and you have £500k+. 

Add in pension costs, bonuses , rent, travel costs, stewarding, website, admin staff, audit fees, phones, postage, stationery and you are well over £600k.

Crowds of say 700 paying an average of £12 for 20 home games = £168k (you have to take the  VAT off the £12 but lets ignore that for now).

Income from cup games is uncertain as is income from SPFL/SFA as it depends on their ability to get sponsorship for competitions etc. 

Income from sponsorship is uncertain. So is fan generated days like Golf, Xmas party, various prize draws etc.

That's a fair bit of uncertainty and a significant gap to make up. Get it wrong one way, and you cannot pay bills, get it wrong the other way and you may get relegated. 

There is a real balance to be found and it isn't that easy.

Sensible post here.  

When looking at on costs we normally build in 28% of salary. So on that £400 p.w that's an additional £112! 

I wonder how accurate that £400 is as an mean pt football wage? 

Self employed guys in the building trade are looking for £275 a day...  68k a year.  They'll be paying 41% tax on what they take from football.  

Genuinely not sure this is about money alone???

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Sensible post here.  

When looking at on costs we normally build in 28% of salary. So on that £400 p.w that's an additional £112! 

I wonder how accurate that £400 is as an mean pt football wage? 

Self employed guys in the building trade are looking for £275 a day...  68k a year.  They'll be paying 41% tax on what they take from football.  

Genuinely not sure this is about money alone???

£400 is top end for quality players. However, the names being posted above are those people want to improve the squad, so that may be the going rate. On costs are not 28% in this industry, as pensions are low, and lower paid players e.g. youths don't even pay NI. 

Money is a big factor, but running the club with very few permanent staff, mainly volunteers, people coming and going, little long term planning, no youth structure to talk of,  and no consistency of approach are IMHO as important

Then stop complaining about our league position and sub standard players HD. The season of glory......2017/2018 getting out the basement league if  you can call that "glory"....1 year in League 1 and then a set of accounts showing serious profit by June 2020.. What a disaster eh?
We need to decide if we are shite, really shite or want to compete.
I think you've mistaken me saying we have not maximised the resources available to us with me saying we should spend money we don't have.

Have we maximised the use of the loan system? I don't think so.

Are we paying players who rarely play? Yes

Do we often play players out of position? Yes

Improving on these issues would have little impact on our financial situation but improve team performance.

Guest andyp1301
1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

I think you've mistaken me saying we have not maximised the resources available to us with me saying we should spend money we don't have.

Have we maximised the use of the loan system? I don't think so.

Are we paying players who rarely play? Yes

Do we often play players out of position? Yes

Improving on these issues would have little impact on our financial situation but improve team performance.

You are bonkers

On 25/04/2021 at 22:07, andyp1301 said:

Point taken JS......I am not an accountant either, but like you I am a football fan...a Clyde fan and I have done my own calculations based on several factors. Furlough payments, start up grants/loans, James Anderson money, PPV income with no stewarding/turnstile  operative costs, the Celtic cup tie money, the Scottish government money (75k still to come), rent holiday from NLL, supporters 20k donation, this seasons cup run money.

The last set of figures showed a considerable profit even before most of the revenue streams above.

I'd say not spending on players is the choice of an unambitious Board, and not as we are all lead to believe, through necessity.

Is it not time we all got our head around this?

I am an accountant and all I would say is if it is the accounts you are going off to try work out how much money the club do/don't have currently then it will give a false position. This is mainly due to fact that the accounts reflect a position at one point in time, in our case back in June, and would not indicate what money we had available in January for signings. Additionally, from the accounts once you include creditors that we owe money to our net asset position significantly reduces from what the cash at bank figure is. From that point, we would have had to start paying players in full again and dealing with reduced revenues etc which may have meant any of the extra income you mention was already being used to plug a hole in our finances. 

You may well be right that there was money available in January but you can't tell that with any certainty from the position disclosed in the accounts. Hope this helps.

You are bonkers
Bonkers? Not really

I'm not a member/owner. I'm not informed re. issues regarding the board's management of the club. So cannot comment on them.

Looking at your previous post you seen to suggest the club have no outgoings but plenty of income. I haven't seen the accounts but I'd be very suspicious if the accounts indicated that.

Do you accept that there's been some mistakes by the footballing side of our club or is everything perfect on that front?

Perhaps you think that all negatives fall at the feet of the club board and Danny and his team have no responsibility for footballing performance?

I see Lamont and McNiff(on a two year contract) sitting on the bench along with RitchieHosler, Butterworth etc

I see Love playing left back, Otoo playing midfield.

I also see Tom Lang playing as a forward.

Unless, John Taylor tells Danny the formation and team to play, Danny has to take his share of the responsibility.

Everyone at the club, the board, the manager, the players all need to reflect on what's went wrong (and what's went right) and improve.

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Add Howie in central midfield to that. Although I concede playing players out of position hasn't just been a Danny problem. We've done it for 10+ years! Having said that it is more frustrating that Danny does it, compared to a Bomber Brown, Stuart Millar or Barry Ferguson at the times as they were largely clueless anyway. 

Guest andyp1301
5 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Bonkers? Not really

I'm not a member/owner. I'm not informed re. issues regarding the board's management of the club. So cannot comment on them.

Looking at your previous post you seen to suggest the club have no outgoings but plenty of income. I haven't seen the accounts but I'd be very suspicious if the accounts indicated that.

Do you accept that there's been some mistakes by the footballing side of our club or is everything perfect on that front?

Perhaps you think that all negatives fall at the feet of the club board and Danny and his team have no responsibility for footballing performance?

I see Lamont and McNiff(on a two year contract) sitting on the bench along with RitchieHosler, Butterworth etc

Unless, John Taylor tells Danny the formation and team to play, Danny has to take his share of the responsibility.

Everyone at the club, the board, the manager, the players all need to reflect on what's went wrong (and what's went right) and improve.

Always mistakes,,,we are all human.....he has to work with what he he has and that includes injuries, strains, fitness, form etc.

Guest andyp1301
3 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Add Howie in central midfield to that. Although I concede playing players out of position hasn't just been a Danny problem. We've done it for 10+ years! Having said that it is more frustrating that Danny does it, compared to a Bomber Brown, Stuart Millar or Barry Ferguson at the times as they were largely clueless anyway. 

As said...I guess he has to work within the parameters of fitness form etc

Guest andyp1301
6 hours ago, bullywee2010 said:

I am an accountant and all I would say is if it is the accounts you are going off to try work out how much money the club do/don't have currently then it will give a false position. This is mainly due to fact that the accounts reflect a position at one point in time, in our case back in June, and would not indicate what money we had available in January for signings. Additionally, from the accounts once you include creditors that we owe money to our net asset position significantly reduces from what the cash at bank figure is. From that point, we would have had to start paying players in full again and dealing with reduced revenues etc which may have meant any of the extra income you mention was already being used to plug a hole in our finances. 

You may well be right that there was money available in January but you can't tell that with any certainty from the position disclosed in the accounts. Hope this helps.

Thanks.....but at this stage of the calendar year we have never ever had this amount of money. The Chairman said that the 150k from the government arrived too late for the start of the season.......so by definition it's still there and could have been used in Jan to bring players in and not kids. I still think there is several hundred grand nestling in Club accounts.

The latest financial issue involving Norrie Innes has been really tiring, we have continuously got ourselves into problems which has led us to pay money out which could’ve been avoided. 

We all dug deep last year and we have had next to nothing back. Coupled with being shite and watching games on a live stream, it’s just been an all round disaster. 

Paying wages to two guys who can muster up 7 academy players between them is just the peak of it all. 

We are poorly run, and due to getting ourselves into more financial difficulty now can’t back our best management team in years.