Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

6 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:

Having the funds and spending the funds on proper footballers are two different things.

You say we are skint...put a figure to skint.  Money on hand?

Skint is a colloquial term and also in relative terms, as you well know. If you want a figure, become a member (if you're not already), and ask the club for it.

Guest andyp1301
3 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Skint is a colloquial term and also in relative terms, as you well know. If you want a figure, become a member (if you're not already), and ask the club for it.

Yep I know it's a term.....but I'm asking you, the person who has used the term......under 100k in the bank...under 200k in the bank...under 300k in the bank....under 400k in the bank? What is your definition of skint?

2 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:

Yep I know it's a term.....but I'm asking you, the person who has used the term......under 100k in the bank...under 200k in the bank...under 300k in the bank....under 400k in the bank? What is your definition of skint?

Given that I'm not an accountant and have never run a football club, I am in no position to discern how much a money a club should keep on hand. I am, however, a football fan and one of many who is capable of describing a club as skint when they clearly don't spend a lot on players relative to other clubs around them and regularly post annual losses.

If you want to drill down into the clubs finances in detail, I suggest you head to the owners forum where people can post openly about figures from the club finance.

Guest andyp1301
5 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Given that I'm not an accountant and have never run a football club, I am in no position to discern how much a money a club should keep on hand. I am, however, a football fan and one of many who is capable of describing a club as skint when they clearly don't spend a lot on players relative to other clubs around them and regularly post annual losses.

If you want to drill down into the clubs finances in detail, I suggest you head to the owners forum where people can post openly about figures from the club finance.

Point taken JS......I am not an accountant either, but like you I am a football fan...a Clyde fan and I have done my own calculations based on several factors. Furlough payments, start up grants/loans, James Anderson money, PPV income with no stewarding/turnstile  operative costs, the Celtic cup tie money, the Scottish government money (75k still to come), rent holiday from NLL, supporters 20k donation, this seasons cup run money.

The last set of figures showed a considerable profit even before most of the revenue streams above.

I'd say not spending on players is the choice of an unambitious Board, and not as we are all lead to believe, through necessity.

Is it not time we all got our head around this?

Point taken JS......I am not an accountant either, but like you I am a football fan...a Clyde fan and I have done my own calculations based on several factors. Furlough payments, start up grants/loans, James Anderson money, PPV income with no stewarding/turnstile  operative costs, the Celtic cup tie money, the Scottish government money (75k still to come), rent holiday from NLL, supporters 20k donation, this seasons cup run money.
The last set of figures showed a considerable profit even before most of the revenue streams above.
I'd say not spending on players is the choice of an unambitious Board, and not as we are all lead to believe, through necessity.
Is it not time we all got our head around this?

A lot of that is one off payments that we won't get again. The likes of the Anderson money had strings attached to what it could be used for.

The match day income, hospitality and sponsorship will have dropped massively too. Other fund raising activities like the golf day, player of the year night all had to be scrapped as well.

As for any cash at bank if you are a member then you'll know what that is being kept back for.

Guest andyp1301
7 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

A lot of that is one off payments that we won't get again. The likes of the Anderson money had strings attached to what it could be used for.

The match day income, hospitality and sponsorship will have dropped massively too. Other fund raising activities like the golf day, player of the year night all had to be scrapped as well.

As for any cash at bank if you are a member then you'll know what that is being kept back for.

Morning Jack, whether one off payments or not, the funds still nestle safely in the Club account giving the opportunity to throw money at the football requirements. Yes, the James Anderson money did have "strings attached", but I understand those were not to be used for servicing existing debt and were to help with the testing of staff for Covid- 19. But the James Anderson money is around 50% of Celtic match profit and 33% of the government money......so there is still plenty left to put a quality team on the pitch.

Match day income is not necessarily match day profit. I wonder how much (if anything) we make from a standard home match once costs are deducted, I doubt very much at all. In fact I'd go as far as to say PPV with no turnstile operators or stewarding and police costs is more profitable.

The golf day makes 10k perhaps and maybe the same for the player of the year night. The fans 20k covers that.

The other situation to which you refer....that is an agreed debt of 60k which has already been accounted for in last years accounts, I believe. The difference of opinion is not whether or not this is an agreed debt, but on the repayment method to the debtor. Again, I contend there is plenty of money available to settle this outright and move on to next season with a healthier bank balance at the start of the season than there has been for over 12 years.

With a bit of ambition and foresight from the Board this season, we would have been at the very least in the playoffs to go up a league. Everyone can see what a tight league it has turned out to be.

All I am asking is that we start to work things out for ourselves and not simply accept the constant message that we are "skint"....I may be wrong, but I am very sure we are so far away from  "skint" it's crazy.

There is the chance to seriously build a fabulous squad for next season and  it is down to the Board whether they take that opportunity, or whether they stash the money for a rainy day in case butchers shops and convenience stores run out of match sponsorship budget.

7 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Out of interest - are there any players that we've seen this season that anyone feels like we could feasibly sign for next season?

Yep, I'd be delighted with either or both Dumbarton centre backs. I'd talk to Connon Sammon as I think Falkirk with let him go. I'd be looking at the Forfar RB. Si Ferry I believe lives close to Cumbernauld, he would be an addition.  Is Ray Grant up for a conversation? 

I may be delusional but can't we package the club better to signings? We've got good facilities, decent coaches, centrally located and have a record of progression...This season there was ex Clyde players THREE SPL managerial positions. 

Surely we can't surrender to 'we've nay money, we're screwed' mentality! When we signed the boys who had been playing junior football, it didn't hold us back.

Guest andyp1301
14 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Yep, I'd be delighted with either or both Dumbarton centre backs. I'd talk to Connon Sammon as I think Falkirk with let him go. I'd be looking at the Forfar RB. Si Ferry I believe lives close to Cumbernauld, he would be an addition.  Is Ray Grant up for a conversation? 

I may be delusional but can't we package the club better to signings? We've got good facilities, decent coaches, centrally located and have a record of progression...This season there was ex Clyde players THREE SPL managerial positions. 

Surely we can't surrender to 'we've nay money, we're screwed' mentality! When we signed the boys who had been playing junior football, it didn't hold us back.

Agree...if we had Sammon up front, Goodie would be scoring heaps. 

Scott Brown - Peterhead

Gomis - Falkirk

Connolly - Falkirk

Kerr - Airdrie

Fordyce - Airdrie

Jack Leitch - Stirling

We have money and we CAN approach guys like this.

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Si Ferry I believe lives close to Cumbernauld, he would be an addition. 

Si Ferry lives close to Glasgow and his boys were playing at Clyde at one point. He’s first team coach at Peterhead though so Id imagine he’s fairly happy there. He’s what I think we need though, a moaning b*****d type that can break things up and see a pass.

2 hours ago, andyp1301 said:

Jack Leitch - Stirling

We have money and we CAN approach guys like this.

Jack Leitch has signed for Stirling again for the coming season unfortunately but he would have been a great addition. Stirling have actually signed a fair fee recently that I’d have been happy with.

Morning Jack, whether one off payments or not, the funds still nestle safely in the Club account giving the opportunity to throw money at the football requirements. Yes, the James Anderson money did have "strings attached", but I understand those were not to be used for servicing existing debt and were to help with the testing of staff for Covid- 19. But the James Anderson money is around 50% of Celtic match profit and 33% of the government money......so there is still plenty left to put a quality team on the pitch.
Match day income is not necessarily match day profit. I wonder how much (if anything) we make from a standard home match once costs are deducted, I doubt very much at all. In fact I'd go as far as to say PPV with no turnstile operators or stewarding and police costs is more profitable.
The golf day makes 10k perhaps and maybe the same for the player of the year night. The fans 20k covers that.
The other situation to which you refer....that is an agreed debt of 60k which has already been accounted for in last years accounts, I believe. The difference of opinion is not whether or not this is an agreed debt, but on the repayment method to the debtor. Again, I contend there is plenty of money available to settle this outright and move on to next season with a healthier bank balance at the start of the season than there has been for over 12 years.
With a bit of ambition and foresight from the Board this season, we would have been at the very least in the playoffs to go up a league. Everyone can see what a tight league it has turned out to be.
All I am asking is that we start to work things out for ourselves and not simply accept the constant message that we are "skint"....I may be wrong, but I am very sure we are so far away from  "skint" it's crazy.
There is the chance to seriously build a fabulous squad for next season and  it is down to the Board whether they take that opportunity, or whether they stash the money for a rainy day in case butchers shops and convenience stores run out of match sponsorship budget.

Throw money at the playing budget then what do you do when it runs out? We've already been down the route several times.

The PPV will be nowhere near the same as match day income. I've not seen recent figures but we were getting between 300 and 400 viewers earlier in the season with 900 being the highest for Thistle game. Our average match day attendance was 1k last season. We are also charging £10 for PPV compared with £17 at the gate.

The other debt we aren't supposed to discuss on here and it's no longer agreed going by the last owners update.

Considering the below was the statement on finances at the start of the season and the signings we've made in January and February then I don't think we are sitting on a wealth of funds.

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2020/06/13/6443/#.YIbYC2nTVkw

Guest andyp1301
50 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Throw money at the playing budget then what do you do when it runs out? We've already been down the route several times.

The PPV will be nowhere near the same as match day income. I've not seen recent figures but we were getting between 300 and 400 viewers earlier in the season with 900 being the highest for Thistle game. Our average match day attendance was 1k last season. We are also charging £10 for PPV compared with £17 at the gate.

The other debt we aren't supposed to discuss on here and it's no longer agreed going by the last owners update.

Considering the below was the statement on finances at the start of the season and the signings we've made in January and February then I don't think we are sitting on a wealth of funds.

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2020/06/13/6443/#.YIbYC2nTVkw

Hopefully not all the funds on hand would be needed to improve the budget and thus improve our chances of not being anywhere near our current situation league position wise. 

You have to consider the important difference between revenue (match day income) and the profit made after all expenses deducted Jack. I am sure PPV delivers more net income than average home match days.

I understand the debt is most certainly agreed and that the repayment mechanism offered by the Club is the sticking point.

I think we are sitting on at least several hundred thousand pounds.

Hopefully not all the funds on hand would be needed to improve the budget and thus improve our chances of not being anywhere near our current situation league position wise. 
You have to consider the important difference between revenue (match day income) and the profit made after all expenses deducted Jack. I am sure PPV delivers more net income than average home match days.
I understand the debt is most certainly agreed and that the repayment mechanism offered by the Club is the sticking point.
I think we are sitting on at least several hundred thousand pounds.
I understand what you are saying but very much doubt PPV is more profitable considering the number of viewers and price.

10 hours ago, Passionate said:

Would think Kerr and Fordyce would be on roughly 400 per week m ax

So £20k each per annum plus NI - lets call it £21k. A pool of 18-20 players, not all on £400, as some  will be more and come less will therefore be c £420k. Add in win bonuses, coaching staff, physio, one or two others and you have £500k+. 

Add in pension costs, bonuses , rent, travel costs, stewarding, website, admin staff, audit fees, phones, postage, stationery and you are well over £600k.

Crowds of say 700 paying an average of £12 for 20 home games = £168k (you have to take the  VAT off the £12 but lets ignore that for now).

Income from cup games is uncertain as is income from SPFL/SFA as it depends on their ability to get sponsorship for competitions etc. 

Income from sponsorship is uncertain. So is fan generated days like Golf, Xmas party, various prize draws etc.

That's a fair bit of uncertainty and a significant gap to make up. Get it wrong one way, and you cannot pay bills, get it wrong the other way and you may get relegated. 

There is a real balance to be found and it isn't that easy.

21 hours ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Who's the Forfar RB? Didn't see any evidence from our 2 recent games against them that we should be looking at any of their players. 

Guest andyp1301
33 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

So £20k each per annum plus NI - lets call it £21k. A pool of 18-20 players, not all on £400, as some  will be more and come less will therefore be c £420k. Add in win bonuses, coaching staff, physio, one or two others and you have £500k+. 

Add in pension costs, bonuses , rent, travel costs, stewarding, website, admin staff, audit fees, phones, postage, stationery and you are well over £600k.

Crowds of say 700 paying an average of £12 for 20 home games = £168k (you have to take the  VAT off the £12 but lets ignore that for now).

Income from cup games is uncertain as is income from SPFL/SFA as it depends on their ability to get sponsorship for competitions etc. 

Income from sponsorship is uncertain. So is fan generated days like Golf, Xmas party, various prize draws etc.

That's a fair bit of uncertainty and a significant gap to make up. Get it wrong one way, and you cannot pay bills, get it wrong the other way and you may get relegated. 

There is a real balance to be found and it isn't that easy.

It will be ok soon enough...we will be a mid table Lowland League Club.........