Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Sounding like Craig Howie from EK is signing, defender, bit of a jump to league one but heard he is a good player
thinkin if he was that good he’d have got snapped up by a league one/two team a while ago.

Got a pal involved with EK. Howie been turning down pro contracts for a good while ( think he enjoys ek ). Apparently great on the ball and a solid CB. Could be a good replacement for Lang

57 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He any good?

Very good. Has his critics but I’m a fan of him. Technically a very accomplished player and he has great energy. His performance last season against Edinburgh City where we won 1-0 at Broadwood brought out the best in him. We were down to 10 men for the last half an hour and his sheer tenacity and composure almost single-handedly won us the game.

2 hours ago, nickCFC58 said:

Got a pal involved with EK. Howie been turning down pro contracts for a good while ( think he enjoys ek ). Apparently great on the ball and a solid CB. Could be a good replacement for Lang

Apparently training with us tonight 

Fitzpatrick and Cuddihy listed as midfielders on the website, I imagine both will mostly used as defenders? McStay’s profile also gone.

Would imagine he’s gone then, as the new profiles of Wallace and that are updated. Either that or, since he is out of contract, he isn’t listed as he isn’t technically a player. Hopefully we can get him to sign a new contract. Would be a crucial part in us pushing forward

There’s nothing to be taken from mcstays profile not being on the website, he’s not signed yet so why would we put a profile on when he’s not technically our player. 

Theres no information to suggest he’s signing however nothing to say he’s not signing either. Time will tell. 

Theres no information to suggest he’s signing however nothing to say he’s not signing either. Time will tell. 

Almost six weeks after the playoff and he's still not re-signed.

I'd consider that as an indication that he's not likely to be back.

54 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Yep, I think it's time to move on. Give Danny the opportunity to snap someone up before someone else gets them. He's a cracking wee player and a nice lad, but we can't be waiting forever, need to look after #1. 

lots of players wait till closer to start of the season to sign for clubs I bet we have potential signings who are waiting to see if other offers come in . I don't think we need to worry I'm sure DL has plenty options Mcstay like the club is quite right to look for the best options.
plenty time and 3 friendlies coming up to look at players

so it's nearly 8 weeks since the regular season finished is that an indication that no other player in Scotland is going to sign for us ?

Think anyone hitting the panic button needs to calm down a bit. Plenty of time left. Also loans from esteemed full time clubs probably won't happen until the season begins and these clubs finalise their squads. 

so it's nearly 8 weeks since the regular season finished is that an indication that no other player in Scotland is going to sign for us ?
Not many players wait 8 weeks to re-sign for the same club.

Off hand, I can't think of any.

Not many players wait 8 weeks to re-sign for the same club.

Off hand, I can't think of any.
think he has been home to Australia?
there are loads of players out of contract and wait till very close to start of the season to sign, as always they are taking a chance that they will get the right club No idea of Chris mcstay situation or offers he has had (if any ) but I'm sure DL isn't hanging around waiting to see what he does We will have made him an offer it's up to Chris if he wants to sign on
personally if he takes 3 weeks to decide not a problem. As said earlier we are looking at loans from "esteemed clubs " I don't think our season hinges on wether Chris resigns or not delighted if he does if he doesn't that's football and will wish him all the best We have recruited Johnston who is a really creative player
I'm more concerned about getting DGW and Rankin fit for the start of the league season

Think anyone hitting the panic button needs to calm down a bit. Plenty of time left. Also loans from esteemed full time clubs probably won't happen until the season begins and these clubs finalise their squads. 
I think the success of the banks loan (not the commercial one [emoji23]) will be good for us in terms of teams loaning us players

all good [emoji106]

Very good. Has his critics but I’m a fan of him. Technically a very accomplished player and he has great energy. His performance last season against Edinburgh City where we won 1-0 at Broadwood brought out the best in him. We were down to 10 men for the last half an hour and his sheer tenacity and composure almost single-handedly won us the game.

Cheers, McCall has said he wants someone who can cover a lot of ground so he fits the bill.