Jump to content
the_bully_wee

Clyde FC; Season 2021-22

Recommended Posts

Good player but I think we could get similar standard on loan or otherwise.  I think it will be much more difficult getting suitable replacements for Lang and Grant.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think a left-back needs to be a priority. We've played chunks of seasons with no specialist full-backs and it really shows how much we lack when you do bring those types of players in. Jamie Bain signing says to me that Cuddihy is going to be back at CM this season. I agree that Livingstone didn't set the heather alight but he was a solid full-back and I'm not sure we can get a player of equal quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reality is we couldn’t compete with Cove if we were in for him. They’ve given him a 2 year deal on probably good money. 
 

We need a left back, mcniff is much better at centre back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Reality is we couldn’t compete with Cove if we were in for him. They’ve given him a 2 year deal on probably good money. 
 

We need a left back, mcniff is much better at centre back. 

Whilst it is a reality, you are left wondering who we are competing against for players. With QP/Stirling throwing money about, and the range of cash rich Lowland League (and lower) teams it looks like ourselves and Dumbarton will be scrapping around for what is left over and hoping to fight off Albion Rovers in the process.

Even given the pandemic, I would be absolutely amazed at this stage if there are four quality players (CB, LB and 2 CM) kicking about. We saw last season you can't afford to carry players in this division like you can in League 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David W said:

Whilst it is a reality, you are left wondering who we are competing against for players. With QP/Stirling throwing money about, and the range of cash rich Lowland League (and lower) teams it looks like ourselves and Dumbarton will be scrapping around for what is left over and hoping to fight off Albion Rovers in the process.

Even given the pandemic, I would be absolutely amazed at this stage if there are four quality players (CB, LB and 2 CM) kicking about. We saw last season you can't afford to carry players in this division like you can in League 2.

Unfortunately the Board are in a very difficult place. If they gamble that people will buy season tickets nearer the time OR indeed that crowds will be allowed in and we then get into trouble gain, then fans will rightly complain that this is happening too often. If they do not gamble, then they can only sign players when there is more certainty, by which time many are gone. It may not be what people want, but buying STs now (and actually before now) was the help the club needed to reduce uncertainty. 

And yes I understand all the reasons for not doing so, but these are the choices we all face...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely the wrong season to be trying to rebuild the midfield.

Looking at the players released or that didn't resign with their current club and its slim pickings. Majority of players that you would have thought could do a job for us have already signed elsewhere.

Will probably end up with a fairly young, inexperienced squad with the odd signing like Bain who have been around a bit without setting the Heather alight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Unfortunately the Board are in a very difficult place. If they gamble that people will buy season tickets nearer the time OR indeed that crowds will be allowed in and we then get into trouble gain, then fans will rightly complain that this is happening too often. If they do not gamble, then they can only sign players when there is more certainty, by which time many are gone. It may not be what people want, but buying STs now (and actually before now) was the help the club needed to reduce uncertainty. 

And yes I understand all the reasons for not doing so, but these are the choices we all face...........

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/football/bundesliga-no-fans-until-2021-germany-coronavirus-angela-merkel/article32462570.ece

We are not in as good a position as Germany afaik, so this does not bode well. We have c 12 players signed with potential for no income. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a boy on trial from amateurs, striker I think. assisted 40+ goals last season wanted by a few junior teams but Clyde his first choice.. heard good things but not too convinced amateurs to League 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...