Clyde FC; Season 2021-22

2 minutes ago, David W said:

Killie, Dunfermline, Falkirk and Dumbarton in the cup. A bit of a pain getting two teams from our league and I think we can safely say we'll not be troubling the final this year.

No long distance, possible decent crowds, no league 2 teams. I would say that overall that is a positive.

These games are this season's pre season friendlies.

Edited by SouthLanarkshireWhite

2 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

Don’t fancy our chances at all in that group.

It's hard to fancy our chances in any group of this tournaments format to be fair when you're always going to get a top flight and Championship side.

We should blow Falkirk away easily as usual but will probably lose the rest.

32 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

3rd time in 5 years we will have played Kilmarnock in this cup and 2 clubs from our league, a bit repetitive.

Apart from Killie we've actually been quite lucky in this cup for draws as it's only them and now Dumbarton we've faced more than once. The other 2 unseeded sides in our group being from the same division is a pain though.

29 minutes ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

Just been told the under 21s have folded. I'm assuming this is something that's going to be standard across the lower leagues, if it hasn't started already.

We've already "mothballed" the reserves and academy, won't be the first and you won't be the last!

They were only very loosely a Clyde team anyway and unlikely to produce anything like a regular first team player given their status and the teams they were playing against. If you are any good at the age of 19/20 you'll be in the Clyde first team.

Just been told the under 21s have folded. I'm assuming this is something that's going to be standard across the lower leagues, if it hasn't started already.
I follow them on Facebook and they've been signing players over the last couple of weeks so be surprised if that is correct.

2 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
1 hour ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

I follow them on Facebook and they've been signing players over the last couple of weeks so be surprised if that is correct.

Nah it's true. Was a shock by all accounts but I've been told off someone who's just been told their job is gone.

The "U21's"are not Clyde FC linked. They stand alone are under the community foundation which also facilitates the Mental health team Clyde United, powechair team and Clyde Ladies. Despite what is sometimes portrayed or maybe picked up as, they are not a youth setup for the 1st team.

The community teams are setup to get kids off the street and/or active at all ages.