Montrose
Dumbarton
Clyde
Forfar
Peterhead
Stranraer
Cove rangers
Edinburgh

Even if we don’t get kicked into the bottom tier and they decide to promote 2 teams and scrap relegation we are going to be a lot worse off financially.

No disrespect but swapping thistle and Falkirk for Stranraer and Edinburgh would be awful in terms of away crowds.

SPFL has fucked this big time they should have took the initiative and said any reconstruction wouldn't happen until 21/22 season at least giving clubs the chance to budget for the division they'll be in but now some are in limbo waiting to see how Hearts and Hamilton are going to f**k up the reconstruction and force it upon us in 1 summer. I am hoping the 11-1 and the 75% of lower league clubs needing to approve it fucks the 14-10-10-10/14-14-14 models.

SPFL has fucked this big time they should have took the initiative and said any reconstruction wouldn't happen until 21/22 season at least giving clubs the chance to budget for the division they'll be in but now some are in limbo waiting to see how Hearts and Hamilton are going to f**k up the reconstruction and force it upon us in 1 summer. I am hoping the 11-1 and the 75% of lower league clubs needing to approve it fucks the 14-10-10-10/14-14-14 models.
Totally correct.

This season been a kick in the teeth financially for us & all clubs

League reconstruction should not happen until Aug 21 giving everyone a chance to get their house in order but as usual that wont happen & no concern is being considered for the PT clubs living on a day to day basis[emoji17]

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Totally correct.

This season been a kick in the teeth financially for us & all clubs

League reconstruction should not happen until Aug 21 giving everyone a chance to get their house in order but as usual that wont happen & no concern is being considered for the PT clubs living on a day to day basisemoji17.png

Ironically the leagues as it stands (post vote) is looking like the most competitive and from teams like Clyde the most financially lucrative league it has been in years.

the issue of course the teams above our level seem obsessed as do the media and pundits with reconstruction. It would be great if we could mobilise opposition to reconstruction for the sake of it to suit 4/5 clubs

Concern for me is Budge has openly said in the past that she sees the lower league club as a financial drain and would be happy to see them jettisoned from the SPFL. She shouldn't be involved for that reason and she has a vested interest to stop Hearts being relegated. The "task force" shouldn't exclusively be made up of representatives from the premiership.

Decent statement from Stenny. Apologies if it’s been on elsewhere. Hope other clubs including ours does similar. We have to get our opinions and possible financial disadvantage that reorganisation presents to us and other lower league teams!

“found the statement from the SPFL staggering. Another reminder if I may, the vote was to end the season for the three leagues below the Premiership. This means relegation for two clubs. Relegation by committee, not through football, which by any standards is harsh.

And the statement from the SPFL? There will now be talks on “league restructuring, in time for season 2020-21, around an expanded Premiership model”. So no mention of the impacts on lower leagues, but assurances to the top flight that clubs in the Premiership will be looked after as the starting point for reconstruction talks. The demise of the lower league season is to trigger protection built around the needs of the Premiership.

As it stands today, the Premiership season is still live. They continue to hope to play this out “when the time is right” as they have said. But the statement says that the reconstruction “process has already been commenced today”. So reconstruction has begun, when a season in still live? The reconstruction group will be led by the two teams currently occupying the bottom two spots in the Premiership so are the two that are most likely to face relegation.

So if the Premiership season does start back up, the two teams in the drop zone have nothing to fear. They will be driving the reconstruction discussions and can keep themselves safe. Is this the sporting integrity that has been mentioned so often of late?“

Edited by FREDDYFRY

Concern for me is Budge has openly said in the past that she sees the lower league club as a financial drain and would be happy to see them jettisoned from the SPFL. She shouldn't be involved for that reason and she has a vested interest to stop Hearts being relegated. The "task force" shouldn't exclusively be made up of representatives from the premiership.

The one and only reason for reconstruction is to keep Hearts in the Premiership.

The reason for Budge heading it up is purely to ensure that is the outcome and to prevent her taking legal action against the SPFL.

Partick Thistle have went quiet because they know what the predetermined outcome will be.

The lower leagues will just be collateral damage.

One reason I support saying no to any reconstruction is so that these dodgy backroom deals fail.

38 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

The one and only reason for reconstruction is to keep Hearts in the Premiership.

The reason for Budge heading it up is purely to ensure that is the outcome and to prevent her taking legal action against the SPFL.

Partick Thistle have went quiet because they know what the predetermined outcome will be.

The lower leagues will just be collateral damage.

One reason I support saying no to any reconstruction is so that these dodgy backroom deals fail.

The optimistic view, from a financial perspective, is that they fail and we end up with the Falkirk/PT scenario.

The pessimistic view is they succeed in getting 14,10,10,10 ( or god forbid 14,14,14) through. We should absolutely be working with Dumbarton, Cove, Peterhead, Forfar and any other clubs sick of being shafted to prevent either of these. Not sure if the 75% voting required is the 3 divisions as a total , in which case they need 23 votes. I am not sure you could get 7or 8 to vote against but you sure as shit will not if you do not mobilise support. If it is 75% in each division then that is easier to block as 3 or 4 in Division 1 should vote against.

If we sit back then hell slap it into us. 

Edited by SouthLanarkshireWhite

I'm pretty sure it's the following:

1. Premier must have 11 clubs out of 12 (90%).

2. Premier and Championship must have 17 out of 22 (>75%).

3. All 42 clubs must have 32 out of 42 (>75%).

That's the reason why Budge won't even come close to suggesting Colt teams; the last time it was mentioned the League 1/2 sides voted 20-0 against.

Edited by David W

3 minutes ago, David W said:

That's the reason why Budge won't even come close to suggesting Colt teams; the last time it was mentioned the League 1/2 sides voted 20-0 against.

If the prem votes Yes it will pass then. Championship will all vote Yes. That leaves 10 to find in Div 1 and 2 to kill it. No chance I suspect.

Whatever you think of the de facto house arrest the goverment has us all under, at least it has the appearance of concern for others about it.

In contrast, what you have with this sudden talk of restructuring is Parkinson's law in action: bureaucracy expanding to fill the time available to it. Flagrant, boredom induced meddling by the footall authorities, now made into something with an almost sinister face by fact of those authorities empowering Ann Budge and Les Gray to lead the charge. How in any conscience those two were given the gig, I guess we'll never know. But it'd be a laugh, if nothing else, for the authorites to make their thinking transparent on that point.

This is the point of peak absurdity in our game I think. Shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic doesn't quite capture it...

Yeah this is the requirement for reconstruction. Would really need the premiership to vote against 14-14-14 to stop it.

14-10-10-10 is about the fairest outcome although clubs in 3rd and 4th would disagree. Financially wouldn't be great for us but could have a good chance of making the promotion play offs.

2 minutes ago, Old John said:

Whatever you think of the de facto house arrest the goverment has us all under, at least it has the appearance of concern for others about it.

In contrast, what you have with this sudden talk of restructuring is Parkinson's law in action: bureaucracy expanding to fill the time available to it. Flagrant, boredom induced meddling by the footall authorities, now made into something with an almost sinister face by fact of those authorities empowering Ann Budge and Les Gray to lead the charge. How in any conscience those two were given the gig, I guess we'll never know. But it'd be a laugh, if nothing else, for the authorites to make their thinking transparent on that point.

This is the point of peak absurdity in our game I think. Shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic doesn't quite capture it...

Indeed

1 minute ago, Jack Burton said:

Yeah this is the requirement for reconstruction. Would really need the premiership to vote against 14-14-14 to stop it.

14-10-10-10 is about the fairest outcome although clubs in 3rd and 4th would disagree. Financially wouldn't be great for us but could have a good chance of making the promotion play offs.

Why is 14-18-12 not fairest?

3 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Why is 14-18-12 not fairest?

For similar reasons for us not wanting to go to three leagues of 14 with us suddenly being stuck with mostly current League 2 sides. There's no reason to "promote" the whole of League 1 into the second tier which would be equally unfair on Championship sides who've earned being a division above us.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

5 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

For similar reasons for us not wanting to go to three leagues of 14 with us suddenly being stuck with mostly current League 2 sides. There's no reason to "promote" the whole of League 1 into the second tier which would be equally unfair on Championship sides who've earned being a division above us.

Ahhh. Frankly Clyde's survival is first and foremost in my head. No reconstruction we play Falkirk, PTFC etc. Reconstruction we do not. Unfair, so for me 18 is fairer.

I f we do not speak up for ourselves no one else will.

Players I would keep next season 

If we are in financial trouble as it stands I can’t see us keeping a hold of Grant and McStay.. Ally Love will probably need to take a pay cut and already turned down more money to stay with Clyde from junior clubs, keep Rankin and Lamont on a fair wage, only a couple of seasons ago Wylde was in England and liked by fans get him fit I think he could be a player, I would keep Darren Smith for back up if he was to take a wage cut and don’t think we have seen the best from Chris Johnston.. wouldn’t bother me seeing Syvertsen go and the rest of the players out of contract maybe keep Duffie for backup as well 

Edit - would take all the Loans permanently but cant see that happening.

Edited by BullyWeeLad
Loans