Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Forgive my ignorance... but why would we not exist? Assume everyone is on furlough bar for the 20% of player wages. Sure our income has dried up but our outgoings should be negligible... and hopefully covered by the donations which have been/are being raised?
Do we still have to pay rent on the stadium and other recurring costs? I don't know what 20% of players salaries amounts to.

I don't know the answers

Hopefully you're right and I've got my knickers in a twist about something that won't happen.

I doubt we will be signing anyone or even giving new contracts until there is some clarity over when next season will be starting, so that will leave us with the players currently on 2 years deals. Can’t remember who they all are: goodie, Mitchell, mcniff plus a few others.

Big concern will be the size of next seasons budget. The hall of fame, golf day, player of the year and remaining hospitality will all be lost.

With talks of reconstruction there will be a huge difference for us between playing Falkirk and Thistle compared to Cove and Edinburgh. The sooner they get that sorted the better.

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Do we still have to pay rent on the stadium and other recurring costs? I don't know what 20% of players salaries amounts to.

I don't know the answers

Hopefully you're right and I've got my knickers in a twist about something that won't happen.

You're probably correct. Hadn't considered rent. Do we pay monthly or is it a percentage of gate? If it's the latter then obviously not that big a deal at the minute!

Big concern will be the size of next seasons budget. The hall of fame, golf day, player of the year and remaining hospitality will all be lost.

With talks of reconstruction there will be a huge difference for us between playing Falkirk and Thistle compared to Cove and Edinburgh. The sooner they get that sorted the better.
This ^^

Agreed club needs to come first. Of the players not signed -

Would keep 

McGee (cheap backup) 

Grant 

Mcstay 

Rankin

Love 

Syvertsen 

Would release 

Duffie 

Lamont 

Lyon

Wylde 

Fitzpatrick

Smith

Lang, Livingstone and Cunningham back to parent clubs. If Livingstone got released from Motherwell I’d have him back permanently. 

I wouldn’t be bothered if we kept Lyon as he was much better this season then last, still not convinced though. 

Looks like the board are forcing themselves To prepare for the worst case scenario with reconstruction placing us in  lowest league. Fingers crossed that’s not the case and we are slightly better off. 

I assume everyone will be in same position. At least we will have a team to watch It seems 

Quite obvious DL DGW and Mitchells extensions were not built around lowest league football..

No one could on earth predict what has happened and every player out of contract at each club needs to expect a wage drop unless sponsors can be found..

If 3x14 is passed i think were in serious bother of survival again just my opinion

Wages will be significantly down at most clubs next season. Would not want to be in a bottom league with Cove, Queens Park and Kelty who will all be able to easily out spend the rest.

Any reconstruction would need an 11 to 1 majority from the premiership teams which will be difficult to get.

IMHO we should vote no to any of the reconstruction plans that have been mooted.

It seems everyone else is voting out of self interest. So should we.

Just make sure our vote goes in early and don't make any promises to anyone on WhatsApp.