Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

I’ve posted a question on this on the Board Q & A, asking if they have a strategy planned for such a decision, whether they can respond to something that is speculation is another matter. 
Wont do any harm is others ask the same or similar so they know the strength of feeling on this, we will be fighting a lone battle on this I feel.

8 hours ago, TheBigGuy said:

I'll be glad to see any football anytime soon. Really pessimistic at the moment. 

Nice video just released by the club on our YouTube channel.

A wee challenge to pass some time; can anyone spot the mistake in the DGW video?

I personally don't like the idea of league reconstruction being thrust upon on us in one summer especially when the current season isn't finished, the leagues do need it but I'd rather we were given season 20/21 to use as your league position to decide which division a team ended up.

I'd like to see a 16 - 16 - 10 model the two 16s would split after 30 games.

19 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

The twelve are not going to vote to share their big percentage with 4 more clubs, so the starting position will have to be something close to 12 and if it is bigger then only for a short period of time.

In theory, you could keep the prize money exactly the same as it is right now. So in a 16 team Premier, the club finishing in 15th place would receive exactly as much cash as the club finishing 3rd in the Championship does right now. I'm not totally sure i buy that as the reason for rejecting expanded leagues.

Edited by Gordon EF

If I was to guess I think 14-10-10-10 would be most likely chosen structure.

I'd also expect it to be for one season only as there's no way the premiership teams would want to split the money longer than deemed necessary.
Assuming there's enough time to fit a full season in.

5 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

I personally don't like the idea of league reconstruction being thrust upon on us in one summer especially when the current season isn't finished, the leagues do need it but I'd rather we were given season 20/21 to use as your league position to decide which division a team ended up.

I'd like to see a 16 - 16 - 10 model the two 16s would split after 30 games.

I'd like that, but can't see it. Assuming you wouldn't play as many as 44 games, that would mean only playing one game against each side after the split. We all know they won't consider any model  that has fewer than four Celtic Rangers games.

14-10-10-10 would be relatively fair as it wouldn't be a massive shifting of the goal posts.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

6 hours ago, TheBigGuy said:

Goal at Hampden?

I'd not include that one personally; for me he's on 77 goals. Not that though.

33 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Brace at Stenny is in the wrong order

Bingo.

11 minutes ago, David W said:

I'd not include that one personally; for me he's on 77 goals. Not that though.

Bingo.

I mind McStay scoring a screamer at the terracing end early on in that game which made me tipple

Edited by C. Muir

5 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

What was the issue with the goal at Hampden? I can’t remember.

The match in question ended up going down as a 3-0 defeat cause we fielded an ineligible player

The likes of Hamilton or St Mirren are unlikely to vote for that you get over £1 million for finishing 12th or above while 16th would get you £200 to £300k.

In theory, you could keep the prize money exactly the same as it is right now. So in a 16 team Premier, the club finishing in 15th place would receive exactly as much cash as the club finishing 3rd in the Championship does right now. I'm not totally sure i buy that as the reason for rejecting expanded leagues.

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Shall we just assume it is all under control then?

Very much doubt it as I suspect you know, will be out of our control and be a 14 team league but no one will care except us as it’s only a Diddy team