Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

I am in two minds about this - Lennon has security at Clyde, a great squad who he has a great relationship with as well as great backroom staff.

Thistle are struggling financially and the last thing he needs as he rebuilds his reputation is relegation. However, they can probably offer him more money. Depends what he values most.

I’m concerned and would feel utterly betrayed if he went to the jags

I am in two minds about this - Lennon has security at Clyde, a great squad who he has a great relationship with as well as great backroom staff.

Thistle are struggling financially and the last thing he needs as he rebuilds his reputation is relegation. However, they can probably offer him more money. Depends what he values most.

I’m concerned and would feel utterly betrayed if he went to the jags
plenty full time jobs have came up and lennon wasnt offered any of them .He was out of work for a while before coming to us so this idea that he is a sought after manager doesnt really stand up
He like every player will do what he thinks is right for him and quite rightly too I will be delighted if he stays for at least the remainder of his contract and beyond.

Interesting that you have Partick fans on this thread demanding Danny Lennon and on our thread demanding Ian McCall. 

Looking forwards to meltdown when Kenny Miller is being announced. 

Edited by Hawk89

17 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Interesting that you have Partick fans on this thread demanding Danny Lennon and on our thread demanding Ian McCall. 

Looking forwards to meltdown when Kenny Miller is being announced. 

Already distanced himself from it last night much in the same way McCall did due to his respect for Archie. Would be surprised if we didn't end up with one of them. 

3 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

When a bigger club comes in for your manager and we can afford him, you wouldn't be able to hold him. If we want him, we will get him.

Not always the case, McCall turned down Falkirk last year who financially dwarf Ayr. It would very much depend on the loyalties of Danny Lennon and if he feels he has unfinished business at Clyde. Partick from the outside looking in would appear to be a basket case at present, there may be more money available but would it be a wise move? You just need to look at how many managers Sunderland have run through in the last few years. 

Got to laugh at the Thistle fans attitude. "If we want him, we will have him".

It's not as simple as that when You're a sinking ship at the bottom of the Championship and your big money backer has recently done a runner as well. 

If Danny goes good luck to him but I hope that he will stay with us given the momentum behind the club and the fact hes doing a great job here.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

"I am really delighted to be committing my immediate future to Clyde. This is a great club, with a proud history. I have fallen in love with the club in my time here and I am really enjoying my football. That is incredibly important to me. It is an honour to serve the fans, the players, the coaches and the board as manager of this wonderful club. My focus and ambition in committing my future to Clyde is to work together with everyone associated with the club to write an exciting and memorable chapter in the history of Clyde; a chapter where everyone is proud of the football we play and the progress we make. I think we can do something special and I will be giving everything I can to make our ambitions a reality."
"I am delighted to have committed my future to Clyde with a new contract for the next couple of years at least. I am enjoying my football here. I took this job 18 months ago, when our club was at the bottom end of league. I believed I could help this great club fulfil its full potential and move up the leagues. Look how far WE have come in those 18 months. Phase one of that ambition is complete. Now onto phase two. As a player, I captained Partick Thistle to back-to-back promotions. As a manager, I led Cowdenbeath to back-to-back promotions. What can WE achieve, TOGETHER, at Clyde? I would love to have history repeat itself. Why not? OUR ambition should not be to simply survive in League 1, but to thrive. OUR mentality must be to build on our momentum, keep giving our maximum and make positive things happen for everyone associated with Clyde FC."
Sorry, but of what I've seen and heard from Danny Lennon during his time here, he simply does not strike me as the type of guy who would jump ship for a fatter pay cheque.
We are finally a club going places once again with a talented squad, impressive infrastructure and cracking potential. He has done a tremendous job so far and is very much riding the crest of a wave with the backing of everyone associated with Clyde.
Speculate away, but how do we know if he is even interested in a better deal or full-time employment?
football is littered with Im here for the long haul great club proud history blah blah

maybe lennon would turn down full time position , more money in a league above who knows but I wouldnt put two bob on him staying out of a "love for clyde " like everyone he is a proffesional and he will do whats best for him and his family not just in terms of money but quality of life etc and he is right to do so.

2 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Feels like we’ve barely played at Broadwood. This season Aside from the pitch instalment, by the start of November we will have played three “double aways” in the league. The club must be losing quite a bit of money. 

Think the only plus on that is one home game was Falkirk and there was well over 2000 of a crowd. 

When a bigger club comes in for your manager and we can afford him, you wouldn't be able to hold him. If we want him, we will get him.

Lennon turned down Raith last year, a team he also has history with and that were a league above, and financially better off, than we were. On the radio he said it’s because he wants to bring Clyde up the leagues. I’m unsure about the whole thing but can’t see a financially broken and 9th placed thistle being that attractive an offer

3 minutes ago, nickCFC58 said:

Lennon turned down Raith last year, a team he also has history with and that were a league above, and financially better off, than we were. On the radio he said it’s because he wants to bring Clyde up the leagues. I’m unsure about the whole thing but can’t see a financially broken and 11th placed thistle being that attractive an offer

Thistle must be even shitter than I thought if they're 11th in a 10 team league!