Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

2 minutes ago, Rugby Is Terrible said:

Would this be your stance if it was your wife/daughter or other loved one was the victim? 

Forget DG for a second.

Do you really advocate for a system where someone's life can be ruined and the burden of proof didn't even need to be met? 

I don't want any serious case decided where it doesn't meet legal definitions or it isn't proven beyond believable doubt. 

If someone is guilty of a crime then they should be taken to a criminal court and dealt with. 

Otherwise we have a two tiered legal system, double jeopardy and people being considered guilty in the public eye despite having not broken the law.

2 minutes ago, BullyWee Craig said:

Forget DG for a second.

Do you really advocate for a system where someone's life can be ruined and the burden of proof didn't even need to be met? 

I don't want any serious case decided where it doesn't meet legal definitions or it isn't proven beyond believable doubt. 

If someone is guilty of a crime then they should be taken to a criminal court and dealt with. 

Otherwise we have a two tiered legal system, double jeopardy and people being considered guilty in the public eye despite having not broken the law.

That doesn’t answer the question. Would your stance be exactly the same if it was your daughter or wife who was the victim? 

2 minutes ago, Rugby Is Terrible said:

That doesn’t answer the question. Would your stance be exactly the same if it was your daughter or wife who was the victim? 

I'm not sure why you think that would change my stance on the legal issues of taking a rape case to court. 

The answer however is yes. It would be horrible they went through it but there is a reason for legal definitions, burden of proof and it shouldn't be ignored. 

4 minutes ago, BullyWee Craig said:

I'm not sure why you think that would change my stance on the legal issues of taking a rape case to court. 

The answer however is yes. It would be horrible they went through it but there is a reason for legal definitions, burden of proof and it shouldn't be ignored. 

Oh my god

11 minutes ago, BullyWee Craig said:

To be clear you’d continued to cheer on and help pay the wages of a man your wife/daughter accused of rape and in a civil court was found on the balance of probabilities to have raped your wife/daughter?

4 minutes ago, Rugby Is Terrible said:

To be clear you’d continued to cheer on and help pay the wages of a man your wife/daughter accused of rape and in a civil court was found on the balance of probabilities to have raped your wife/daughter?

I think what's clear at this point is this laddie is a pellet.

4 minutes ago, Rugby Is Terrible said:

So you think people writing the law should only consider emotions and how they would feel should it be their family member? 

Using an emotional argument doesn't make you right, it's likely to lead to a really bad legal system though if you implement it across the board.

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Which facts?

The fact he was never found guilty

The fact he isn't rapist 

The fact that those who know and understand criminal law found insufficient evidence 

The fact that taking rape cases to civil court is extremely dangerous because of its low bar for burden of proof.

2 minutes ago, BullyWee Craig said:

The fact he was never found guilty

The fact he isn't rapist 

The fact that those who know and understand criminal law found insufficient evidence 

The fact that taking rape cases to civil court is extremely dangerous because of its low bar for burden of proof.

Points 1-3 are all the same thing and point 4 is your opinion.

24 minutes ago, BullyWee Craig said:

The fact he isn't rapist 

A bold claim. The PF not having enough evidence to convict him doesn't mean Goodwillie isn't a rapist. The lifting your doing here says a lot, and that is far more worrying than Goodwillie becoming bankrupt through a civil case after (in all probability) raping someone. 

25 minutes ago, BullyWee Craig said:

With regards to your first point, he was found guilty in a civil court so saying he isn’t guilty makes no sense. 

With regards to this point. Given how it’s a dangerous precedent in your eyes given the “ low bar for burden of proof”, do you think that if the burden of  evidence of rape cases in Scotland  w( and the UK) with regard to criminal court wasn’t set up the way it is and therefore very difficult to fulfil the criteria ( resulting in huge drops in the rate of rape convictions in the process) he would maybe have been tried in a criminal court? 

If the burden of proof in a civil court is too low in your eyes, yet all the evidence and data suggests that the reason that rape cases are being convicted less and less in criminal courts is because the burden is too high, what do you suggest rape victims do to get justice? In your head do they get justice? Do criminals just get away with it? 

If the PF doesn’t find enough evidence to convict in a criminal court does that mean it didn’t happen? If a tree falls in the woods etc 

Edited by Ocelot1877

1 hour ago, BullyWee Craig said:

Just reading this again, an absolutely mind boggling take