Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

9 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_taking_of_evidence-76-sc-maximizeMS_EJN-en.do?member=1

Balance of probabilities.

For all the armchair legal professionals present on this platform, that means demonstrating to others that something could realistically have happened.

In a rape case, that basically involves proving that a sexual interaction took place and casting enough uncertainty regarding consent. As soon as it is established that alcohol played a factor then a civil court are only ever going to rule in favour of the accuser.

It’s understandable why they would take this stance but sets a very dangerous precedent indeed.

The question was what do civil courts rely on? The answer is evidence. The burden of proof is how that evidence is weighted and the case decided.

Your second part about casting uncertainty is quite interesting in terms of attitude towards victims. Were you the defence lawyer?

Danny Lennon stated at the fan meeting that he'd like a creative midfielder.

That was in October.

Here we are in the arse end of January and no signings other than (Goodwillie replacement?) Jamieson.

Last night, although enjoyable in hindsight, was embarrassing in performance.

Right side of defence continuously ripped apart.

Defenders blindly kicking the ball up field to the opposition. Not one defender had the composure or talent to pass the ball to a Clyde shirt.

Midfield didn't exist. They constantly lost the ball in the tackle or misplaced a pass. Airdrie ran though them like Boris Johnson though birthday cake.

And I'll not even mention Jones up front.

I genuinely thought we have players lined up to sign for us on January 1st.

It looks like we're waiting on loan signings that are the left overs after other teams have had their fill.

i don't know why you would want to defend something that you have no control over whatsoever

it is not like Clyde fans are responsible for what goes on on the pitch or in the boardroom is it , Same at all other clubs 

As an Alloa fan a case in point the appointment of BF and the stooshie from saturdays cup tie (hammer throwing contest apparently according to sellick fans ) . I am sure 100% of you would wish what goodwillie did didn,t happen at all , but then where would he be playing now ?

don't feel like you have to defend yourselves , let the board do that . 

Going on to saturdays game , you guys seem to never know when to give up ,absorb lots of pressure and still get a result 

quite a good trait , will be a difficult game .Clyde now seem capaple of holding thier own against anybody in this league now .

Please to hear Danny mention or at least recognise we really need a proper CM. Although I agree he said that months ago.

For what it’s worth I’d 100% have Barry Cuddihy at RB (assuming we get a CM) he is at present probably our best option in midfield but I actually think in L1 he is limited. However at this level he is a very good full back. It would also solve the main issue of our weakness down the right side. Again assuming we get a decent midfield player in!

32 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Someone in the Stenhousemuir FC thread suggested the club were keen on bringing in Mark Lamont.

It's probably just tittle-tattle but nevertheless: who is Mark Lamont and will be make the team better?

There's a decent player in there somewhere. Doesn't appear fit half the time, though and can come across as lazy sometimes. Did score some important goals for us in League One & Two.

17 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

This comment is absolutely astonishing and pathetic in equal measure.

There is a reason most countries don't accept rape case in civil courts and just 5 mins research would have explained why.

https://www.scottishlegal.com/articles/dr-stuart-waiton-civil-rape-cases

Good luck working out whether this man was innocent or guilty, but you won't find the answer in a civil court.

Maybe try and educate yourself on the matter before calling other people's comments pathetic.

42 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Someone in the Stenhousemuir FC thread suggested the club were keen on bringing in Mark Lamont.

It's probably just tittle-tattle but nevertheless: who is Mark Lamont and will be make the team better?

When he is on it he is very good.  I think of the matches against Falkirk in particular when he was key to us winning.  Frustratingly these games became less and less as his time at the club went on but even last season against Dumbarton towards the end of the season we saw what he was capable of one more time scoring a peach and being directly involved in the second goal too.  

If you can tap in to that version of him it would be a great signing.  

45 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

There are literally two Mark Lamonts. One that recently played for Clyde, and most recently was on loan at Broomhill from Alloa. The other has just been released by Dumbarton having also played with East Fife and Stranraer.

The one that played for us had his moments but was really found wanting in L1 and it was clear he knew his level and couldn't be bothered as a result of things not going for him. I still think he'd do a job in L2, if he can be arsed.

The other had a tremendous mane of hair, but he seemed to have got rid of that this season. Not sure that helps you re: footballing ability but I feel like it's relevant.

5 minutes ago, BullyWee Craig said:

There is a reason most countries don't accept rape case in civil courts and just 5 mins research would have explained why.

https://www.scottishlegal.com/articles/dr-stuart-waiton-civil-rape-cases

Good luck working out whether this man was innocent or guilty, but you won't find the answer in a civil court.

Maybe try and educate yourself on the matter before calling other people's comments pathetic.

aaand it just gets worse from you. Cool man.

16 hours ago, BWAClyde said:

Interesting to see he is using Cunningham's number

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

This was interesting, although you obviously need to take squad numbers with a pinch of salt in L1 and L2.

I seem to remember when Goodwillie came on against Cowdenbeath for his debut he was wearing number 3.

According to our squad list on wiki, Cunningham has taken the vacant 7 giving Jamieson 10.