Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

7 minutes ago, macclyde+ said:

And Dumbarton just signed another player - on loan this time.

Seems they have a recruitment team who actually do what it says on the tin !

I agree to an extent, but would you really want Wylde and Bronski?

1 minute ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Possibly not but they also signed a big Centre Forward from down South who scored on his debut, and now a highly rated teenage CH from Dundee United.

Might not prove to be great signings - who knows, but at least they're TRYING something.

What have our recruitment team come up with so far ? Hope I'm proved wrong, but not at all confident I won't be !

I don’t disagree agree, I’ve been as critical as anyone regarding our so css as led recruitment team. However, that said on the evidence of the version of Wylde that pitched up with us and d be raging if he signed.

I also get that he seemed to have a decent game last week so maybe he got his finger out of his backside and got fit, certainly did nothing of the sort with us!

1 hour ago, FREDDYFRY said:

2 more players in is better than 0. With Deveneys loan coming to an end you would like to think they would have someone else lined up to come in on loan. Looking pretty doubtful we will sign anyone though

1 hour ago, Jack Phillips said:

2 more players in is better than 0. With Deveneys loan coming to an end you would like to think they would have someone else lined up to come in on loan. Looking pretty doubtful we will sign anyone though

So, you would give a player of the standard of Wylde, on the evidence of what we witnessed at Broadwood when he was, here a wage just for the sake of a body to add to numbers?

Edited by FREDDYFRY

So, you would give a player of the standard of Wylde, on the evidence of what we witnessed at Broadwood when he was, here a wage just for the sake of a body to add to numbers?

I wasn’t necessarily talking about Gregg Wylde when I said that. I was more meaning that it’s better us bringing in 2 bodies than 0 because there will probably come a time when we go through another spell of injuries and will need some players to cover that. Also the current squad doesn’t have enough depth and options off the bench are pretty poor.

In regard to Gregg Wylde I can only speak from what I saw when he was at us. The Bonnyrigg Rose game which might have been his debut I remember him being very slow and a bit over weight and he didn’t put in any memorable performances after that which I can remember. If he were to sign for us today I wouldn’t be to pleased based off his last spell with us but at least it would give us another option at best and a more experienced head coming off the bench compared to the younger boys we have that haven’t done much since their loan recall.

As long as we do enough to remain in league one this year I’ll be happy as we can try and build a better team for next season and hopefully the management learn from this season that proper recruitment is needed. But I do think we need 1 or 2 players during this window and would be essential to help us stay in the league. With the clear incompetence of the so called recruitment team the only signings I can see is making is maybe a few last minute loan signings at best.

Airdrieonians

Queen's Park

Alloa Athletic

Forfar Athletic

Annan Athletic

Stranraer

^^^Interesting to see that three other teams with L2 squads haven't managed to find anyone they fancy signing yet either. I wonder if they have recruitment teams.

Even more remarkable I suppose is the fact that Barry Ferguson hasn't signed anyone.

Think you will find across all levels of football you don’t get much value in January window v close season

With any player of the required standard likely to be under contract then best can hope for is a loan or two

What I do hope is that the board doesn’t  caves in to letting DGW go for something like £50k in the last couple of days of the window leaving no opportunity to bring in the required replacement(s) for him

Personally I wouldn’t let him move now and let him leave in the summer if there is suitable offer as his 10-15 goals in the 2nd half of the season will be invaluable

58 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Personally I wouldn’t let him move now and let him leave in the summer if there is suitable offer as his 10-15 goals in the 2nd half of the season will be invaluable

10-15 goals based on him wanting to stay and being interested- if he’s desperate to go - why would he bother if he doesn’t get his wishes?

1 hour ago, Shetto Clyde Man said:

10-15 goals based on him wanting to stay and being interested- if he’s desperate to go - why would he bother if he doesn’t get his wishes?

I'd like to think Goodie would think enough of the club to be 100% professional until the summer or worst case Vs Alloa next Sat. The guy has been backed exceptionally in his time here.

Edited by TheBigGuy

On 26/12/2021 at 20:39, Greenmachine said:

Anything would be better than watching that utter crap you watch every week.Talentless bangers.

That’ll be Annan European champions now eh. At least yer big team have a chance against Alloa.

The Wire Laugh GIF

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

4 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

That’ll be Annan European champions now eh. At least yer big team have a chance against Alloa.

The Wire Laugh GIF

If Annan are that good what does that make Benburb after scudding them 4-0 a few weeks back, or Kirkintilloch Rob Roy who came back from 2-0 to win 3-2. Class stuff.