Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

13 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Jeez. That seems like a pretty major way to mis-hear something. As Shawfielder says above, if that is the case (and can be corroborated) then Shay should probably be apologising to Clyde publicly for a misunderstanding. 

As should the Sun for their Headline!

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Jeez. That seems like a pretty major way to mis-hear something. As Shawfielder says above, if that is the case (and can be corroborated) then Shay should probably be apologising to Clyde publicly for a misunderstanding. 

With hardly anyone at the game yesterday you could pretty much hear anything that was said.  I was sitting in the middle of stand and didnt hear anything and certainly didnt hear anything such as monkey chants.

As others have said there was a commotion to the left of me towards the end of the first half between a few fans and one of the stewards and basically it was the best entertainment of the day as there was nothing on the pitch.

Dont know what was said between the fans, steward and the cove subs.  Thought it was to do with the steward standing in the way of the game but it may be the alleged comment.  If so there was about a 50 fans closer to me than the incident who can  hopefully confirm what was said.

If it turns out to be a mis-hearing of what was said then Logan should publicly apologise via his twitter account to the club and the Clyde fans and the various press channels who ran with the story basically on what he heard or think he heard.

If there is any truth in what is said then hopefully the culprit is found and they are banned from Broadwood for life as we dont need idiots like this in the game.

Agree with above completely. I sit pretty near where the commotion with the steward seemed to take place. Also never heard the alleged comment or any “monkey chant.

The shout about getting back in your box is actually pretty common towards managers at Broadwood, it seems to be a favourite comment from a couple of individuals around the stand aimed at many managers, particularly against Hartley who seems to irritate our fans.

Looks like no one other than the cove official heard the word "monkey".

Since there are quite a few fans around that area and the official was a few metres away you'd have expected others to hear it if it happened.

I strongly suspect he misheard.

The truth is without baggage, given he has  18 months of contract left, to an English club £500k is small change given his footballing record. Many have traded for far more with inferior records.

Very few proven goal scorers with his top flight pedigree will be available at this critical period of the season. It’s small change given the TV money and what promotion and relegation would mean down south.

Also his wages, I would guess, will be tiny relative to League One or Two in England. It must be an attractive option to some despite ‘baggage.’

We don’t really know if he wants away or not but if he does and if it was my call I would be inclined to say to Falkirk or any other direct competitor no price but also say I would not stand in his way either at the end of the season or now for a proper English deal. In any negotiation view the value not in Clyde Scottish League One context but what is is worth to the bidder.

this could be a genuine chance to really move the dial and build up some reserves for a proper push. Players of this caliber don’t grow on trees. I do hope your board has the confidence here as this is possibly your best chance for a really big pay day for a good while. Don’t blow it!

21 hours ago, support the underdog said:

The truth is without baggage, given he has  18 months of contract left, to an English club £500k is small change given his footballing record. Many have traded for far more with inferior records.

Very few proven goal scorers with his top flight pedigree will be available at this critical period of the season. It’s small change given the TV money and what promotion and relegation would mean down south.

Also his wages, I would guess, will be tiny relative to League One or Two in England. It must be an attractive option to some despite ‘baggage.’

We don’t really know if he wants away or not but if he does and if it was my call I would be inclined to say to Falkirk or any other direct competitor no price but also say I would not stand in his way either at the end of the season or now for a proper English deal. In any negotiation view the value not in Clyde Scottish League One context but what is is worth to the bidder.

this could be a genuine chance to really move the dial and build up some reserves for a proper push. Players of this caliber don’t grow on trees. I do hope your board has the confidence here as this is possibly your best chance for a really big pay day for a good while. Don’t blow it!

This is... wild, in so many ways.

I don’t think you will get £500K given the circumstances but the money in England is wild. 

DGW has shown an ability to play at a very high level and is a proven goal scorer, albeit at a modest level now, but In a team which otherwise struggles.

His true level remains at SPL level  which probably equates to league One in England. £500K is not big money relative to what is at stake. 

Dont get me wrong hope he stays and you guys have a decent season but he’s worth much more than Falkirk  could pay.

16 hours ago, champions said:

£500k for a 32 year old L1 striker???

😂😂😂

You should probably hold another poll amongst your membership as to the fee acceptable in the circumstance. It's a pity you missed out on Philippe Coutinho, the membership must be raging that Holt couldn't get this over the line before being papped.... Anyway still enjoyed the 3 points during the festive period.....

8 hours ago, Highland Bully Wee said:

You should probably hold another poll amongst your membership as to the fee acceptable in the circumstance. It's a pity you missed out on Philippe Coutinho, the membership must be raging that Holt couldn't get this over the line before being papped.... Anyway still enjoyed the 3 points during the festive period.....

Maybe Clyde should pay Falkirk for taking a rapist?

To be honest I’m pretty sure the £500k was tongue in cheek. Most Clyde fans are probably of the opinion tat due to his ‘baggage’ we realistically be looking  £75k. Although £100k would be nice and much nearer his worth in terms of his undoubted ability.

Although we would all much rather he stayed where he was as he can’t really be replaced!

Edited by FREDDYFRY

10 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

To be honest I’m pretty sure the £500k was tongue in cheek. Most Clyde fans are probably of the opinion tat due to his ‘baggage’ we realistically be looking  £75k. Although £100k would be nice and much nearer his worth in terms of his undoubted ability.

Yeah would say £100k is a fair and reasonable fee for DGW with 18 months left on his contract