Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

20 minutes ago, jagfox OG said:

Yes, the club are investigating. IF found guilty, the individual/s should be banned for life. The club tweeted and put an article on the website about carrying out an investigation but it has subsequently been deleted. I’m sure we’ll find out more in due course.

22 minutes ago, Harry Haddock said:

The accusation is ludicrous.The person alleged to have made the racist chant was sitting within yards of me . I can categorically state this is pure bunkum.

I hope this statement is taken onboard by those investigating the issue.  

The fact that the player has started to compile a list of incidents seems like starting with a conclusion and working backwards to find evidence. 

It seems likely that a shout of “Hey, get back in your box, Hartley” has somehow been misheard by a Cove official as “Shay, get back in your box, monkey”.  Police now involved.

3 hours ago, Harry Haddock said:

The accusation is ludicrous.The person alleged to have made the racist chant was sitting within yards of me . I can categorically state this is pure bunkum.

What did they actually say?

I'm not taking sides here or doubting you. Just intrigued.

34 minutes ago, WBR said:

It seems likely that a shout of “Hey, get back in your box, Hartley” has somehow been misheard by a Cove official as “Shay, get back in your box, monkey”.  Police now involved.

If this is true, the police and the SFA need to have a serious talk to Logan, 

Daily Record claim , on his Twitter he claimed he was the victim of vile monkey chants and went on to list a series of chants he claims were aimed at him.

Hope the police investigate this properly, and the outcome should be made as public as the complaint

Just now, Adolfo Rios said:
3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:
What did they actually say?
I'm not taking sides here or doubting you. Just intrigued.

"Get back in yer box Hartley"

Jeez. That seems like a pretty major way to mis-hear something. As Shawfielder says above, if that is the case (and can be corroborated) then Shay should probably be apologising to Clyde publicly for a misunderstanding. 

Jeez. That seems like a pretty major way to mis-hear something. As Shawfielder says above, if that is the case (and can be corroborated) then Shay should probably be apologising to Clyde publicly for a misunderstanding. 
A lot going on I would imagine between Clyde investigation and I would hope Cove doing similar.