Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

13 hours ago, Shetto Clyde Man said:

Agree with majority of this, the one telling factor is how far Falkirk are willing to go now that Raith appear to have succumbed to fan power. 
age aside he’s the top scorer in Scotland, and he is halfway through his contract. 
correct we don’t want a disgruntled player, but he cannot be allowed to leave for peanuts.

will Falkirk be prepared to meet the valuation of the club?

Suppose comes down to what valuation the club puts on him.

I would be disappointed if less than £75k+ and at that level would price Falkirk out of the market.

12 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Suppose comes down to what valuation the club puts on him.

I would be disappointed if less than £75k+ and at that level would price Falkirk out of the market.

Spot on in regards to valuation in my opinion, and agree Falkirk won’t pay that , but does Goody then try and force the clubs hand ? 
As SSB says above - long January ahead

Relegation could cost a lot more than £75k. For me there is no price if he is happy to stay. If he isn't, then we need funds to take on a couple of decent strikers at this level on 2 year contracts and maybe a decent midfielder.

3 players at £400 pw for 2 years = approaching £150k with NI/bonuses. That's the starting position for me. If no one wants to at that price, c'est la vie.

The wage savings from him leaving would then be available to invest over next couple of seasons in other areas. 

Like all of you I would be gutted if Goodie left but if the unthinkable happens he will leave with my best wishes and a massive thank you for saving us from the abyss which we were facing. He will always be one of greatest players I have witnessed in a Clyde strip and will always be a hero to me. Anyone going on Saturday let him hear just how much he means to us.

3 hours ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Like all of you I would be gutted if Goodie left but if the unthinkable happens he will leave with my best wishes and a massive thank you for saving us from the abyss which we were facing. He will always be one of greatest players I have witnessed in a Clyde strip and will always be a hero to me. Anyone going on Saturday let him hear just how much he means to us.

^^^Ma and Dad's Anniversary photo.

NINTCHDBPICT000657888811.jpg

If goodie does leave this January the big question is who on earth do we bring in to replace his goals ? I personally don’t think there’s any striker in the championship or below that could fill the void left by him if he does go. And with the abysmal recruitment team I think it would be a horrendous second half of the season if we have to rely on Jones and Tade as our main strikers. 

While Clyde have built up a bit of a cushion DGW is irreplaceable really. Clearly he has been a massive bonus even if he does go and by all accounts has been a model professional. Whatever the rights or wrongs of his history redemption and the opportunity to atone is a virtue.

I hope he stays but if not drive a very hard bargain . The £75kmentioned on this thread seems very low for a player who frankly could Grace most premiership sides.

Relegation would cost massively - couple of hundred k I would have thought and worse back to square one in a competitive league and there is no guarantee the transfer fee would buy success.

let’s hope he wants to see his days out at the Bully Wee.I would go as far as to say with 18months left no price until perhaps the end of the season when there is some time to regroup.  Lose him now and it’s probably 50-50 for the drop.