Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

16 minutes ago, RRFC2711 said:

Rumours of Goodwillie to Raith ?

There are a few rumours of DGW leaving going about. He was linked to Falkirk in their thread a week or so back.

Raith needing another striking option. Varian is decent but DGW is quality. Sure he'd easily bang them in in the Championship.

Still got 18 months left on his contract.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

I can’t see it, as I genuinely cannot see another club touching him. On Goodie’s part too, it’d be a bit of a gamble to go full-time again for a season or two given he’s 32 now, with a young child and I believe he’s learned a trade.

We always get these rumours at this time of year so we shall wait and see.

I agree, for the money I hope we would ask for him I can’t see many clubs wanting the hassle. Although in football terms he would be worth every penny.  

Much as I’d be gutted to see him go, there is part of me would be quite pleased for him to get a move to a league that deserves his quality after all he has gone for us. However I dread to think what rest of the season would be like. 

5 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

Yet you were easily beaten by a team full of those players?

You’re either not getting this or choosing not to get it, either way it’s boring now. 

Enjoy Cumbernauld United, maybe see you on the other side of town one day…

16 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

You’re either not getting this or choosing not to get it, either way it’s boring now. 

Enjoy Cumbernauld United, maybe see you on the other side of town one day…

I find it quite amusing that you can slag off the quality of players that rag-dolled your team.

Enjoy watching utter dug shite for the rest of the season.

3 hours ago, Greenmachine said:

I find it quite amusing that you can slag off the quality of players that rag-dolled your team.

Enjoy watching utter dug shite for the rest of the season.

I've seen Clydebank several times this year (have you?). The difference between a team well up for a game against Clyde, or Elgin, and the team that drew with Rossvale or beat Troon was night and day. Clydebank will move up the Leagues, and will be a welcome addition, but they would be rooted to the bottom of League One by a distance at the moment. One game does not a good team make. We beat Celtic and took Rangers to extra time in the same season but that didn't mean we'd have been able to compete with either over the course of a season.

Edited by RosspCfc

14 hours ago, RosspCfc said:

I've seen Clydebank several times this year (have you?). The difference between a team well up for a game against Clyde, or Elgin, and the team that drew with Rossvale or beat Troon was night and day. Clydebank will move up the Leagues, and will be a welcome addition, but they would be rooted to the bottom of League One by a distance at the moment. One game does not a good team make. We beat Celtic and took Rangers to extra time in the same season but that didn't mean we'd have been able to compete with either over the course of a season.

Clydebank didn’t raise their game against Clyde though! 
They didn't have to,it was an absolute stroll.

7 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

Clydebank didn’t raise their game against Clyde though! 
They didn't have to,it was an absolute stroll.

If only Clydebank could "absolutely stroll" every week against the glorified social clubs in the joke of a league they currently occupy, maybe historic days like playing Clyde would come around more often. As it is, they have little to no chance of promotion, and you have to seriously question the professionalism of their players. The squad is obviously more than good enough to compete three levels above, so it's a disgrace that they're some way off the pace Auchinleck and Pollok are setting.

When DGW was missing on Saturday my immediate thought was that he was being lined up for a transfer. 

DL said he failed a late fitness test but didnt see him injured in postponed game v Airdrie so will only rest easy when see him back in the team.

Do I think he will move on?  Hopefully not.

I thought any chance of him moving would have been after the promotion season.  He is 32 now and 33 in March but doesnt show any signs of tailing off and if anything this season has been his best so far and teams will take notice of players that are top of the goal scoring charts.

Though you have to think would he want to move up a league or two and go full time for a couple of seasons and then get all the stick that would come initially from him own teams supporters (that would quickly change once they judge him on the pitch) and the opponents support.

Hopefully we would be looking for some serious money (£75k+) that would potentially put off any interested club and hopefully we are looking to add another season or two onto his current contract in January which is due to expire in June 2023 when he will be 34. 

Personally I would be adding on another 2 years to take him to 36 now if the club can do it.  Would much rather do that than invest in 10 bang average players.

Actually Goodie was limping quite badly after he was clattered for the denied penalty claim in the first half. 
obviously he kept playing because that’s what he does but hopefully I’ve added 2+2 and actually made 4 and is injured. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

Just now, FREDDYFRY said:

Actually he was limping quite badly after he was clattered for the denied penalty claim in the first half. 
obviously he kept playing because that’s what he does but hopefully I’ve added 2+2 and actually made 4 and is injured. 

Danny said he was tbf! Better resting up!

3 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Actually Goodie was limping quite badly after he was clattered for the denied penalty claim in the first half. 

In fairness i was watching the stream and couldnt see much for most of the game because of the fog.