Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Just now, SLClyde said:

So because the Glasgow branch still like him he’s to stay? 

Come on, his times up and to be honest has been for a while now. 

Totally agree with you mate! But he isn’t going to go anywhere of his own accord. He probably won’t get another gig after this let’s be honest.

2 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Where abouts did this happen?

I will be stunned if he can come up with a shred of evidence for this. For as toxic as our support could have turned today I thought there was a great atmosphere with no goading from Clydebank and no Clyde fans looking for trouble 

1 hour ago, David W said:

The only positive thing you can say about Splaine today is that even when he is playing like that, he doesn't hide. 

Frankly I wish he would have went away and hidden

One of the worst midfield performances I have seen from a Clyde player from Splaine today that can ever remember 

20 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

So because the Glasgow branch still like him he’s to stay? 

Come on, his times up and to be honest has been for a while now. 

Yeah agree, really should have went at the end of last season which was when his time should have been up.

I sensed from today that the support has now turned against DL but think he brought himself down by standing arguing with fans while the game is going on when he should have been concentrating on the game

Edited by Bullyweeno1

2 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Yeah agree, really should have went at the end of last season which was his time should have been up.

I sensed from today that the support has now turned against DL but think he brought himself down by standing arguing with fans while the game is going on when he should have been concentrating on the game

I actually don’t think he should’ve left after last year, there was so much uncertainty last season he done a good job to keep us up. 

The recruitment this year has been atrocious as has been said many times. Miles off what was needed. Losing to broomhill and now Clydebank along with a poor league campaign. 

Change needed. We also need to decide whether we stay at broadwood or move, having this debate dug up every few years is a distraction at best and not a good one.

Where do we begin?

Was I surprised by the result not really but it shows the level that we are at which isn’t even tier 6

Thought both sides were poor 1st half but we got worse in 2nd half when Clydebank could see they weren’t up against anything and in the end 2-0 flattered us when could have easily been 3 or 4

I really wish DL the best and that he could  turn things round but I don’t see it happening as there has been no evidence at all this year that we have a team capable to complete at L1 and as has been shown on two occasions significantly below L1 level

The buck stops with DL and it is time for a change to give someone else a month to assess things before trying to change things in Jan

Edited by Bullyweeno1

8 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

I actually don’t think he should’ve left after last year, there was so much uncertainty last season he done a good job to keep us up. 

The recruitment this year has been atrocious as has been said many times. Miles off what was needed. Losing to broomhill and now Clydebank along with a poor league campaign. 

Change needed. We also need to decide whether we stay at broadwood or move, having this debate dug up every few years is a distraction at best and not a good one.

We can agree to disagree.  Surviving by scoring with 10 mins to go last game isn’t a good job

I don’t get this stay at Broadwood or leave debate.  We don’t have the funds or a free ground to move to so the debate is a nonstarter

3 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

We can agree to disagree.  Surviving by scoring with 10 mins to go last game isn’t a good job

I don’t get this stay at Broadwood or leave debate.  We don’t have the funds or a free ground to move to so the debate is a nonstarter

You’d think, but we have groups set up to look at both… 

50 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

You’d think, but we have groups set up to look at both… 

Yeah I know - madness

There is other more relevant things groups could be set up to look into IMO

Unless we have someone ready to invest £ms or we have a free ground to move into it ain’t going to happen

Edited by Bullyweeno1

15 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

We’d be better off setting up a group to handle scouting and transfers. Recruitment could not be any worse as most of us could see the signings were garbage in July despite Danny waxing lyrical.

Yeah looking at DL comments on the likes of Jones, Mortimer, McGrath and Andrew’s is laughable now

He really shouldn’t have said anything as saying what he did really just opens himself to ridicule if things don’t work out

Yeah I know - madness
Unless we have someone ready to invest £ms or we have a free ground to move into it ain’t going to happen

If we did have someone ready to invest millions on a new stadium I hope Danny Lennon has no input.

Otherwise the stadium will be built atop Rockall. He will later claim it wasn't his first, second, third or fourth choice location.

49 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Yeah I know - madness

Apart from the fact that our cic structure means that if someone invests a million they don't got anything for their £.  

5 hours ago, jamtoast said:

Never met a more horrid set of supporters at a Clydebank game since before the juniors. Get beat off a team 3 divisions below and trying to intimidate old guys.. even some arguably sectarian remarks heard.

Enjoy the rest of the season. See you in the lowland league season after next. 2-0 ya p***ks. Lol. 

Why don’t you just enjoy your night after a great result rather than calling people p***ks ? 

You may meet some really loathsome fans in the next round. 

All the best in any event.