Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Thankfully had a good bit of rest last night. Headed to bed in a rotten mood. How do I feel this morning about the debacle yesterday?

Internally our level I believe is mid L2. I would agree with the fans above saying we haven’t progressed since promotion and I believe that is correct. Some of those players that started yesterday are not the standard required. Some of them worse still threw the towel in.

However as Danny said post match, the buck stops with him. We are in a total mess, with no direction and relying solely on one player every week. There probably will be a positive result next week or the week after. But what use is turning up every 3rd game? Relying up until yesterday on East Fife being rotten is unacceptable. Meanwhile this is our level now while having the leagues best player.

Yesterday will not be the only hammering we receive this year even calendar year. Is it time for a management change? I believe it is. Will it happen? Can’t see it but by changing it up I don’t think we have anything to lose.

Edited by TheBigGuy

Not gloating at the score but a plea for help.

Our diehard fan Hamish Brannen left Montrose at 12:20 yesterday heading to the match. He never made the match and hasn't returned home.

Some of you might know Hamish. He is the old lad who sings on his own for the entire match. He is 60 years old and has learning difficulties.  If anyone saw Hamish in the vicinity of the stadium or  Cumbernauld yesterday please get in touch.

1 hour ago, TheBigGuy said:

Thankfully had a good bit of rest last night. Headed to bed in a rotten mood. How do I feel this morning about the debacle yesterday?

Internally our level I believe is mid L2. I would agree with the fans above saying we haven’t progressed since promotion and I believe that is correct. Some of those players that started yesterday are not the standard required. Some of them worse still threw the towel in.

However as Danny said post match, the buck stops with him. We are in a total mess, with no direction and relying solely on one player every week. There probably will be a positive result next week or the week after. But what use is turning up every 3rd game? Relying up until yesterday on East Fife being rotten is unacceptable. Meanwhile this is our level now while having the leagues best player.

Yesterday will not be the only hammering we receive this year even calendar year. Is it time for a management change? I believe it is. Will it happen? Can’t see it but by changing it up I don’t think we have anything to lose.

Woke up hoping yesterday’s game was a nightmare but unfortunately not……it was a real nightmare

I don’t know the answer but we are obviously sleepwalking to relegation.,,,,think any reason fan would admit that.

I said we would be relegated based on what I seen in the cup games before the season started and nothing in between has changed my mind

IMO we havent played well in one game this season and not deserved to win any games.  Some games we have been hopeless; Dumbarton, broom hill, Falkirk, Airdrie, Montrose.

The points accrued to date are IMO more than the performances have merited to date

48 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

Not gloating at the score but a plea for help.

Our diehard fan Hamish Brannen left Montrose at 12:20 yesterday heading to the match. He never made the match and hasn't returned home.

Some of you might know Hamish. He is the old lad who sings on his own for the entire match. He is 60 years old and has learning difficulties.  If anyone saw Hamish in the vicinity of the stadium or  Cumbernauld yesterday please get in touch.

Hopefully he turns up safe and sound 

Although us Clyde fans are moaning about things it is only game at the end of the day.

1 hour ago, PortyMo said:

Good news guys. Hamish is back in Montrose safe and well. Thanks for the concerns.

You can get back to slating your team 

Great news!!

Clyde bunch of total wasters

(other than Parry , Goodie and Barry C!) obviously 

On 22/08/2021 at 10:56, DGW9 said:

My biggest concern is we are so slow in possession (that's if we actually make a pass and don't give it away) and don't have any pace in the squad, nobody willing to take risks quite happy to pass it sideways or back then punt it to nobody, we literally have no supply for goodie to work with. The players are at least trying but some just aren't good enough for this level I fear we are going to be on the end of a few 3-0s this season without immediate reinforcements from the loan market or shipping out some of the dross and finding players at this late stage that can play at this level again a difficult task with the budget probably spent.

We have the best striker in the league and should have been aiding and building a squad around him instead we've signed some players just not good enough I don't even know what the game plan is for some of the signings we've just plucked these guys out from nowhere and hoped to gel a team that can survive we can't sit back and defend for 90 mins we can't attack teams because our defence is ropey at best.

4 wins in 15 competitive matches with a draw and a defeat to 2 lower end lowland league sides

17 Goals scored 

29 conceded 

2 clean sheets

Enough said

Still stands and now even more so since we did f**k all to rectify it when we had the chance

The signings are obviously questionable but so are some of the retentions we have made. Rumsby over mcniff being one, mcniff isn’t great but he’s better than Rumsby. 

Cuddihy I don’t think is good enough for league 1 and as much as Ally Love tries hard and has scored some important goals, I don’t think he’s overall consistently good enough for league 1 either. 

The whole thing is a shambles from top to bottom just now. 

The signings are obviously questionable but so are some of the retentions we have made. Rumsby over mcniff being one, mcniff isn’t great but he’s better than Rumsby. 

Cuddihy I don’t think is good enough for league 1 and as much as Ally Love tries hard and has scored some important goals, I don’t think he’s overall consistently good enough for league 1 either. 

The whole thing is a shambles from top to bottom just now. 

Mcniff wasn’t great at left back but not massively worse than what we have there now. At cb he would walk into the team over what we have now. You also have howie not in the team at alloa who would be a first pick for us and Ray grant not regularly in the team at Stirling but would be a stick on at cdm for us. Frustrating we didn’t make more effort to sign/retain guys like that instead of bulking up on dross.

ETA: harsh on Cuddihy, I would say he is one of a very small group of players we have that are up to standard.

2 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Mcniff wasn’t great at left back but not massively worse than what we have there now. At cb he would walk into the team over what we have now. You also have howie not in the team at alloa who would be a first pick for us and Ray grant not regularly in the team at Stirling but would be a stick on at cdm for us. Frustrating we didn’t make more effort to sign/retain guys like that instead of bulking up on dross.

ETA: harsh on Cuddihy, I would say he is one of a very small group of players we have that are up to standard.

McNiff wasnt a left back but was played there out of necessity.  He was a CH.  Nothing spectacular but better than we have the now.

Understand that we tried to sign both Howie and Grant but both turned us down which you can only expect on monetary reasons. (as said before I would have invested the budget in not more than 14 players to get 14 players of quality and then bulked out the rest of the squad with loans)

Agree harsh on Cuddihy as with him, parry (judgement still out) and DGW one of only 3 current players would keep out the current squad.

Saturfay result came as no suprise to me and i walked away after the 4th goal.not particular fuming..

Dumbarton strolled in.

Montrose dominated 88mins up there and we stole a point thanks to Mitch in goals keepimg it under 4or5 before they switched off

Beat off Broomhill (Thankfully i missed that one)

Anti Football  display at Falkirk and defending deep or most of the game home to Cove just climging on for 2-1 win

Airdrie game was again a non event snd what happened on Sat may not be the last

Losing 2 goals per game prior to 3pm on Sat makes every game a massive uphill struggle and up at Peterhead we were slightly unlucky not to get a poiny but shippin 3 goals in 30 first half minutes makes you wonder why i bothered leaving hoose at 8am that very morning

However What i will add is Ally Love tackled and harassed the opposituon more in 15min of 2nd half than any other player had done over 90mins in majority of games above..

Dont know the answers and worryingly im not sure DL does either with constant team changes every week

Decision time indeed for all concerned

Edited by shawfield shed boy