Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

On 26/09/2021 at 13:12, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

In Danny's post match yesterday v EF he mentioned "part of our success". It may be a throwaway line, like his strangled reference to rabbits and headlights but "success"?

We're currently 8th in a league of inconsistent quality.  We have 11 points from 8 games and I guess many fans might say there was some deserved fortune, but fortune nonetheless, in taking points at Mo, Alloa, Cove and QP.

Taking our current points and projecting that on to last season's 22 match total, would give us just over 30 points...pretty much where P heid ended; 1 position above us.  Is that success?

you could have said joint 5th or 1 point away from play off spot

Every other team in the league (except possibly Peterhead) has been able to go out and loan players who have a good chunk of games under their belt. Not naive youngsters but established players. It's absolutely ludicrous if we haven't managed to find a player or two given the blatant holes in our squad.

I heard a couple of whispers a few days ago about 2 incomings but obviously seeming unlikely now. 

Regardless of whether they're good enough or not it just seems pointless loaning players out to leave our squad even thinner. Unless of course others come in to fill the gaps. 

13 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Regardless of whether they're good enough or not it just seems pointless loaning players out to leave our squad even thinner. Unless of course others come in to fill the gaps. 

Just shows you how far away they are from 1st team that DL is happy to let them go out on loan with no one coming in to replace them.

Well that the first quarter of the season over and we have played everyone in the league now.

Now is the time to give reflection of the season so far.

On 11 points think we have more than we should have based on performances to date. 

I dont think we have put in one good performance all season so far.

But for some magic by DGW in some of the games we would be on about 4 or 5 points and be in 9th position.

Not looking good so far unfortunately DL.

Edited by Bullyweeno1

Well that the first quarter of the season over and we have played everyone in the league now.
Now is the time to give reflection of the season so far.
On 11 points think we have more than we should have based on performances to date. 
I dont think we have put in one good performance all season so far.
But for some magic by DGW in some of the games we would be on about 4 or 5 points and be in 9th position.
Not looking go so far unfortunately DL.

It’s worrying that despite not being in a great position by any means it can still be viewed as over-achieving given the squad of absolute jobbers we’ve assembled.

Remember you can still sponsor Billy Mortimer though [emoji23].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really surprised we haven't brought anyone in on loan. We badly need a centre half with a bit of pace and an attacking midfielder. Only option now would be free agents. I'm guessing the trialists we had in have all been binned?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Today was depressingly bad. No midfield and a shaley defence.
Splaine, kennedy, jones, rumbsy...the list goes on of players just simply not good enough for this level or even a drop down.

Recruitment has left us in the shit again this season and I cant see us staying up should we finish 9th and I only say 9th because based on last week we look slightly less shite than East fife

Sent from my SM-G955F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Hi, 
I am a student studying journalism at City of Glasgow College.
I did an article on your manager Danny Lennon reaching 150 games as Clyde manager last month- which got published and posted on Twitter yesterday by NE98. 
I am aware that some of you may have already seen it, but thought that for those of you who haven’t-  I’d put up a wee post on this forum for you to read if you wish to do so. 

I’ve attached a link to it below. I hope you enjoy. 

Matthew Muir 

https://ne98.net/2021/10/07/a-timeline-danny-lennon-at-clyde/ 

1 hour ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Assuming with Love and Page back to full fitness DL will have a full squad to choose from for what I believe is the first time this season ? What r ppl thinking team selection wise now we have a full squad at disposal ?

Parry

Cuddihy

Balatoni

Elsdon

Rumsby

Livingston

Gomis

Splaine

Goodwillie

Tade

Cunningham

3 hours ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Assuming with Love and Page back to full fitness DL will have a full squad to choose from for what I believe is the first time this season ? What r ppl thinking team selection wise now we have a full squad at disposal ?

Parry

Balatoni - Elsdon - Rumsby

Cuddihy - Gomis - Splaine - Livingstone

Cunningham

Goodwillie - Tade

I would like to see a central midfield pairing of Cuddihy and Gomis but the problem with that would be being significantly weaker on the right bringing Munro or Mortimer in. 

Also would prefer Page over Rumsby if he doesn't turn out to be a perma crock.

18 hours ago, C. Muir said:

I would like to see a central midfield pairing of Cuddihy and Gomis but the problem with that would be being significantly weaker on the right bringing Munro or Mortimer in. 

Also would prefer Page over Rumsby if he doesn't turn out to be a perma crock.

I'd love to see Cuddihy in the middle of the park again but at the moment he's undoubtedly our best choice on the right.

I'd quite like to see Page too if I'm honest, taking Rumsby out of the team for a bit might be slightly unfair but after the the Airdrie performance it's probably time.