Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 hour ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Surprised there’s been no news on bringing in a few loan signings. Would be nice to bring in a few defenders and a midfielder imo. Normally we hear DL saying he’s looking to bring in a few loans but not seen/heard anything like that this season. 

Certainly is surprising as chairman (hope that's not me marked down for gender specificity) was waxing on about the sheer brilliance of Dominic Diamond and one of the Corrs. 

Maybe we're basking in the glory of stealing 3 points v Cove? 

7 hours ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Surprised there’s been no news on bringing in a few loan signings. Would be nice to bring in a few defenders and a midfielder imo. Normally we hear DL saying he’s looking to bring in a few loans but not seen/heard anything like that this season. 

Do we not need to wait until January for that now? Or is the summer window still open?

5 hours ago, TheBigGuy said:

Well done David Goodwillie! Where would we be without you and your goals?

With the way football is nowadays, there's a very real chance we won't see another player net a century of goals for Clyde in our lifetime. It seems rare enough when people get to 100 appearances.

1 hour ago, C. Muir said:

Think of the amount he would be on if we had a decent squad around him for more than a season of his time here. He has won some amount of games for us single handedly.

If he had a half decent squad of players around him he would be about 200 goals the now.  

The amount of goals that he scored from half chances and less is unbelievable 

Won’t see as good a player with us for as long in my lifetime

Great achievement considering the absolute dross he has been playing with, he really does deserve better.

It’s such a frustrating situation we have Goodwillie in our side but have failed to have a recruitment policy that would make us successful. I say again, 3 players of even reasonable quality in key positions would see us compete at top end, however once again we are going to be scrambling for points throughout the season in an attempt to stay out of bottom 2, which we probably won’t,

More to the point I think the team / management seem to have got off a bit lightly after Saturday’s result. Probably due to Goodwillie’s achievement!

On reflection over the weekend it was an awful result, score 2 away from home against a team not doing well and as ever not getting even a point against teams around us is simply not good enough. I don’t mean any disrespect to Peterhead at all, my point is that our signings have been poor for years now. 

We NEED to improve and we need quality or it’s same old struggle. As I say not good enough from the management team both terms of recruitment and the same excuses every single week.