Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

8 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Companies House will give you last year's spend (and probably not in sufficient detail to identify playing budget v other), not the one allocated to the manager for this year.

Fair enough, I've never bothered to look at club accounts if I'm honest but I remember someone posting Peterhead's on here a season or two back and their player wages were listed in the expenditure. 

35 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

It always strikes me as wrong that non members/owners are constantly left in the dark about issues effecting the club.

I understand that there needs to be things kept internally for members. Only members get a vote. That's all fine. £40 seems reasonable for this exclusivity.

However it always seems to be the intention to exclude everyone else from any information to increase the presumed value of membership.

All Clyde supporters are affected by decisions within the club. This includes issues relating to the stadium, the team and the support.

I'm glad that many Clyde fans far away are able to contribute to the club via membership as a way to support and maintain a link to the club.

However why should many season ticket holders paying six times the price of membership be excluded from even being told the outcomes of AGMs etc?

I'm left to the rumour mills, misunderstandings and lies from others with agendas. That's certainly not worth £250

This issue has never been solved. Normally a company has shareholders and they attend AGMs etc. Everyone else is either an employee or a customer. Both these groups will get more or less detail than shareholders depending on the employee's role in the company. We have to decide if awarding benefits to owners and not to ST holders and indeed even walk up customers is worth the hassle. There are two obvious issues here - firstly walk up customers could be anyone so a limit has to be in place for them. That then brings about the debate that 18* walk-up is actually contributing more than the ST holders - a fact you cannot argue with, but you simply cannot issue sensitive data to just anyone. 

The release of the above salary budget above is a very good example of trying to find the right balance and being able to trust people to be sensible about how they use it. 

I don't have the answer, though favour ST holders being aligned with Owners, but as  said above some would find fault with that too.

Looking at the list of owners/members I'm surprised how relatively few come from Cumbernauld and it's surrounding area

My impression is the majority come from the Glasgow area, England or abroad.

I'd be interested in how this compares to season ticket holders location makeup.

This dichotomy may come into play if ever there is a vote on relocation

15 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Looking at the list of owners/members I'm surprised how relatively few come from Cumbernauld and it's surrounding area

My impression is the majority come from the Glasgow area, England or abroad.

I'd be interested in how this compares to season ticket holders location makeup.

This dichotomy may come into play if ever there is a vote on relocation

That right there is a good enough reason on it's own not to have the fan base/support/like-minded in more than one group. No good can come of it. One direction and one support.

It always strikes me as wrong that non members/owners are constantly left in the dark about issues effecting the club.

I understand that there needs to be things kept internally for members. Only members get a vote. That's all fine. £40 seems reasonable for this exclusivity.

However it always seems to be the intention to exclude everyone else from any information to increase the presumed value of membership.

All Clyde supporters are affected by decisions within the club. This includes issues relating to the stadium, the team and the support.

I'm glad that many Clyde fans far away are able to contribute to the club via membership as a way to support and maintain a link to the club.

However why should many season ticket holders paying six times the price of membership be excluded from even being told the outcomes of AGMs etc?

I'm left to the rumour mills, misunderstandings and lies from others with agendas. That's certainly not worth £250

I renewed my membership last season after a few years out and it made zero difference. I was just as much in the dark.

All we got was one badly arranged Zoom meeting and two or three page document on the Norrie Inness situation. There was not enough time on the Zoom call to go over anyone's questions and they've all remained unanswered since. The owners q & a has been done away with too rather than just banning the few owners that were causing grief.

It is utterly pointless being a member and just needs to be viewed as another donation to the club.

Am I correct in thinking it is only "members" who can ask questions of the new chairman?

If not can someone please ask what the comparative costs are between renting Broadwood and running our own stadium?

I have said a number of times that being a season ticket holder should automatically mean you are a "member". As a former shareholder before the CIC I have decided not to pay the extra so I am no longer a member, despite having been a season ticket holder since Shawfield days.

3 minutes ago, chas said:

Am I correct in thinking it is only "members" who can ask questions of the new chairman?

If not can someone please ask what the comparative costs are between renting Broadwood and running our own stadium?

I have said a number of times that being a season ticket holder should automatically mean you are a "member". As a former shareholder before the CIC I have decided not to pay the extra so I am no longer a member, despite having been a season ticket holder since Shawfield days.

This is the club podcast, not a members thing. I believe an email address to forward your question will be made available on the Clyde homepage today, or send a message to Adolfo Rios on here.

2 hours ago, chas said:

Just to add if you are on Twitter you can put your question to @ClydeFCPodcast as well. 

I think there always seems to be a varying degree of opinion on how much information should be given to owners. Some think just about everything, others don’t seem fussed. 

I’ve only had an ownership this season and last, but I think the quarterly email bulletins and an annual one covering all major points within the club are enough. 

I know a few have, but I’ve put forward a question regarding Diamond and Corr’s involvement and whether they are financially beneficial to the club. 

Missed v Falkirk and still away v Cove, but...The chairman answering Q's on the podcast is not really filling that better communication promise.  No harm to the guys doing their best at the podcast, but they're not likely to confront Gordon as they're kind of internal appointments.

This player budget carrys some weight but if it was all about budgets, the league placing would always be entirely predictable; but they're not.

Since forever Clyde have been able to recruit up and coming guys, Hood, Sullivan, Archiebald, Nevin but that seems in the past.  We've also been good at assembling, not just good players, but the right sort of players, guys that were happy to top up their 9 to 5 wage, most recently in Alan Maitland's team.  We missed out on the big Dumbarton boy who lives in Glasgow but chose a North East team, (Cove or P Heid) our location should be our ace in the pack. 

Something is gash with our recruitment.  My question would be if DL had the last say on new players, how many and who did he reject? 

34 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Missed v Falkirk and still away v Cove, but...The chairman answering Q's on the podcast is not really filling that better communication promise.  No harm to the guys doing their best at the podcast, but they're not likely to confront Gordon as they're kind of internal appointments.

No internal appointments here, we are fans wanting the same answers as all others fans want hence why we asked him if he would come on.  I am not an trained interviewer by any stretch of the imagination and we are not going in to this to start a fight and confront from the off but we are not going to shy away from asking questions because we volunteer at the club in a number of positions.   We will ask any question that comes in to us to the chairman but this should only be a starter to greater communication from all at the club.  It does not fulfil any promise on that front but it is a step in the right direction however big or small it is deemed.   

Edited to add :   Article up with details on how to submit questions.  I locked myself out of this account so couldn't post them earlier.  

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2021/08/23/6896/#.YSP-9o5Kg2w

Edited by Adolfo Rios

Last night i feel went well and we covered a variety of subjects from the submitted questions over the 65 minutes of recording.  Time did derail us however due to studio bookings but we have commitment from Gordon to appear on further episodes so if a specific topic/question wasn't answered or answered to what you were hoping for we will have other opportunities using this channel of communication and hopefully others too.  Link will be posted up on the website tomorrow for when it is aired at 7pm.    

On 23/08/2021 at 16:42, Jack Burton said:

I renewed my membership last season after a few years out and it made zero difference. I was just as much in the dark.

All we got was one badly arranged Zoom meeting and two or three page document on the Norrie Inness situation. There was not enough time on the Zoom call to go over anyone's questions and they've all remained unanswered since. The owners q & a has been done away with too rather than just banning the few owners that were causing grief.

It is utterly pointless being a member and just needs to be viewed as another donation to the club.

i am still left  out of the forum

On 23/08/2021 at 20:28, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

We missed out on the big Dumbarton boy who lives in Glasgow but chose a North East team, (Cove or P Heid) our location should be our ace in the pack. 

Something is gash with our recruitment.  My question would be if DL had the last say on new players, how many and who did he reject? 

Your location is kind of insignificant when Cove are offering a three year deal on money well beyond what we could offer to be fair. Sons trained in Glasgow and Morgyn lives in Lanarkshire, so I doubt he'd pick Clyde over Cove if you guys offered two years and similar money to ourselves.

I think we might  be surprised about the money paid to players.

I was speaking to a friend of my son last week who plays pretty well down the pyramid below  LL actually, he is on £120 pw. He even admitted the standard was pretty terrible.
Its little wonder we find it hard to compete with clubs in our league, God knows what they pay? No excuses for still signing the dross we have at the moment.

Edited by FREDDYFRY

I think we might  be surprised about the money paid to players.
I was speaking to a friend of my son last week who plays pretty well down the pyramid below  LL actually, he is on £120 pw. He even admitted the standard was pretty terrible.
Its little wonder we find it hard to compete with clubs in our league, God knows what they pay? No excuses for still signing the dross we have at the moment.
There are plenty of clubs lower down the pyramid that pay daft money. Darvel have been signing players from the Championship.

Any increase in our budget this season will have come from the Covid grants that every other club got as well so I doubt it has made any difference to who we can realistically sign.

The transfer window shuts soon although I do believe we can still bring in loans till the end of September. We could really be doing with bringing in a few more even if on loan.

7 minutes ago, clyde_darren said:

Neil Parry signing is an interesting one. Him and Mitchell battling it out for number 1 spot

Signing Parry to sit on the bench is a weird one considering the reason he left Alloa is falling out with Ferguson and not getting any game time. Maybe Mitchell is away somewhere?

Heard he fell out with Alloa due to a promised coaching role which wasn't followed up on. Unless he's our new GK coach/player then I cannot understand this signing whatsoever when there's glaring upgrades needed in other positions.