Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

27 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I like the idea of the working groups.

A chance for many Clyde fans who have been critical of the lack of fan input to step up and offer positive suggestions.

27 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I like the idea of the working groups.

A chance for many Clyde fans who have been critical of the lack of fan input to step up and offer positive suggestions.

I like this suggestion as well.  Gives those that complain about the board the opportunity to put themselves forward and do something to change things.

Sadly I dont think many will step forward.

Its easy to criticize rather than take action.

He has agreed to come on the podcast to answer questions from fans so if anyone wants to ask something drop us a message on twitter or email it to clydefcpodcast@gmail. com  

We will ask all questions we get(provided its not offensive) and will announce date etc once that is all finalised and get something on the website about it too.  A good chance to get answers to questions that fly about various forums adresses and get a better idea on the different elements of his initial statement.  

Edited by Adolfo Rios

How many times are we going to go through the cycle of looking to move again? Would it even be worthwhile, I’m not sure. 

It’s a bit tedious going through the same motions every few years. Between that and getting in debt. 

I’m sure the players are giving their all but it has been painfully obvious from the get go that very few of them are what’s required at this level. Onto another very difficult game next week, I suppose.
Exactly. I'm not faulting their effort or saying they dont care/try. They just clearly arent good enough for this level

The joys of being a Clyde fan. Last week when we won we were the best, this week we were terrible. It was always going to be a tall order going  away to Falkirk. It's going to be a long struggle of a season trying to finish 8th or better. The signings are done and we're stuck with them.  Let's get behind them starting next Saturday against Cove and roar them on to hopefully to a win and eventually safety. We are  the Bully Wee. 

Just now, BW Charlie said:

The joys of being a Clyde fan. Last week when we won we were the best, this week we were terrible. It was always going to be a tall order going  away to Falkirk. It's going to be a long struggle of a season trying to finish 8th or better. The signings are done and we're stuck with them.  Let's get behind them starting next Saturday against Cove and roar them on to hopefully to a win and eventually safety. We are  the Bully Wee. 

I agree with you. But they were fucking shite today, to be fair.

2 hours ago, SLClyde said:

I’m fairly sure a lot of folk said we were still poor last week, but naturally happy to get 3 points. 

Cove will absolutely scud us next week. 

I thought we were poor last week and thought after Alloa equalised they looked the more likely team to go on and win until DGW came up with some individual brilliance

Best to hope for today was a 0-0 but thought Falkirk were excellent in knocking it about and moving us about.  

It was only a matter of time until they scored and although how it came about was disappointing we didn’t create a thing after it

Still of the opinion that we will finish bottom this year.  We have avoided the trap door the last couple of years but not this unless major shake up in squad which isn’t going to happen

Another shocker, the signings have been especially bad this year, they would even be poor for the 2nd division,  hard job trying to pick a MOTM this week,  4 games into the season , and not a sign of a loan signing. Just ain’t good enough

We are finishing bottom this season that was painfully obvious after the squad was assembled.

We are four games in and have lost 3-0 twice. We will be on the receiving end of some nasty defeats once injuries kick in and the heads start to drop.

Our only hope is bringing in a few decent loan signings similar to Otoo and Jamieson. I really thought we would have brought in a few on loan by now.

Decided to keep my money and didn't go yesterday.

I sense I may attend very few away matches this season.

The benefits of enjoyment watching Clyde do not come anywhere close to the required effort and expense of away games.

I've not seen anything close to a good performance since the Airdrie preseason game. The points we've picked up have been last minute goals after mediocre performances. Performances in the defeats have been even poorer.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're detached at the bottom of the league by Xmas.

And for what it's worth I think Danny Lennon is getting off relatively lightly in the blame game. This is the second season of shite football.

My biggest concern is we are so slow in possession (that's if we actually make a pass and don't give it away) and don't have any pace in the squad, nobody willing to take risks quite happy to pass it sideways or back then punt it to nobody, we literally have no supply for goodie to work with. The players are at least trying but some just aren't good enough for this level I fear we are going to be on the end of a few 3-0s this season without immediate reinforcements from the loan market or shipping out some of the dross and finding players at this late stage that can play at this level again a difficult task with the budget probably spent.

We have the best striker in the league and should have been aiding and building a squad around him instead we've signed some players just not good enough I don't even know what the game plan is for some of the signings we've just plucked these guys out from nowhere and hoped to gel a team that can survive we can't sit back and defend for 90 mins we can't attack teams because our defence is ropey at best.

2 wins in 9 competitive matches with a draw and a defeat to 2 lower end lowland league sides

8 Goals scored 

16 conceded 

1 clean sheet

Enough said

We're obviously not very good but we're not the only ones. East Fife only have one point, Peterhead one win in four, Dumbarton haven't won a game since beating us (I know that doesn't say much for us) and Alloa are likely to be inconsistent. 

We were obviously lucky to get anything against Montrose but Alloa didn't create many clear chances against us, and Mitchell arguably should have saved the shot they scored from. If we had used the ball better in the counter we could have scored a second earlier too IMO.

Clearly we need a replacement for Rumsby and, even then, we'll be battling to hold on in most games but we're far from the only poor side in the division.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

16 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

I’m sure the players are giving their all but it has been painfully obvious from the get go that very few of them are what’s required at this level. Onto another very difficult game next week, I suppose.

Think it is clear that players are giving there all but that a pre-requisite to be being a footballer.  That the minimum you should do

However there only a handful of players who should be playing at this level

Goodwillie and Mitchell for sure and maybe Cunningham and Livingstone 

All the rest at L2 level at best and some more worryingly well below that

Worst squad we have had for a number of years and blame lies at DL door

Regardless of the budget, which not sure how we compare to everyone else in the league, it surely was easily possible to pull together a better squad than what has been assembled 

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

Decided to keep my money and didn't go yesterday.

I sense I may attend very few away matches this season.

The benefits of enjoyment watching Clyde do not come anywhere close to the required effort and expense of away games.

I've not seen anything close to a good performance since the Airdrie preseason game. The points we've picked up have been last minute goals after mediocre performances. Performances in the defeats have been even poorer.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're detached at the bottom of the league by Xmas.

And for what it's worth I think Danny Lennon is getting off relatively lightly in the blame game. This is the second season of shite football.

I only went yesterday as stay in Larbert

Once winter kicks in don’t think will be at many games (home or away) as yesterday was only a matter of time before Falkirk scored - wasn’t entertaining

Like yourself the last good performance I have seen was against Airdrie preseason but always difficult to judge preseason games

The games since they have been hopeless 

v Stranraer they were hopeless and should have lost that game if Stranraer had any decent strikers

v Montrose should have been 4 or 5 down before they got sloppy snd lost two late goal

v Alloa thought Alloa were more likely team to go on and win after they equalised and draw was a fair result

Least said about other games the better

So based on what I have seem we should have 1 point to date

Like to give DL the benefit of the doubt and at least the first round of games (9 games) to give verdict

But don’t think the verdict will be positive and performances have got worse year on year since promotion

Unfortunately I don’t think there is Stranraer or Forfar in the league this year to save us and would be surprised if end season with more than 30 points