Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

I reckon If we lose our next 2/3 games Danny has to go… along with his boardroom. I’d be bringing in someone like John Hughes or give every penny we have n get Derrick McInnes (long shot Ik) but we need such a big revamp and it’s as clear as day to see. Players clearly aren’t good enough with the exception of a few, looks like they don’t even want to be there and if that’s the case why are we even paying them. Smthn needs to happen and it needs to happen fast otherwise we’re well n truly fucked

14 minutes ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

I reckon If we lose our next 2/3 games Danny has to go… along with his boardroom. I’d be bringing in someone like John Hughes or give every penny we have n get Derrick McInnes (long shot Ik) but we need such a big revamp and it’s as clear as day to see. Players clearly aren’t good enough with the exception of a few, looks like they don’t even want to be there and if that’s the case why are we even paying them. Smthn needs to happen and it needs to happen fast otherwise we’re well n truly fucked

Derek McIness :lol: :lol: :lol: 

8 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Kennedy who we gave a two year contract to after a couple of trialist appearances.

Well this was also part of my thinking, 2 year deal then don’t play him. 

Derek McInnes is one of the worst shouts I’ve ever seen on here. 

1 hour ago, Duncypoo said:

I kin its a sore one, but how was the game? Did Broomhill actually play well or were yous just a bit shite?

Broomhill scored with literally their only non-set piece effort. We managed to hit the bar twice and clear a goal bound shot off of Broomhill’s goal line from about two yards out. Broomhill were clearly a lot more up for the game than we were. We approached the first half in particular like training game but that’s no excuse

That, for me, could be our worst ever result. After BSC Glasgow effectively merged with Stenhousemuir, and the newborn baby Broomhill was born, that was quite literally a bunch of kids out there. Fair play to them.

It’s only the second time I’ve seen us in the flesh this season and I can’t see us finishing anywhere other than rock bottom. Jones is one of the most unintentionally hilarious footballers I have ever seen and Splaine is one of the most frustrating (although, at least he tried things). Jones’ miss was quite possibly, the worst one I have ever seen. As for the two imposters that started at full back? I don’t even know where to begin. Balatoni was painfully, and I mean painfully, slow. The new centre half looked no worse than anything else we have but wasn’t tested much. Bradley-Hurst had nothing to do but pick the ball out of the net. Love starting in holding midfield was bizarre and Nicoll was Nicoll. Another complete jobber who felt like assaulting someone on this fine Wednesday evening. Andrews has the worst first touch I have ever seen and McGrath was absolutely anonymous for all but about five minutes of the half.

Whilst we know that Goodwillie was rested, the history books certainly won’t show that. In any case, not being able to field an XI that can win that game is a disgrace.

Congratulations to Broomhill, it must be nice to have a team who take a cup competition seriously. As for us, after a brief period of not being completely rubbish, it’s back to business as usual. After such a spell of positivity after promotion, it really is demoralising to have such a sense of self-pity and apathy oozing from the club at the minute. Norrie Innes for all his, “river of good” and suing the club nonsense, at least tried to talk a good game and brought a bit of excitement. It’s fairly evident that barring some minor miracle, we’ll be back in League Two next year and no doubt back to perma-moaning about Broadwood and how much money Peterhead make from their café. Seriously depressing stuff.

As for DL, am I grateful for all he’s done for the club up to this point? Absolutely. Do I hope he can turn things around? Of course. But, I think we’re approaching a really critical point where fan opinion of him will start to turn without a serious upturn in our fortunes. The garbage, strange signings; players who have signed saying they had to contact the club to sign when we employ people in three salaried positions to recruit players for the squad; the Goodwillie on left wing; the whole, increasingly patronising, “I’m privileged to manage this great club with our great fans” spiel, whilst treating us to marquee signings such as permacrock Jonathan Page, Robert Jones and Owen Andrews (amongst many others, to be fair to the three of them). I am sure these guys weren’t his first choices (I mean, how could they possibly be?) but, for the first time of tenure, there could arguably be a justifiable amount of pressure on the manager.

I’m not angry, just bitterly disappointed.

Edited by Scott-Replay

10 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Broomhill scored with literally their only non-set piece effort. We managed to hit the bar twice and clear a goal bound shot off of Broomhill’s goal line from about two yards out. Broomhill were clearly a lot more up for the game than we were. We approached the first half in particular like training game but that’s no excuse

That, for me, could be our worst ever result. After BSC Glasgow effectively merged with Stenhousemuir, and the newborn baby Broomhill was born, that was quite literally a bunch of kids out there. Fair play to them.

It’s only the second time I’ve seen us in the flesh this season and I can’t see us finishing anywhere other than rock bottom. Jones is one of the most unintentionally hilarious footballers I have ever seen and Splaine is one of the most frustrating (although, at least he tried things). Jones’ miss was quite possibly, the worst one I have ever seen. As for the two imposters that started at full back? I don’t even know where to begin. Balatoni was painfully, and I mean painfully, slow. The new centre half looked no worse than anything else we have but wasn’t tested much. Bradley-Hurst had nothing to do but pick the ball out of the net. Love starting in holding midfield was bizarre and Nicoll was Nicoll. Another complete jobber who felt like assaulting someone on this fine Wednesday evening. Andrews has the worst first touch I have ever seen and McGrath was absolutely anonymous for all but about five minutes of the half.

Whilst we know that Goodwillie was rested, the history books certainly won’t show that. In any case, not being able to field an XI that can win that game is a disgrace.

Congratulations to Broomhill, it must be nice to have a team who take a cup competition seriously. As for us, after a brief period of not being completely rubbish, it’s back to business as usual. After such a spell of positivity after promotion, it really is demoralising to have such a sense of self-pity and apathy oozing from the club at the minute. Norrie Innes for all his, “river of good” and suing the club nonsense, at least tried to talk a good game and brought a bit of excitement. It’s fairly evident that barring some minor miracle, we’ll be back in League Two next year and no doubt back to perma-moaning about Broadwood and how much money Peterhead make from their café. Seriously depressing stuff.

As for DL, am I grateful for all he’s done for the club up to this point? Absolutely. Do I hope he can turn things around? Of course. But, I think we’re approaching a really critical point where fan opinion of him will start to turn without a serious upturn in our fortunes. The garbage, strange signings; players who have signed they had to contact the club to sign when we employ people in three salaried positions to recruit players for the squad; the Goodwillie on left wing; the whole, increasingly patronising, “I’m privileged to manage this great club with our great fans” spiel, whilst treating us to marquee signings such as permacrock Jonathan Page and, Robert Jones and Owen Andrews (amongst many others, to be fair to the three of them). I am sure these guys weren’t his first choices (I mean, how could they possibly be?) but, for the first time of tenure, there could arguably be a justifiable amount of pressure on the manager.

Good post and I agree with most of that other than the fact that while you're mainly disappointed, I am angry - absolutely furious in fact. If quick and decisive action isn't taken in the next week or so i'll be voting with my feet. No chance am I contributing towards this utter shambles. 

Edited by RutherGlen

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

Stuart Millar perhaps

Aye, that's the one. He was invited back to Broadwood as a special guest in the fan's lounge before the game and the cheeky dick took took the opportunity to rip into the squad a bit. Merited or not, what a brass neck! 

Typical of the Clyde board to invite one of the worst managers in our history to do a meet/greet with the fans before a game. Does no one at board level have any sense of pride in the club?

7 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Good post and I agree with most of that other than the fact that while you're mainly disappointed, I am angry - absolutely furious in fact. If quick and decisive action isn't taken in the next week or so i'll be voting with my feet. No chance am I contributing towards this utter shambles. 

Okay, I am a little bit angry tbf. Possibly being resigned to (what seems like) the inevitable has dulled my emotions a little bit.

11 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

As for DL, am I grateful for all he’s done for the club up to this point? Absolutely. Do I hope he can turn things around? Of course. But, I think we’re approaching a really critical point where fan opinion of him will start to turn without a serious upturn in our fortunes. The garbage, strange signings; players who have signed they had to contact the club to sign when we employ people in three salaried positions to recruit players for the squad; the Goodwillie on left wing; the whole, increasingly patronising, “I’m privileged to manage this great club with our great fans” spiel, whilst treating us to marquee signings such as permacrock Jonathan Page and, Robert Jones and Owen Andrews (amongst many others, to be fair to the three of them). I am sure these guys weren’t his first choices (I mean, how could they possibly be?) but, for the first time of tenure, there could arguably be a justifiable amount of pressure on the manager.

Agree with everything you say

Anyone who was at the game tonight must agree that is the worst ever Clyde performance/result.  Certainly I can’t think of one worse in 40+ years

It isn’t just that we got beat from a team 2 leagues below.  They were absolutely hopeless, couldnt string 3 passes together and had a keeper about 5 stone overweight that must have missed about 5 crosses tonight

It is a pity that the best player I have seen in a Clyde shirt DGW will go down in history with the worst team i have seen.

I fully expect us to not just be relegated but be relegated by Feb

There has been nothing I have seen in the 7 competitive games to indicate otherwise

1 win out of 7 and we should have lost that

Unfortunately don’t see DL being still here by the end of the month

Danny no doubt will be saying "the players will be working hard in training"

They'll have "something to prove" to the "magnificent Clyde fans" who's "vociferous support" is a "twelfth man to the team"

Please spare is the verbal shite this time Danny.

At least Jim Chapman's managerial team came out swinging.