Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

“Highlights” so far have included Owen Andrew’s trampoline touch, Ally Love doing an extremely low-budget version of Wayne Rooney’s ‘ineffective quarterback’ phase circa 2018 and the world’s slowest bicycle kick attempt from Big Rob Jones.

It has also, understandably, been played in a suitably funeral atmosphere.

What a way to spend a lovely evening 😂😂

Just now, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

3 things certain in life;   Death, taxes and Kevin Nicoll gettin a yellow for a late tackle 

Not just late, genuinely malicious.

The new centre half gets more on his headers than Rumsby but has otherwise been untested. Love and Cunningham are obviously better than this level. 

This Broomhill team are one of the worst we have played I reckon. Think that reflects the standard of quite a few of our team that they are comfortably ahead.

Regardless of what happens in the second half things have now gone too far.

We have a recruitment team which is taking a load of flack yet we are told Danny Lennon has the final say when it comes to signings etc.Obviously this is not working and the signing strategy is a disaster.If it is down to Lennon then he needs to go and take Diamond and co with him.Lennon’s signings have been abysmal with the exception of Mitchell-I believe MCStay,Lang and Grant arrived due the influence of others.

Time for change from top to bottom.

18 minutes ago, BullyWeeLad said:

If we lose to Broomhill this could be an all time low (after finishing bottom of third division) 

That’s a bit harsh, they have had some good results recently against teams at our level East Fife being the obvious one. They are better than you would expect. 

22 minutes ago, Harry Haddock said:

Regardless of what happens in the second half things have now gone too far.

We have a recruitment team which is taking a load of flack yet we are told Danny Lennon has the final say when it comes to signings etc.Obviously this is not working and the signing strategy is a disaster.If it is down to Lennon then he needs to go and take Diamond and co with him.Lennon’s signings have been abysmal with the exception of Mitchell-I believe MCStay,Lang and Grant arrived due the influence of others.

Time for change from top to bottom.

Yes, I tend to agree. You have to wonder what the criteria is for our recruitment team and Danny in making the final call. Everyone keeps banging on about financials and I understand the constraints a modest budget brings. That said, surely to christ we're not quite as skint as the players on the park seem to suggest! 

Did Diamond and/or Danny actually watch any of our signings in action prior to bringing them to the club? Are they just scanning spreadsheets of names and picking those who fit the budget? If that's the case, i'll happily do that job for free and treat it like a low budget version of Champ Manager. I doubt my suggested targets for Danny would be any worse and it'll boost the player budget a little by freeing up Diamond's wage.

I do like Danny Lennon and think he's a decent enough coach but regardless of budget (incidentally, ours can't be significantly worse than some of the other teams in the division) he's clearly lost his touch on the recruitment side. Assuming he ever had it to begin with! 

Edited by RutherGlen

10 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

That’s a bit harsh, they have had some good results recently against teams at our level East Fife being the obvious one. They are better than you would expect. 

This is just a bunch of kids, they lost most of their team to Stenny.

If we don't manage to score a goal in 90 mins against this lot, forget questions...serious ACTION is required. If nothing significant changes in the next week or two, I don't think I'll be attending Broadwood for the foreseeable. There's only so much mental torture I can take...

Edited to add context:

I was a season ticket holder during the Bomber Brown, Jim Chapman and that other p***k (cannae even mind his name right now) and I still dragged myself along to Broadwood every other week as I know most of you guys did. I fear if something significant isn't done soon, this season has the potential to eclipse even those dark days in terms of mind numbing ineptitude.

Edited by RutherGlen

Something just isn’t right, I know that’s obvious, but I mean seriously not right. It’s as if we are being systematically and deliberately run into the ground. The signings just don’t make any sense to me at all. It’s all just inexplicable and very very concerning. 

This isn’t based on tonight, it’s looking like it’s a much deeper problem. Be that financial or something else, I don’t know, but it’s all very strange. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

I don’t think losing to Broomhill in this competition is an all time low, it does however highlight some of the squad players aren’t good enough for our level. 

This was a chance for people like Andrew, McGrath etc to come in and make a case for a game but that’s obviously not happened. Kennedy was talked up when he signed yet doesn’t even start tonight, seemed a bit strange. 

18 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

If we don't manage to score a goal in 90 mins against this lot, forget questions...serious ACTION is required. If nothing significant changes in the next week or two, I don't think I'll be attending Broadwood for the foreseeable. There's only so much mental torture I can take...

Edited to add context:

I was a season ticket holder during the Bomber Brown, Jim Chapman and that other p***k (cannae even mind his name right now) and I still dragged myself along to Broadwood every other week as I know most of you guys did. I fear if something significant isn't done soon, this season has the potential to eclipse even those dark days in terms of mind numbing ineptitude.

Stuart Millar perhaps