Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Well speaking for myself and not the substantial numbers on the Branch I can wholeheartedly say there is more football knowledge and understanding in the U16 department of the GB than there is in the clubs recruitment area.

Glasgow branch are a complete joke and a complete embarrassment to the club. I wonder what reprobate they would suggest? CRINGE!!! CRINGE!!! CRINGE!!! At the very thought.

On 04/08/2021 at 14:10, Come Away The Clyde said:

That's a fuckn disgraceful statement - I'm not a member of the Glasgow Branch, but I know some of the lads and many have followed the club they love since our Shawfield days, the branch (like many of us) dig deep into our pockets when possible for very little return, your comment comes across as bitter and childish, we all know where the GB congregate within the stand, maybe best you make your statement in person if you feel so strongly apposed to them ?

I have no bother telling any of them anything. They are a complete disgrace today and have been for many years. You see the mess they get into particularly at away games. They do nothing other than tarnish the name of the club. And i think you can see by the number of down votes (7) that there are plenty who think the same. So no its not a fucking disgraceful statement, its a fact.

How are people feeling ahead of the game tomorrow ? Personally I think we’re in for another tough game and probably another 2/3-0 loss. Until we sharpen up our defence I think we’re gna struggle in every single game this season home and away. I personally can’t make it to the game but hope it’s a good journey for those that can make it !

12 minutes ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

How are people feeling ahead of the game tomorrow ? Personally I think we’re in for another tough game and probably another 2/3-0 loss. Until we sharpen up our defence I think we’re gna struggle in every single game this season home and away. I personally can’t make it to the game but hope it’s a good journey for those that can make it !

Tough game  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Based on showing so far this season would say it just a case of how many Montrose win by.

Last year Montrose were the best footballing team in the division IMO.  How we managed to get 4 points in two games from them will never know.

First game due purely to the brilliance of DGW and second game was due to a penalty and fluke charge down against the keeper.

Can only see one result tomorrow, and not in the positive.

1 minute ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Wouldnt be suprised if few new faces in and possibly some leaving this month.

Heard from a contact that at half time Rob Jones on Saturday was told he was a "big lazy b******"" and to "f*** off in his car" and not be there at the end of the game.

Good to see the team bonding in the dressing room coming together.

28 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Wouldnt be suprised if few new faces in and possibly some leaving this month.

Presumably if they're on contracts, they'd need to be guaranteed another club to go to before agreeing to basically rip up the paperwork...I'm assuming that's the case ?

I've no idea whether there'll be folk leaving or coming in.  What we don't need are any more strikers, we've guys there proven to do the job & I'd still like to see Cunningham used more centrally as he's shown if you create chances for him he can do the business.

Defence needs looked at.  Don't know the score with the lad Page.  Twice injured before the league started, maybe just a coincidence.  From the little I saw of him pre-season he looked reasonably solid, but if he's injury prone or whatever, been through that before with others.  Midfield also needs one or two more bodies in, Gomis is a holding midfielder and a good one, but need more energy in there to play further up and help control the game more.  Wouldn't be surprised if he got one or two of the kind of players in midfield he needs it's the last you'd see DGW back there somehow.

32 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Heard from a contact that at half time Rob Jones on Saturday was told he was a "big lazy b******"" and to "f*** off in his car" and not be there at the end of the game.

Good to see the team bonding in the dressing room coming together.

If true it’s best news I’ve heard all week