Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Probably been said already and I can just about understand the reasons but why has the Bully Wee fund been cut to 42 weeks? Surely of the 220 contributors last season, a full 52 weeks would have been acceptable again! For the ease of expression, that's £5500 less in the player fund. Surely that was easy money. [emoji837][emoji836][emoji835]

[emoji848]

29 minutes ago, Scotchpie said:

Probably been said already and I can just about understand the reasons but why has the Bully Wee fund been cut to 42 weeks? Surely of the 220 contributors last season, a full 52 weeks would have been acceptable again! For the ease of expression, that's £5500 less in the player fund. Surely that was easy money. emoji837.pngemoji836.pngemoji835.png

emoji848.png

I was scared to ask in case it was something really obvious.

Similarly, I know we can all go on the Morton twitter and see we aren't getting tickets but it really should be communicated by Clyde as well.

We've signed Lewis Jamieson on loan from Saint Mirren and I see he bagged some goals for you last season. How did he get on for you during his loan spell? Anything he was particularly good / bad at?

12 minutes ago, RiG said:

We've signed Lewis Jamieson on loan from Saint Mirren and I see he bagged some goals for you last season. How did he get on for you during his loan spell? Anything he was particularly good / bad at?

Came in and done well IMO. Left footer who can play through the middle or off the right hand side. Quite pacy and direct. Actually ended up our joint 2nd highest scorer last season. 

Best goal he scored for us was the second one here to give a glimpse of what he's capable of

Before all our summer business I was hoping we could get him on loan again but obviously St Mirren want to test him at a higher level. Keen to see how he gets on and if he plays reguarly as I notice you have the likes of Billy McKay, Shane Sutherland and Manny Duku already.

1 hour ago, C. Muir said:

Came in and done well IMO. Left footer who can play through the middle or off the right hand side. Quite pacy and direct. Actually ended up our joint 2nd highest scorer last season. 

Best goal he scored for us was the second one here to give a glimpse of what he's capable of

Before all our summer business I was hoping we could get him on loan again but obviously St Mirren want to test him at a higher level. Keen to see how he gets on and if he plays reguarly as I notice you have the likes of Billy McKay, Shane Sutherland and Manny Duku already.

Cheers. it's an area of the squad that the supporters didn't really think needed reinforcing but Dodds has been clear he wanted someone else in. Most had been hoping for some defensive reinforcements.

Dodds wants to play two up front and you would guess Duku and Mckay will be the starters there. A bit of cover in the wide areas and up front is no bad thing but we have plenty of players who could potentially have done that already. That said, the ones that are at the club who could fulfil this role may not be impressing Dodds or are simply not fit enough.

Edited by RiG

He did remarkably well given our gameplay after signing him was to not leave our own half and simply punt the ball forward for him or Goodwillie to chase.

Made a huge difference in the crucial final game as a sub.

Yeah would’ve happily taken him back but I think our main thing is get a few defenders in. But it’s so late into the summer n transfer window I’m not sure there’ll be anyone left that’s good enough. I think we’ll end up in the loan market again n we’ll have to take a gamble on a couple loanee defenders.