Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Morning guys. I've never see Joshua Bradley-Hurst play, but I hope he does a good turn when he's called upon by you guys. I spoke to him back in April time and he was a really nice big guy who has had a tough time of it through injury.

It's a bit of shameless self-promotion, but here's how his move to Dumbarton came about - via being teammates with Jude Bellingham and working nights making PPE.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/dumbartons-joshua-bradley-hurst-playing-23959934

That's brilliant! Don't get stories like that too often up here do you?

13 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

That's brilliant! Don't get stories like that too often up here do you?

I love it when you get a player opening up a wee bit about himself and his journey. Joshua was one of my favourite interviews from last season though. Right up there with asking Nat Wedderburn about the time a naked Tony Pulis stuck the head on James Beattie at Stoke 🤣

I thought we looked pretty weak last night defending in the wide areas. We haven’t really been effective at stopping the ball coming in from wide for a while and teams know this seems to be a continued weakness under DL. Im not panicking yet but I’d like another RB and another CB in ideally, but the positives are we never got going and came away with the win. Thought Gomis and Splaine were useful and Balatoni strolled it. 

On big Jones. I was really encouraged by his performance. He caused issues and seemed to cause the Stranraer defenders a different problem to deal with and he could and maybe should have finished with 2 goals. Him trying the square it when he had the goal gaping tells me that he is a man who is very very short of confidence and belief. Big man might need to be coddled a bit but if he finds it he could well be a good player for us I think.

15 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

On big Jones. I was really encouraged by his performance. He caused issues and seemed to cause the Stranraer defenders a different problem to deal with and he could and maybe should have finished with 2 goals. Him trying the square it when he had the goal gaping tells me that he is a man who is very very short of confidence and belief. Big man might need to be coddled a bit but if he finds it he could well be a good player for us I think.

Totally agree here. That move where he chopped the defender twice after a couple of stepovers - when he actually got in front of goal he shat it after doing the hard bit. As usual with these strikers it's absolutely key to get him a goal early.

32 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Totally agree here. That move where he chopped the defender twice after a couple of stepovers - when he actually got in front of goal he shat it after doing the hard bit. As usual with these strikers it's absolutely key to get him a goal early.

Robert Jones scored on his league debut for us. It was not the key to anything, we got dicked off East Fife that day and he never scored a league goal again I don't think. I think the only other goal he got was against you boys at Broadwood in the league cup. 

I thought we started pretty well last night then the game and tempo died a death in the second half. Stranraer played some nice stuff and are a good League 2 side.

Mitch had a great save in the first half from a one-on-one. Balatoni was pretty solid and Rumsby did well alongside him for the most part.

the two full backs were dodgy. The left back (Docherty?) played some good balls forward for Goodie but got caught with balls over the top of him quite a few times. Especially second half. Get Cuddihy and Livingstone at full backs, Danny!

Gomis was good in the middle, some good challenges and not afraid to put his foot on the ball and pick a pass. Maybe lucky not to get a second yellow but it still would’ve been harsh IMO.

Splaine came into the game more as it went on. Given the time he’s been out with injury over the past while he will need time to get back up to Speed. 

Wasn’t impressed with Cuddihy in the middle, he didn’t do much from memory.

Love and Cunningham were ok and Goodie bullied a couple of their defenders but didn’t have many clear cut chances. Took his penalty well, though.

Overall, a decent win in our first competitive match against a team who narrowly missed out being promoted back into our league last season. The heat probably didn’t help as the game went on either.

No shock some people are panicking already. We will be fine this season. Mid table.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

I know i shouldnt be judging him on one game but am getting serious donkey vibes off Jones. Just can’t help it hope he proves me wrong.
I think there's plenty of us that think the same but desperately want to be wrong.

Currently I see no redeeming features in his play.

East Kilbride game now sold out for Clyde fans, still a few for home fans. Will be good to see an away game again after so long, hopefully it’ll be a good game ! 
Gutted I will miss this game due to work, will be watching on from Thurso! [emoji1267]

5 hours ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

East Kilbride game now sold out for Clyde fans, still a few for home fans. Will be good to see an away game again after so long, hopefully it’ll be a good game ! 

Not much of an achievement the ground is tiny 

22 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Can't believe 14 people gave money to these old firm colt arselickers

100% agree.. total boycott of anything Colt or LL related (apart from the very few teams who opposed it).

Happy to be proven wrong on this but unless Tade is signing on as an amateur or on next to nothing then would be a bizzare signing.

We already have about 8 forward players while only having 3 centre backs.

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

Happy to be proven wrong on this but unless Tade is signing on as an amateur or on next to nothing then would be a bizzare signing.

We already have about 8 forward players while only having 3 centre backs.

Yeah, regardless of what anyone thinks about the trio we have and improving the quality, you need four centre halves. There's not even somebody in that squad you would put back there in an emergency.