Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

I understand that we didn't give too many players the full match. That makes sense with our first competitive match coming up on Tuesday night. Danny would've been doing something silly if he'd asked us to go out and keep up the sort of tempo we did against Raith, Albion Rovers and Aidrie for long spells. The incentives for the Rangers players were probably a bit stronger than for our lads today as well.

17 minutes ago, Clydeside said:

I understand that we didn't give too many players the full match. That makes sense with our first competitive match coming up on Tuesday night. Danny would've been doing something silly if he'd asked us to go out and keep up the sort of tempo we did against Raith, Albion Rovers and Aidrie for long spells. The incentives for the Rangers players were probably a bit stronger than for our lads today as well.

Or they could have a better team than us.

Let's see how he copes in the real contests but I think this is good business.

I think what might transpire is that the balancing act will take time. That is, to get the right blend between Kennedy, Gomis and Splaine or potentially Cuddihy. Who carries out what role, who takes up what space and so on. But that'd follow for any new midfield.

We're only two or three players away from having really quite a decent side. I'm mostly thinking about defenders there of course.

As I said before, it also helps us out because it means we can have Cuddihy as an option for RB without having to drop him as a starting midfielder.

Another CB and a LB and things will look OK. An attacking option to replace Robinson as well is likely, wonder if we’ll go for a loan for that? A Jamieson level signing is probably optimistic but that’s what we could get with shrewd work.

He did really well in the couple of pre-season games, gave a nice balance to the team. Quite funny the difference in reaction between just signing a random released player and signing someone we've seen on trial.

It makes some of the other signings/re-signings even more bizarre/disappointing as well.

Edited by David W

He's impressed in the couple of preseason friendlies and also in training but giving a two year contract to a "trialist"?

We shouldn't be giving lengthy contracts until they've proven themselves exceptional by producing it on the park for a substantial period.

Worried we make the same mistake we did with McNiff and Rumsby who's two year contacts impacted the following season's squad.

Hopefully Kennedy turns out to be a cracking player and this post gets thrown back in my face.

Happy with signing going by recent reports and viewing

Allison signing Amateur contract and DL advising space opened up for a new player with news of HR leaving during week may suggest our budget done but i could be completely wrong

Wee Loan or two wouldnt do any harm of course in the mold of young otto/Jamieson or even more important a contract extensiom for DGW before next season which could be his last, scary thought indeed

Yer Mithers Pride🇾🇪

Edited by shawfield shed boy