Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

10 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I watched Jones all of last season and more and I 've seen Syvertsen for twenty minutes total.  I already know which one I prefer.

Make the most of it you’ll not be seeing a lot of him.

35 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

Make the most of it you’ll not be seeing a lot of him.

In fact that’s probably his last game for 6 weeks. 
Shame, loads of ability but don’t know if he is actually made of glass or if he is a bottler. 

On 04/07/2021 at 18:04, Clydeside said:

Would be a wee bit worried if I was an Airdrie man but there's time yet of course.

To be fair, we played most of the expected starting players on the Saturday so rested most on the Sunday. Against you guys, our team consisted of some fringe players, who didn't cover themselves in glory, and a fair few trialists, many of who won't be invited back as they were gash. 

You guys played some nice stuff though. Gomis looks a cracking signing. Strolled it. That big awkward striker was exactly that. Awkward. And defenders hate that. Goodwillie will always get you vital goals. Can definitely see you guys being higher placed this season and giving most teams tough games. 

But from an Airdrie perspective, I'd be surprised if you find it that easy when we meet competitively. I bloody hope so anyway! 

Our latest signing, a striker finally, is most welcome and hopefully he bangs in the vital goals this season. More to come to I hope. 

Anyway, good luck for the season ahead and let's both continue to torture Falkirk for another year. 

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

On another note, I see the Broomhill weirdos have bombed out Martin Hardie as their manager despite him never taking charge of the team. I’m really not sure what squad they have left after Steven Swift took most of them to Stenny.

I look forward to them beating us 1-0 in the Challenge Cup.

Thought I give this a post, this is what I’d like to see for the season given the squad we currently have. Ignoring potential injuries that might occur over the season of course. I do think we might need one more central midfielder/full back just as extra cover. What are people’s thoughts ? 

EC3AB94C-F1EA-4C31-83D8-3E0FAE778DF4.jpeg

Edited by ClydeFCTheBullyWee

On another note, I see the Broomhill weirdos have bombed out Martin Hardie as their manager despite him never taking charge of the team. I’m really not sure what squad they have left after Steven Swift took most of them to Stenny.
If their badge is anything to go by then fully expect the likes of Jaric, Mianda and Castolo to be playing for them.

6 minutes ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Thought I give this a post, this is what I’d like to see for the season given the squad we currently have. Ignoring potential injuries that might occur over the season of course. I do think we might need one more central midfielder/full back just as extra cover. What are people’s thoughts ? 

Surely Balatoni over rumsby IMO

2 minutes ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

It's really handy to see it like that actually.

I think Danny probably does stick with that 451/433 arrangement we've seen down the years. That is, as our strongest hand. I'd like to see a 3-5-2 at some point with Jones and Goodwillie together. But the team you've sketched looks strong to me. It could play a bit, that's for sure.

Some might want Balatoni starting. I certainly would. 

8 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
28 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

If their badge is anything to go by then fully expect the likes of Jaric, Mianda and Castolo to be playing for them.

Castolo is an absolute legend of the game tbf. Much better than the big diddy Ordaz, often deployed alongside him.