Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Really like the jersey in the flesh (you know what I mean), even the red sponsor doesn’t bother me too much.

35BDFCB7-9D4B-459B-B0DF-F7D41B72228F.jpeg

Best strip in years IMO but does that mean we are supporting Israeli terrorists ?

58 minutes ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Best strip in years IMO but does that mean we are supporting Israeli terrorists ?

Yeah I’d rather not but as Clyde fans I don’t think we’re in a position to be picking and choosing what crimes we accept as being bearable haha

10 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

I’m at a caravan and at serious risk of getting a swift boot to the stones if I ignore the goings on to watch the game. How are we looking?

Typical friendly tbh. No side really getting into a rhythm. Tade looks way off it fitness wise unfortunately. 

Edited by C. Muir

Can't really judge as a team performance as it's a bit of a mixed team but the Mitchell, Balatoni, Splaine, Gomis and Goodwillie core is strong. Tade looks miles off the pace. The rest are all subs hopefully.

A bit boring all in. We probably should have scored another.

Looks like Livingstone, Page, Cuddihy, Love, Cunningham, Andrew & Trialist on for 2nd half. Anyone recognise the trialist #25? Reduced to the stream today and can't make him out. 

1 hour ago, RosspCfc said:

Told by Kieran McGrath's dad that it was Paul Kennedy who was in the same Celtic youth team as him

I would make him an offer right away. He's of good stature which would address a weakness of ours in the middle of the park. He looks quite polished technically. He read the game reasonably well. He moved it quickly and smartly. I could go on.

If I understand rightly he is a sitting midfielder. If he's got the discipline for that role then he's a perfect fit for our midfield. A trio formed of him, Cuddihy and Gomis would keep the ball very well indeed. Gomis and Cuddihy could push on in that scenario with Kennedy left as the insurance policy. Alternatively, he could be paired with Gomis in a two. Then we could play two up: Jones and Goodwillie. That's a pairing I'd like to see.

His through ball for the third was inch perfect.

Just get him signed. And another centre back please. A big domineering bugger. We could have a right good versatile squad then.

2 minutes ago, Clydeside said:

I would make him an offer right away. He's of good stature which would address a weakness of ours in the middle of the park. He looks quite polished technically. He read the game reasonably well. He moved it quickly and smartly. I could go on.

If I understand rightly he is a sitting midfielder. If he's got the discipline for that role then he's a perfect fit for our midfield. A trio formed of him, Cuddihy and Gomis would keep the ball very well indeed. Gomis and Cuddihy could push on in that scenario with Kennedy left as the insurance policy. Alternatively, he could be paired with Gomis in a two. Then we could play two up: Jones and Goodwillie. That's a pairing I'd like to see.

His through ball for the third was inch perfect.

Just get him signed. And another centre back please. A big domineering bugger. We could have a right good versatile squad then.

Spot on tbf. Comfortable enough. 1st half team stronger than the second. Really impressed with Splaine, Kennedy and especially Gomis. Think Ballotoni and Mortimer will be alright wouldn't mind another defender if such a thing is available though

If it's Airdrie we're playing tomorrow then that'll be an interesting watch.

We'll have the likes of Easton and Agnew to deal with in the midfield. Gallagher and Allan up front. Although we've already played Raith Rovers I don't think we'll have had quite as hard a test as we will against Airdrie. They've a power of trialists knocking around too so there'll be a special incentive for them.

I think it'll be a decent game for a friendly.

Thought Balatoni and Rumsby worked well, Balatoni was very vocal, the starting Full backs were no where near good enough, has to be Cuddihy and Livingstone. Gomis is the real deal, think I'm alone in saying I never rated Splaine, the trialist No 25 looked a far better player.  Jury is out on McGrath and Robinson, but Tade  is a mile away from a first team place,  Ally Love surely has booked his place, tremendous effort and we looked more dangerous when he was on.. 

3 minutes ago, BW Charlie said:

Did anybody else's stream cut back to the screen where you press play. Mine done it evey 60 - 90 seconds through the full match. Absolute nuisance. Maybe I was doing something wrong ?

Mine was fine but I noticed a few Airdrie fans on their thread have the same problem as you did during their game against Cumbernauld Colts. 

Don't know if the web browser might have something to do with it? I use Microsoft Edge.

1 hour ago, RosspCfc said:

Spot on tbf. Comfortable enough. 1st half team stronger than the second. Really impressed with Splaine, Kennedy and especially Gomis. Think Ballotoni and Mortimer will be alright wouldn't mind another defender if such a thing is available though

I think we were weaker in the centre of defence in the second half. That was because Docherty came inside to play beside Page as a centre back. He didn't do well there. Then you had Livingstone coming on to play where Docherty had, as a left back, but with Gomis gone from the centre of the park the back left-hand third of the pitch wasn't quite as well protected as it was in the first half.

I think we were much stronger offensively in the second half. In the first half with an unfit Tade, McGrath and Robinson we didn't have a lot of teeth. The deeper role Goodwillie played was an obvious waste of his talent. And the whole left hand side was shut off to Docherty and McGrath in the first half because of Rovers rapid shut-downs out near the dugouts. You can add into it all that McGrath was probably being played out of position on the flank too.

When we got Cunningham and Livingstone down the left and Love and Mortimer down the right we had some menace about us. Of course, it was also the case that Goodwillie led the line then, with Cuddihy and Kennedy offering more threat in possession than Gomis and Splaine had in the first half.

I think we could have a good, competitive pool of central midfielders if we signed Kennedy. Gomis is a Rolls Royce of a signing with plenty miles still in his tank. Cuddihy ticks us over nicely in the same way Gomis does and gives us more offensively. He also balances out Gomis as a left-footer. Splaine has enough about him to persuade me that we're not wasting a wage. He reminds me of David Sinclair a little. A better player in some ways but he seems to play a similar game and comes with some of the same physical limitations I remember Sinclair having.

I'd like to see Jones paired with Goodwillie tomorrow. And I'd like to see a central mixture of Gomis, Cuddihy and Kennedy at points through the match. Be keen to see how those players hit it off together.

Edited by Clydeside
Typos

Gomis is an absolutely tremendous player. Sat in line pretty much to where he was sitting and he absolutely strolled it. Always coming short to take the ball. Always in space and always calm. Some of the little triangles he was playing with Splaine and the centre halves were total joy to watch.

He worked really well with Splaine, who looked great on the ball but a bit “Kevin Nicoll” in the tackle as we seen on a couple of occasions.

No. 25 looked a lovely player when he came on. His assist for the third was tremendous.

Page looked fine. Mortimer was poor in the first half but grew into it. Docherty looked sluggish. Tade looked miles off it. McGrath had some nice flashes but was mostly pretty quiet. Robinson done ok, looks small but quick and tidy. Balatoni is a good CB for this level and was very calm next to Rumsby. Cassidy looked nervous at CB. Jones looked like he’s good at fives. The elusive McCormack was listed as a sub but wasn’t there which I kept having a chuckle at.